Coffee Shop Girl (2)

Love & Girls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So, there she was again. Same time. Same seat. Different night.

Taeyeon took a sip from her hot cup of coffee. Though it tasted heavenly, her mind, that night, was not on savoring her favorite drink. She looked at her from the corner of her eyes. As usual, Tiffany was standing behind the counter, wearing that jaded expression she always wore, definitely ignoring her presence.

Ignoring her.

She took another sip, her hands clenching on the sides of the cup. No, she decided, she wouldn't acknowledge that her plan was backfiring.

For someone as reasoned as herself, that had been an immature thing to start. Then again, the girl had seemed to find a way to bring the worst out of her.

And true enough, she had sadistically enjoyed the glares that her midnight drinks had cost her. Yet now, three months later, she had perfectly adapted to her late visits. No more frowns, no more glares, just a fake unawareness of her existence. And she was annoyed to be so annoyed about that.

This shouldn’t be like this!

Her late night coffees were starting to take a toll on her sleep. No longer finding satisfaction in her irritation, she was even starting to consider about giving up. Indeed, it would probably be wiser for her to stop. She could just make Sunny fetch her daily cup of coffee, just like she used to.

But that would mean giving up to her. And she just couldn't do that.

It was not a question of pride. Okay, maybe it was a question of pride.

She had actually become the bane of her existence. As a result, a need had grown into her to become the bane of her existence. It was stupid, she knew that. But she had come to the conclusion that she disliked her that much because she disliked her for no apparent reason.

She hadn't done anything to her, for God's sake!

Pathetically enough, she had always felt the need to be liked by everyone. Growing up without her mother, she had always tried her best to please her demanding father. At school, she had been the teachers' favorite and because of her good looks, always one of the popular kids. At work, she had been the most liked co-worker. When her girlfriend had left, they had parted as friends. And here in that small town, she had become the well liked outsider. She had been accepted by everyone else but her. And she hated her for giving her that feeling…

Rejection. Definitely not a feeling she appreciated.

Taking another sip, she noted that the liquid had already gone cold. Glancing at her watch, she realized that it was already late, later than what she had thought. She fel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter