I heard a rumour

Monster Radio

 

 

Taking Donghae home was easily said but it was almost impossible to accomplish. I realised that the moment I found his phone turned off. I didn´t have the number for his manager and I had no idea whom to call. I wished I could just call a taxi and simply send the man home but Donghae was in state in which he couldn´t even tell me his address. Great.

“What do I do with you, idiot?” I asked him straight. Will he notice if I slap him? Or if I stab him with a knife so I have my peace?

“Huhuhuhuhuhu!” Drop-Face laughed into my face.

“Shut up,” I snarled at him. “Alright,” I sighed and rubbed my eyes. There was nothing else I could do but to take Donghae home. He was still a celebrity so taking him to a police station or a random hotel could be a problem. And I was also done for today, wanting nothing else but to have my dreaded sleep.

I called a taxi and our security guards helped me load Donghae into the car. Lee Sangmin witnessed this and promised me a thick Christmas bonus out of guilt. I thought my job was done for today but it was apparently just the beginning. The door of the taxi slammed closed and we drove to my place. There I begged the driver to keep this happening for himself and gave him a big tip. I decided to make Donghae pay for everything later anyway.

With lots of effort I brought him up into my place and left him on the sofa. The only things I did were to take off his shoes and cover him with a spare blanket. I went to wash up after that, taking off the sweaty smell of the night. And drunk Donghae. I was about to dive into the bed when I heard him cough in the living room.

“Huhu hahahaha!” Drop-Face almost dropped himself on the floor when he saw me place a bucket under the sofa. I hope Donghae will notice the object if it comes to the worst.

I didn´t believe I would be able to fall asleep easily, Drop-Face was still giggling, but I must have been dead tired because I out as soon as I fell on the bed. And I didn´t wake up until I heard a noise coming from the kitchen. At first I got startled, then I accused my monster and only then I realised that I had a guest. Guest that probably had a very bad hangover.

At first I hoped that if I don´t come out of my room, Donghae might leave by himself. But it didn´t seem like it since he was still knocking things over in the kitchen. Annoyed, I stood up and shuffled to the living room. From there I could see a very haggard looking celebrity, leaning against my kitchen table and drinking water. His face was pale and lips unnaturally red, which was a bad omen.

“Is the bucket full?” I asked first thing. Donghae was startled, he possibly didn´t even know at whose house he was crashing. Then he looked me up and processed the question.

“No,” he croaked, “I managed to the toilet.” I nodded my head and thanked my foresight to leave the door to the bathroom wide open.

“Coffee?” I asked a little calmer. I didn´t feel irritated anymore when it was obvious who in the room was in better shape. Celebrity or not, Donghae was damned.

“Please,” he squeaked. “Could I take a shower at your place? I think I can´t stand being with my stinky self anymore.”

“Sure, I can´t stand you either,” I chuckled and he sighed. “There are some folded clean clothes in the basket, take anything you need,” I called after him and he only hummed.

I should have told him to call his manager first, though. Donghae´s phone was lying on the kitchen table; it was still turned off and I guessed the battery was out. I put it on the charger to wake it up a little before Donghae comes. As much as I was enjoying my superiority over Donghae´s worst moments of his life, I really hoped he would be out of my house as soon as possible. There were some things about the man that were a little intriguing. Not only the absence of the monster but also that strange vibe he was giving off. I didn´t like that fate kept bringing into my way a person that I wished to avoid the most.

“Thanks,” Donghae came out of the shower in much better shape. It was once again obvious that he was an actor. His wet hair handsomely brushed backwards, my clothes a little tight over his chest, even the right colour returned to his face. I cleared my throat and tried to not look too inferior with my loose clothes and bad case of bed hair.

I put a cup of coffee on the table next to his charging phone, Donghae sat down on a chair. He didn´t talk, only grabbed his phone and woke the device up. I felt awkward standing in the kitchen of my own place. As if I was at Donghae´s house. I scratched my neck nervously, the other man in the room comfortably drinking his morning coffee. I didn´t like Donghae, I couldn´t talk to him any other way than joking around or bickering. I hated this intimate atmosphere, I shouldn´t have brought him home.

“My manager will be here in thirty minutes,” Donghae chuckled after a while of typing, “I´m gonna get scolded, he was looking for me the whole night.” I should have left Donghae in front of the bar, he would get eventually found.

“That´s good,” I only muttered and slipped into my room to change clothes. I felt stupid wearing only pyjamas in front of him, I didn´t want him to feel homey.

When I arrived to the kitchen again, Donghae was still sitting by the table and typing on his phone. His cup was empty but everything else was the way I left it. Even Drop-Face was on the same place and snickering. I spoke to Donghae a little, about the party and his schedule. After a few minutes the phone rang, it was Donghae´s manager. I have to say that I like that man more than I like Donghae himself. I said goodbye and Donghae looked at me with a big smile. I didn´t know what it meant so I just closed the door.

“Yesterday I met Lee Donghae,” I said smirking.

“Ah, really? So you two meet up nowadays?” Jessi, my radio guest, laughed. The radio was full with this extraordinary guest and I had fun. It was good since I started my morning in a bad note.

“Not really, I was just unlucky,” I was in mood to start another media war with the annoying man, “I met him at a club last night, I was there for a job and Donghae had a meeting with the drama staff. I must be really popular, Donghae came for a sign to me,” I joked in the end.

“He must like you,” Jessi chuckled but she gave me a stare and when I gestured her to say more, she shook her head and with her long nails shooed it off. I had to ask her during the break.

“Sure,” I laughed and played it off. “Let´s listen to Lucky J´s ´No love´.”

The music began playing and the room filled with PDs and other staff. Everyone was going here and there. I took a sip from my juice and put down the headphones. Jessi had a talk with her manager and then turned to me, already expecting my question with a Cheshire cat´s smile.

“What was that?” I laughed.

“I just thought that you were his type,” Jessi joked but I didn´t understand what this all was about.

“I don´t get the joke,” I told her honestly, still not thinking too much about the whole situation. I even glanced at the red clock to see when the next part of programme starts.

“Maybe it´s because you aren´t really a celebrity that you don´t know,” she said playing with her hair, her husky voice sinking into falsetto.

“I don´t know what?” I leaned into my seat shaking my head, did I miss something big or what?

“There is this rumour going around singers,” she laughed at some kind of an inside joke, wondering if she should tell me. Her round earrings jingled as she leaned forward to speak. “They say Lee Donghae is a gay.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Asa! So, how was the chapter? Are the rumours true and what will Hyukjae do from now on? :P If you have time, check also my one shot on BTS song lyrics. Thank you and take care, everyone! - PandaHero