chapter one

My Brother's Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol's POV

"Is that the last box?" I ask before collapsing onto the bed. "Ya, that was. Thanks for helping me Yeol." She smiles at me before laying down beside me.

"No problem. You know I'll do anything for you sis. Just name it. I'm just so happy you're back home."

I sit up so I'm resting on my elbows. Sora looks at me with a grin plastered on her face. She really does look happy, and I was happy for her. It hasn't been the same since our parents spit. We were only 12. And yes, Sora's my twin sister.

Anyways, when our parents got their divorce they started fighting over who would keep us. It was a disaster. Mum wouldn't let Dad keep us and it was the same for him.

I remember how they'd fight at night keeping Sora and I awake. She would start to cry but I'd always be there for her. I knew we had to stick together. But it wasn't long after that we found out that Mum got custody of me and Dad got Sora. We didn't know what to do. She was my sister, my best friend, my other half and Dad was taking her away for good. That was the first time I ever cried when I watched him take her away to America.

"Chanyeol?" Sora's voice breaks my train of thought. I shake my head and give her a weak smile. "Sorry, just thinking about things."

I let out a sigh. It's been 5 years since Sora's been back. She is now 17 and she still looked the same to me. Her hair was that same soft long black hair that she inherited from Mum. Her eyes were like mine, dark and large. The only thing that looked different was her skin that used to golden when she lived here was now pale from the cold weather in New York.

She reaches over and pulls me into her arms. "I know this must be hard Yeol, but I'm here now just like you were there for me."

Taking a deep breath, I will myself to rest my head on her shoulder. She was right, it is hard seeing Sora after all those years without her. I didn't think I'd make it this far but I did. I missed her like crazy.

"I really missed you Sora. I'm never letting anyone take you away from me ever again." I peck her cheek and she giggles. "Thanks Chanyeol." She gives me one last hug before jumping off her bed and starts unpacking things.

"So," I start. "Ready for school tomorrow?" I ask. Sora groans and turns back to me. "What if people don't like me?" She questions.

I get up and start unpacking a box. "Everyone will love you. You're my twin remember, were exactly the same." I joke. Sora rolls her eye but still had a smile on her face.

"I mean if I'll make any friends that are girls. I've always been friends with guys." I watch as she pulls a stack of books from a box and lines them neatly in her book shelf.

"Well maybe it's better that way, girls can be total snobs sometimes." I tell her trying to be as serious as possible. 

"Hey! I'm a girl." She laughs.

I chuckle whilst wrapping arms around her. "Ya but you're the girl version of me. It doesn't count."

We continued to joke around for the rest of the day as we finished unpacking Sora's stuff. I got to tell her about everything that has been going on here in Seoul and at school while she was away.

"Damn, I missed so much." She speaks softly. We both were back on her bed after we had cleaned up. I look into her eyes sympathetically. It was like gazing into my eyes.

"You did, but it was only 5 years Sora. We can still do so many things together. It's not that bad." I explain.

I look at the time on my watch and saw that it was 12:56am.

"It's getting late, and you should better get some rest before schoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter