X.

Windy Hall (Hiatus)

Jaejoong was expressionless, arms crossed, and leaned up against the stoney, cold wall. Meanwhile, directly in front of him was Jisoo, still on her knees and hands followed by a pins and needles sensation.

Jisoo could perceive his gaze on her; however, he wasn’t the only one watching her. Xia cleared his throat and cocked his head to the side as he spoke, “You must have questions for me, Seo Jisoo the last Keeper.”

The new and husky voice caused Jisoo to glance up and look around, searching for the direction of his voice. Rising her head slowly, her soft features were exposed to Xia who straightened up his head, looking right into her cloudy brown pupils. Instantly he discovered that she was blind; however, what enticed him was Jaejoong’s expression instead. Clearly, the lad was responsible for bringing her in, so has he known about her disability?

“Interesting isn’t it? The last Keeper ever is as blind as a bat,” Jaejoong commented when he caught Xia gazing his direction, then he smirked, “I wonder if this was on purpose or coincidentally,”

Xia knew what Jaejoong was referring to but in order to not disclose any scary information to their guest, he merely changed the topic, “The crucial point is you’re both here now and the Keeper managed to break you free. From this point forward you know the drill,” Xia gestured a hand toward the exit but was met with a scoff.

“Seriously? It’s the last time, let me sit in on this one. For a thousand years I’ve been dying to know what it is that you discuss with my masters when I’m absent.”

Jisoo couldn’t grasp what was happening around her, but she concluded that if she remains silent then maybe the two males would just talk among themselves.

“Nothing to do with you but simply an introduction. As your brother and the King of immortals, it’s only expected of me to get to know the Keeper. As you know, Keepers are mortals but we see them as immortals.” Xia said with no amusement in his tone. Jaejoong stared a little, he was having a hard time believing what the man had said.

Jaejoong’s smirk faded and was replaced by a cold yet sad smile, “Really? If what you said is true then you’re saying you saw Jiae as a being on the same level as us?” Jaejoong detached himself from the wall, his dried lips, and sigh before stating, “Yet she went out worse than an animal would. You call that mercy?”

Silence filled the room briefly and for a moment Jisoo thought she heard the air around her whistle.

“It’s been awhile since I hear you mention her name.” There were still no emotions in the huskier one’s voice, “You must hold a grudge but I only treated her so because of you and you know that. You know the rules, yet you tried to play around them. However, you shouldn’t be worry. Remember, if you succeed, Father will grant you one last wish.”

A heavy snort came out of Jaejoong before he stomped out of the room. He wasn’t about to stay in the same room with Xia for another second. As his heavy footsteps dwindled, Xia turned all of his attention to Jisoo. “Forgive my brother. He’s a bit of a hot-headed,” he immediately apologized on behalf of the other, as if Jisoo had been insulted by him.

“No,” Jisoo voiced but didn’t realize it came out softer and lower than she had intended.

It was a minute but Jisoo thought she heard a chuckle from the man. In the end, he was laughing. “Please stand, your limbs are probably suffering from the floor,”

She wasn’t sure what was funny about it but immediately she obeyed him. As she tried to stand up and endured the pain, she winced a little before straightening herself before him. Finally, she recognized his laughter again, but before she was given the chance to question the reason behind it, he enlightened her.

“I’ve never met a Keeper quite like you before. Perhaps it’s because of your inability to see but it’s quite refreshing.”

Jisoo wasn’t sure if he was complimenting or making fun of her, but the sweetness in his voice made her believe it was the former. “To my knowledge, you’re Lord Xia...right?” She questioned once his chortle began to die down.

“Indeed,”

Before she could carry on with his so call introduction, another question came to her, “You said something about me being the last Keeper. What do you mean by that?”

Xia’s lips were formed into a thin line as he hummed gently.


Time was rarely wasted when Myungsoo quickly tracked and found Sungjong on a dirt road, still near the forest. The youth was resting and contemplating on where to go next as he had no place to go.

Myungsoo stopped his mount beside Sungjong and reached down to grab the walker’s wrist, as he pulled it up and passed him his horse’s rein again, Sungjong shot him a dangerous look. “Why are you following me? I thought I told you I don’t want to be around you. Let me go, I don’t want to continue this journey with you.” Despite his tone and demand, Myungsoo forced the rein into the boy’s hand.

"I cannot let you roam free when you possessed black magic.”

The blonde frowned, uncertain if he understood where the older Wizard is coming from, “What does that suppose to mean?”

