PROLOGUE

One Day

They kept running toward Baekhyun’s flat, the atmosphere was fun with their laughter. People would stare at them because laughing too loud but they didn’t really care because it was indeed fun and exciting. They ran down to the street as Baekhyun held Jieun’s tiny hand and on the middle of the street Baekhyun finally pulled Jieun for a kiss. They smiled to each other between the kisses before hurried themselves to Baekhyun’s flat.

“It’s just round the corner. This way.”

As they almost reached Baekhyun’s flat, his parents were already there.

“Oh, Baekhyun!”

“Damn it, they’re early.”

Baekhyun let go of Jieun’s hand as they were quite surprised by his parents. Jieun felt rather disappointed but she couldn’t do anything.

“You’re early.”

“We thought we’d surprised you.”

“Clearly we have.” His father mumbled.

“Mum, Dad this is Lee Jieun.”

“Hello. Pleased to meet you.”

“Jieun, you’ll join us for tea, yes?”

“Oh..no, no, thanks. I should leave you to it.”

“Are you going to go?”

“Yeah. Well, pleasure to meet you and…well, have a nice life.”

“Okay.”

They awkwardly did a hand-shake, Jieun wanted to end this awkward situation but she took the wrong direction so she should turned around and mentally slapped herself because this was embarrassing. Mrs. Byun smiled upon Jieun’s awkwardness, she liked this girl.

“I’m sorry, did we just interrupt something?”

“No, no. Jieun’s just a good friend.”

“Weren’t you wearing this yesterday?”

“This rascal.”

Jieun kept walking straightly; she was rather upset and disappointed. She knitted her eyebrow before stopped because Baekhyun was shouting her name.

“Jieun. Ji! Ji, wait! Wait, wait!”

She turned around as held her smile.

“Look, I need your phone number.”

“My number? Right, of course.”

“Look, I’m sorry about all of that. I wasn’t expecting them until after we…well, you know.”

“Right. This is me in Seoul. Ah, my parents’ numbers and their address just in case. Oh, dad got a fax machine at work.”

“Just phone number is fine.”

“Thank you.”

Jieun couldn’t stop herself smiling; she couldn’t actually believe that Baekhyun would ask for her phone number. As for Baekhyun, he also surprised with his own self, he thought that Jieun was all different and they could actually will be good friends….with benefit maybe. They kept smiling rather shyly before Baekhyun reached for Jieun’s nape and pulled her closer then captured her soft strawberry lips. They kissed again, eyes closed as Baekhyun held Jieun even closer to him. They pulled away still with the silly shy smiles.

“Look, I’ve got to go.”

“I know.”

“But we will see each other again.”

“I know we will.”

Jieun’s second goodbye was her last goodbye before finally walked away; Baekhyun watched her tiny figure and walked away. They walked farther from each other to become as close as they were before. The empty alley had become a witness about their story, this was everything had begun. This was how Baekhyun and Jieun story started, through goodbyes as one-night-stand-random-person to hello as lover before death tore them apart. Jieun kept turning away to say her goodbyes and Baekhyun kept smiling upon her behavior.

“Goodbye, Baek.”

“Goodbye.”

“Goodbye.