VIII.

Windy Hall (Hiatus)

Caged in one of the nation’s hardest box to crack, he knew his purpose was to entertain. But he was getting tired of being used by the people he serves and amused. He feared them just as much as they fear him. Sitting in a fetus position with his cuffed hands resting on his knees, the buff man with white hair breathed in and out loudly. Though he knew it would be over soon, the position was getting unbearable.

With every sides blocked up, he wasn’t given any visual of what it was like on the outside. At least not yet but he could hear the cheering and chanting of random citizens as they gather to see him. Then before the noise could get to him, the box began to rise from its place and he could feel himself being pulled up from the ground. As he wait patiently for the landing, the white haired popped his knuckles with only his fingers. Then before he breaks free from the cube and shackles that kept him trapped to the board he sat on, the side opposite of him fell off and revealed what was part of the audience.

This was his signal, to make his move.

It took a minute or two for the crowd to quiet down and wait for him. Knowing this he flexed every muscle in his body and with all of his super strength he shattered the cage into a thousand different pieces. His action sent impressed roars, applauses, and whistles throughout the stadium. Over the field was a large black metal piece in the form of a net. It sat high up as a barrier to protect the observers from any danger in the ring.

“Everyone! I present to you The Punisher!” a voice came through speakers installed around the area. The man, also known as The Punisher, scanned his fans. In the crowd he could see children waving to him, women gushing over him, and men envious but cheering for him, like he was their favorite player on a sports team.

Searching through the group, the man had hoped to see a familiar face. When he realized that the person he was looking for wasn’t present, he diverted his attention to the center where eight men were tied up around a fat dark brown pole. They were gagged with dirty white rags and their limbs were bounded. With no place to go and nowhere to hide some of the men who have been staring at him were trembling and covered in their own sweat.

“And now the criminals must be punished!”

The words hinted the Punisher to stretched before he walked toward the group. Even from afar he could see the horror in their gazes, and these were criminals who have wronged the innocent. And when doing so wore smirks and evil grins on their human faces. Once he was standing directly in front of one of the men, he popped his knuckles again before landing one single blow to the person’s head.

Instantly the bounded was dead. Reflecting from the dead’s eyes was the Punisher as he threw another hook to make sure the lifeless was really dead. As he made his way around the pole, pounding the faces of the criminals in with pleasure and breaking their necks, something in him clicked. Was this really him? Is this really what he wanted to do and to be for the rest of his life?

Once the loud event was done and over with, the lad was chained up and left to stand alone in a large empty room. It was so quiet now that he could hear himself breathe. Before he could rest his eyes from boredom he heard a sound behind the door. Through the tiny crack under the door, he thought his mind was playing a joke on him. Oozing in was liquid, a dark kind of substance.

The solution flowed in smoothly and gathered into a perfectly rounded circle. Then as if someone was pulling strings on puppets, the liquid began to rise like sharp needles. The Punisher watched in fascination as fluid got larger and started sticking onto each other, then moments later the silhouette of a person was visible. At this the Punisher showed an indifferent expression for the first time as he asked, “Who are you?”

His right eye was hidden under his long snow-white bangs when his left eye grew wider. In front of him, a man presented himself in a stuck up manner, his bony arms were folded across his chest as he looked directly into the eyes of the locked up man. “Daesung, would you join me on an expedition?”

Staring at the stranger the one known as Daesung frowned, “Who are you?” his voice was husky yet dangerously low. “What are you doing here?”

The being revealed a wicked grin as he examined Daesung with his dark eyes, “I’m Jiyong. I’m here to free you. I want you to accompany me, I want you as my partner.”

“To where?”

The devil in Jiyong flashed the other an eye smile, “Windy Hall.”



After going completely blind there was only one thing Jisoo feared more than the silhouette she sees and it was going deaf as well. The area she entered was dead silent and it scared her a little. But as she traced the cold stone walls with her fingers, she could feel its roughness and cracks on the surface and, it somehow comforted her. Once in awhile spider web would lace around her finger and she’d wipe it off on her dress. In front of her two dark figures seemed to be leading but at the same time watching her. The figures were made of dark matter and in human form, except coming out of their back seems to be black smoke.

Jisoo didn’t notice a difference between these forms and those from the woods; these guys didn’t talk. Not a word has left them ever since they brought her there. Normally they’ll make audible but raspy gibberish noise like they’re in the middle of some angry meeting. Right as Jisoo took another step, she accidentally jammed her toe against a rock and kicked it. Unexpectedly she let out a small cry of surprise and pain. In front of her the two matter seemed concern, as they appeared to have turned their front to her and their skinny, fading arms, were reaching out toward her.

Seeing this, Jisoo bit her lips and held in any noise that may escape her. When they continued down the path, she assumed to be a long hallway of some sort, she could feel that it was guiding her in a slightly different direction. However, the two figures continued to move in a straight line so she could only guess that the hall was getting wider. Then as the wall suddenly take a sharp turn and all she could feel was emptiness, her vision was suddenly attacked with dark figures everywhere.

Some were squatting, others standing, the rest flying.

Jisoo took a small step back as she processed what was in front of her. She was fascinated and afraid, it’s her first time seeing so many of them gathered in one place. And the worst part was they were all focused on her. Jisoo thought about turning around and running out the way she came in, but before she can attempt to someone or something grabbed her by the arm. The force yanked her forward from her standing spot. As Jisoo is shoved into the center of the room against her will and without any warning, the lass fell against the hard ground.

The floor was just as cold as the walls. As Jisoo breathed against it, the mix of her warm breath and dust filled her lungs and nose. With her hands supporting herself she sat up slowly as the darkness hovered over her. Glancing around her vision grew darker and darker until she felt a gush of wind wrapping around her body, lifting her up, and carrying her for a short distance. Then as if someone decided to drop her, Jisoo fell onto the ground again on all fours. The lass intake air, she couldn’t figure out what was happening.

When she could finally get a glimpse of what was ahead of her, Jisoo noticed ten figures, five on opposite sides, were clinging onto something she couldn’t make out. Their bodies were upside down and in a row, then where they were supposed to connect was a large absence. Once she finally found her footing, another source of energy nudged her closer to what was a man.

Jisoo didn’t know what she was looking at until she heard chains rattled.

“Jisoo!” a familiar voice spooked her and as she was about to turn around, something woke up right in front of her. The abrupt volume of one’s heavy ex-and-inhaling sent chills down Jisoo’s spine.

Just a few inches away from her, she heard a mysterious voice ask, “Free me, will ya?”



A/N: Jaejoong COMING SOON! xD