“You should know. Also, there’s something I need to confirm,” in a flash the rein in Sungjong’s hand was wrapped around his wrist instead.

Sungjong gasped a little, “Are you holding me, hostage, right now? What kind of trick is this, release me!”

Myungsoo pulled on the rope, bringing Sungjong’s body closer to his ride as Myungsoo leaned over and nearly bump heads with the other. “When I saved you, remember what you said to me? That forever you’ll only follow me and be my partner. You’re not taking what you said back because of a Keeper are you?”

His once pretty face was morphed into hatred and disgust, “That’s because back then I thought you only save others, but now that you’ve revealed yourself to be a killer it makes me hate you. I loathed all of the time I’ve spent with you! I can’t stand you!”

Undisturbed, Myungsoo sneered, “Yet I’ve fallen for you and even death, can't-do much to separate us.”

Taken aback and horrified, Sungjong was speechless when Myungsoo dragged him away. Together, they quietly headed toward Skyfall Tower.


A large male squats down before the broken chain before reaching out for it. As he lifted it up, he could feel its usual weight. Slowly he turned to a man accompanying him from behind.

Scanning the location with his utmost carefulness, the smaller male crinkled his nose. He wasn’t fond of the emptiness lurking in the space. “Since it’s the last time, it seems they’ve moved faster huh?”

Sluggishly the other stood up to face the one who spoke, then he questioned, “What should we do now?”

“Words of your escape may have reached Skyfall by now,” upon uttering the familiar name, an idea came to the lad flowingly, “ ah, Skyfall. They must be there already,”

His clueless flattened his eyes, trying to read what the smaller was on about. But unlike his unstoppable strength, his brains did not run was smooth and as powerful as he would like them to.

“Let’s pay them a visit Daesung, what do you say eh? Shall I give you a tour of Skyfall, huh?”


Xia has kept mum for some time, which had Jisoo wondering if she should instigate for him to finish or switch topic. Finally, when her lower jaw dropped, ready to speak, Xia interrupted her.

“You may not believe it, but Jaejoong and I are nearly two thousand years old. In the beginning, our purpose was to blend in and coexist with humans. So to understand humans, we live with and adapt to your ways. We were allowed to give advice and guide your race, but we could not rule your kind as we’re different. However, certain immortals became greedy. They hated the idea of coexisting and wanted to rule this planet,”

Though Jisoo was all ears, she couldn’t help but become curious as to why Xia was telling her this. Was a history lesson really necessary before he could answer her simple question?

“One of them was Jaejoong,”

Jisoo froze. Sure she had just met him and rightfully they’re nothing, yet, but acquaintances but hearing his name threw her off. Her eyes widen as she eagerly waits for him to continue.

“Jaejoong was the most powerful immortal back then and because of that many others followed him. Since he was the leader, our Father had to stop him first and he had to do it somehow. Fortunately, our Father couldn’t and wouldn’t end Jaejoong’s life, so with all ado, he locked Jaejoong up there, Windy Hall.” Jisoo was slightly relieved that she wasn’t completely left in the dark. After being there, in Windy Hall, witnessing all of those dark figures and managing to surprisingly free Jaejoong, she was glad she could understand their story on a personal level.

“Then..the figures I can see, they are..?” trailing off, Jisoo hoped Xia would fill her in. To no disappointment, he did so immediately.

“We call them dark matter. They’re a source of Jaejoong’s powers. They are used for attacks and defense and are a life of its own. Jaejoong has no control over them, at least not anymore.”

The lass blinked, “Not anymore?”

Xia hummed, “Once upon a time, Jaejoong could touch, see, and command them. But after his greed, after he dived into the darker energy in him, any light source of power he had was morphed into this uncontrollable dark matter. Just as violent as he had gotten, so did this dark matter. They often torture him when he acts out.”

It seems like the more Jisoo knew, the more confusing it got. Were these people, these beings the good and fair? Or are they dangerous and evil? She couldn’t tell and for once in a long time, she wished she could see. She wanted a visual of these people. Who were they really? Why was she mixed in with them? Then something slipped into her train of thoughts.

“Death Light,” she absentmindedly uttered, “who’s Death Light? Myungsoo spoke of him,”

Jisoo could hear movement and she guessed that Xia was standing up from his seat. Then she heard sparks. Something that one would normally hear when dealing with electricity.

“Ah, you speak of me, Death Light?” Jisoo fell forward a little, startled by yet another new voice. “Why, hello Xia,”

“Jiyong,” Xia spoke.

Then an eerily laughter of insanity filled the room.