I.

Windy Hall (Hiatus)


Just like the moribund stars that gloss the inky night sky, dying candles lit the castle’s rooms and entryways. Unlike the untold stars, the blocks of wax leave behind no shadows in its presence. As shadows in theory can be very dangerous. However, the blend of brightness and darkness—dimness—did not pressure the two enabled bodies left alone in the room near a set of ash curved marbled stairs.

Of the two men, one had silken blond hair and is clustered in layers of white sheets that made him look much bigger than his normal, angular size. Exposed at the neck, his skin was scarless and pearly, aspects of his that attracted both men and women. And one of the many reasons why he was backed up against the cold, stone wall and trapped in by the second male’s arms.

The opposite party is a man much taller and just as good looking if not better than the blondie. Unlike the one held in his captive circle, this one had short dark coffee-brown hair that brought out his envious double eye-lid and evenly broad shoulders, and much manlier Asian features. Silently he was searching for the blond’s light hazel eyes, but the other was too bashful to meet his gaze.

With all the time in the world, the dark hair remove his left hand from the bittering walls and rest them gently onto the side of the blondie’s face, masking all of said one right cheek. A gesture they both knew made the heart of the shorter skip a beat. The man then began the softness of the other’s cheek as if he was wiping away dirt from the fellow’s face.

The blondie, frozen in place, could feel nothing but the man’s fondling. For what felt like the longest time, he struggles to breathe properly. Once in a while he was hoping the latter would make it obvious that he, too, was fighting to intake air normally. But the lad was as calm as a shell, a seashell that leans whichever way the waves would have pushed it without a fight.

Their little bonding was cut short when a third party entered the room. At the top of the stairs, a figure cleared his throat which obtained mainly the dark hair’s attention before he made an announcement, “Master Myungsoo, the Lord has summon you to his room,”

The brown hair, identify as Myungsoo, detached his hands from the wall and the shorter's face before resting them onto the male’s shoulders, “I'll be there shortly,” he answered which signaled the intruder to leave first. Then before he pulled away completely, he flashed a smile and dimple to the light-haired one. “Wait for me here,” he said. Then tenderly he patted the man’s shoulders before departing. His shoes clicked and cracked against the stone as he head upstairs. The blondie watched until the lad sheerly vanished from the first floor before turning his back to the set of stairs. Without a sound he naturally disobeyed the other’s words and left the room to warm itself.

Retreating his steps, to get a glance of the first floor, Myungsoo was slightly disappointed. But he knew, the blond was not one to oblige to his orders. Hence, without wanting to keep his master waiting, Myungsoo quietly turn back around and headed into a long hallway. In the long straight hall, Myungsoo could already feel the presence of the man he was to meet on the other side of the grand wooden doors ahead of him. Steadily he made his way over and came to a halt before the one who had came to get him earlier. Before the servant open the door, Myungsoo stopped him with a question, “Firstly, how is his condition?”

The servant did not hesitate and answer directly, “Not so well, as you know another twenty years has passed,” his short reply gave Myungsoo all the answers he needed to know. Thus he allowed the man to proceed before he slipped through the entrance. The room he has set foot in was drowned with warmth. It toasty colors from the furniture, wallpaper, curtain and warm temperature along with the bright lights heated up the room. However, its state wasn’t necessarily for the purpose of decor, but for nursing reasons. The cozy room was made to keep a particular body warm and homely.

As Myungsoo stride closer to the center of the room, right across from him was a large bed caved in by long see-through red curtains. Lying on the golden color of the bedsheets was a man; his chalky hair, as white as his skin, was spiked up in who-knows-how-many-different directions and the bags under his eyes were more than visible. The creases in the man skin gave him the appearance of a sixty year old man despite the youth aura he oddly carry. Without taking a step closer to the one on the bed, Myungsoo cupped his hand together, head-high, and lowered his head.

“Master Xia, I greet you for the first time in ten years,” Myungsoo said aloud. The room was left dead silent after his greeting. Without moving a muscle, he knew what was to come. Seconds later, he heard the sharp inhaling of the man lying across the bed.The sound of the Lord’s stable breathing perked Myungsoo’s ears and softly he could hear murmuring. The lights in the room flickered but Myungsoo remained as still as a statue. Slowly the murmuring turned into mumbling then into words that he could make out.

“A Seeker, find the Seeker of the truth. Bring her. Bring the Seeker of the light. The North must recover. The North will recover, the North must stand. Free the East. The Seeker must free the East. The East must stand against the South. The South is coming. The South will bring the West. If Southwest comes, North, East, and West will plunge,”

The lights went out completely in the room once the last word was voiced. Myungsoo flattened his eyes a little, then instantly the candles were lit on their own and the Lord’s breath came to a still. With the words fresh in his mind, Myungsoo quickly processed it before taking one last glance toward the furniture. After a short exchange Myungsoo left the room without uttering a word.

Outside Myungsoo hand the servant a glass tube, “This should slow down the Master’s time for now, I shall return in a few days time,”

The older took the glass and nodded, “Please stay safe, I hope you will return with him,”

Myungsoo nodded with a brief smile. “I promise I will bring him for Master’s sake,”    

Myungsoo reunited with his partner near the front door to the outside. He noticed the blonde was standing near and looking out an open window. Once his partner noticed him, the pretty one look to him to speak first. Myungsoo stood a few feet away from the blonde before saying, “It seems Master Xia has sensed the danger that will be approaching soon so he has asked me to search for the new Keeper,”

“Does this keeper have a name?” the blond asked.

Myungsoo hummed softly before answering, “It’s Seo Jisoo,”



A/N: So how's the first chapter...? I hope you like it :D Will update chapter two soon~.