Midnight Heroine

Love & Girls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sometimes, everything is not what it seems it to be.

 

Nicole was a lovely nurse in the small town near Seoul. Unfortunately, being a single working lady has forced her to take extra late shifts at the hospital. She very much enjoys working at the hospital, not only because of her nice co-workers, but mainly the thought of helping people.

Recently, her co-workers have been pestering her about finding a mate. Nice men or women that can help her make it through life with a shoulder to lean on. Every time they would question Nicole about her love life, she would simply laugh and say that no man or either a woman has caught her eye.

Until one day, a gorgeous and charismatic, young woman, a bit older than Nicole's age suddenly moves into town. With her silky blonde hair and her striking attractive eyes, it's hard for any woman and man not to notice her. She works at the local gas station, pumping gas for the customers.

The few times that Nicole has gone after her earlier shifts, she's had the pleasure of talking to her. And after every conversation, Nicole comes to the conclusion that she's a very nice, respectable young woman.

Sometimes, while Nicole's working through the day, she finds herself thinking about her, bringing a small smile to her face. She often hears the younger nurses speaking highly of her, saying they consider her as wonderful girlfriend material. The older nurses, however, have growing suspicions about her sudden arrival in town, concluded that she's running from a bad past she has elsewhere. Since she always spoke pleasantly on the nights she stopped for gas, Nicole had automatically discounted the few disturbing rumors that accompanied her sudden appearance in the area.

Whenever Nicole would stop there for gas, she would make sure to have a small conversation with the attractive young woman, staying a little longer than usual. She eventually learned that her name is Kim Hyoyeon, and they grew to be good friends over time.

Until one night, Nicole and Hyoyeon's relationship took a drastic turn.

Nicole had agreed to take a late shift at the hospital due to a lack of nurses. After her shift was done, she hurried across the hospital parking lot towards her car. After getting in her car, she waved to her co-workers who were also leaving, and started the engine. Pulling out of her parking space, she honked to the security guard, indicating she was taking her leave. Luckily, the late hour meant light traffic and a peaceful ride home.

Suddenly, in the darkness of her car, she noticed the gas gauge indicating her tank was empty. Despite the situation and the fact that she was tired, Nicole had a small smile tug at her lips knowing very well who would be working at the gas station tonight.

Nicole drove slowly to the gas station, trying to save as much of the little gas in her tank in hopes of her car not suddenly stopping on her in the middle of the night.

As she finally approached the bright lights radiating off the open gas station, Nicole took a quick glance at her wrist watch reading 11:55pm. She sighed, it was very late and as much as she enjoyed seeing Hyoyeon, she wanted to make this quic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter