Childhood Friends

Love & Girls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

We were always together.

They say that best friends share a special bond. They know things about each other that nobody else knows. They can feel each other's pain and emotions as if they're twins. Sometimes, best friends could read each other's mind. Is it ESP? I don't know, but maybe. One thing for sure, they have different but somewhat similar lives.

For me, my best friend was Seohyun, and I loved her very much. There was nothing in this world that can change my feelings for her. She was like a part of me that I could never let go. She was the most important person to me.

 

I sat down on a patch of green grass. I ran my fingers through my long silky hair as I breathed in the sweet aroma of the flowers around me. I looked up to see the clear blue skies. It was definitely a fine day to relax, and the park was the best place to do it.

I turned my head at the playground to watch the children play by the swings. They were having so much fun. They reminded me of the days when Seohyun and I used to play on the swings. I would always be the one to push Seohyun, and she would always tell me to push harder. After that, she would usually jump off the swing and land safely on the ground. She was always daring but gentle and innocent at the same time, which can be frightening for me sometimes because she was like a glass.

I laughed at the thought of it.

"What are you laughing about?" a familiar voice broke into my thoughts.              

As I turned to my side, I found Seohyun sitting right next to me! I didn't even notice how she got there.

"Hyunnie, oh... Hi!" I greeted, trying to regain poise.

Seohyun raised an eyebrow at me. "You didn't answer my question yet."

"Oh... well... I just remembered something funny," I told her, hoping she would buy it. I couldn't possibly tell her about the flashback I just had. She would certainly comment about that.

"I see," she replied. "So what brings you to the park?"

"I came here to relax."

"Huh?" she muttered. "That's pretty plain and boring." She sounded sarcastic.

I knew she would say that. Seohyun was not the type of girl who would waste her time relaxing on a fine day. She would normally hang out with her precious books, watch a keroro show, or do some exercise for she was a health freak. She was not like other girls.

I smiled at her.

"It's not boring for me," I said.

"Okay, but I'm not going to hang around here. I'm going over to the library."

She stood up, and I grabbed her wrist.

"Wait a sec..." I told her in a low voice.

"What is it? Don't tell me you wanna come with me?" she questioned, feeling excited, as she leaned down.

"Hmm…the library seems boring but yeah, I’d rather be with you than sit here alone," I answered her truthfully.

The moment we arrived at the public library, she started going over from shelves to shelves while I just sat silently and wait for her at our table in the reading corner. I just stared at her the whole time she was busy reading, smiling to myself. Whenever she caught me staring, I will immediately look down to the book I’m holding and pretend reading it. We spent an hour at the public library before I decided to invite her to an arcade.

When we arrived at the arcade, we started playing some shooting games. Well, I was good at aiming, so I easily won over her. She was disappointed wasn't just going to let her lost slide through. She challenged me to a fighting game where she beat me fair and square. Well, we played a lot of different games until we got tired. In the end, we had a blast!

After the arcade, we went to the beach to gaze at the calm blue sea. The breeze was cool and refreshing. I loved it. Seohyun and I used to play here every Sunday morning. We would usually make sand castles and then destroy them once we were finished. Another fun thing we do all the time was playing beach volleyball. I often lose to her, but that's okay.

Seohyun was always the bringer of fun in my life. She was always there by my side whenever I was sad. She was a friend that I could count on at all times. She was a true and a loving friend. It's hard to find a friend like that nowadays, so I felt so lucky to have a friend like her.

But I didn't want her as a friend anymore...

I want her to be more than that...

I turned to look at her only to see her taking off her shoes and socks.

"Hyunnie, what are you doing?" I asked curiously.

She didn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter