From head to toe a hot issue

Monster Radio

 

 

“People do say I´m strange, that´s what you meant, right?” I snorted, holding my drink.

The bar was now half empty but the group in the middle of the room was making enough noise to give us the privacy from anyone that would want to listen to our conversation. But at this point even I wanted to shut down my ears. Even monsters seemed livelier tonight. They were running around the noisy group, Drop-Face clapping his hands. Today also I couldn´t see Donghae´s monster. Is it possible for him to not have one?

“No, of course not,” Donghae threw away my last hope that he was only joking around with me. “I honestly think that you are a charming man, I was serious.”

“About what? That you want to be friends?” I chuckled awkwardly and downed my glass.

“I know, Hyukjae,” Donghae looked at me with a stare that almost made me shiver. “I know you heard the rumours.”

“What rumours?” I pretended to not know and filled my glass with soju. Drop-Face noticed my nervousness and with his face on his shoulder he grinned.

“They are true, Hyukjae,” Donghae said, ignoring my futile attempt to play off the conversation. “So, what do you think? Would you want to go on a date with a well-known celebrity?” He smiled at me and even slightly blushed. That was a bit too much for me, I paled.

“Lalalalalala!” Drop-Face was singing, I unknowingly ended up watching the monster. “Lalalala!” The mouth on his shoulder was happily singing. He knew the best how to put pressure on me. Drop-Face was too loud, I couldn´t hear my own thoughts, I couldn´t think of a suitable way to turn Donghae down. Damnit!

“Not with you,” I ended up saying. My monster stopped singing and cracked a mocking smile, only then I turned to look at Donghae.

“Cold shower, I should have expected that from you,” Donghae chuckled wryly. He shook his head and grabbed his glass. He was hurt.

“I didn´t mean to sound like that, it was,” I glanced at Drop-Face who dared me to say it. He always loved when I spoke about him because then I would usually look like an idiot or a sick person. “It was the alcohol,” I finished, my eyes landing on Donghae again.

“People speak their mind when they are drunk, Hyukjae,” Donghae was obviously angry.

“Lalalalala! Lalalalala!”

“Is that so?” I also slipped into the defensive mode. “Then I should give you a piece of my mind when I have the chance.”

“Amuse me,” Donghae snorted and finished his drink.

"Lalalalaaaaaaa!"

“Even if you didn´t have a , I wouldn´t go out with you because you´re a jerk, Donghae,” I spat. There were times when I felt nice in Donghae´s presence but there were also times when I felt uncomfortable and annoyed. He had a knack for pissing me off and it proved to be fatal.

“Lalalalala!”

“ you, Hyukjae,” Donghae told me in a deep voice and stood up. He grabbed his jacket and went to the cash desk. Donghae paid the bill and put on his coat. He looked at me right before opening the door, his stare was full of hate. And I wish I could tell you what I thought about this whole disaster but I can´t. Drop-Face was still singing and my head was ringing. I hate him.

The next morning was Monday. I didn´t have the morning show and decided to do some shopping instead. I still felt bitter about the fiasco in the bar, I thought I would buy myself something delicious, walk around the Christmas decorated mall and maybe call a friend for a cup of coffee. Once I get my thoughts straight, I will text Donghae and possibly apologise.

Or so I thought that I would have a relaxing day. I only managed to get out of the apartment. In front of the building was standing a small crowd of high-schoolers. I wondered if a celebrity showed somewhere nearby but it turned out that they were waiting for me. I couldn´t believe my eyes when I heard those girls in the neat uniform curse at me more fluently than Black-Nut. I shook my head and ignored them. They followed me to the mall but didn´t dare to come inside. I was for once glad for all those CCTVs in the shopping centre. My phone rang.

“Sungmin?” I smiled when I saw the caller.

“Where are you? Do you want to come or should I pick you up in your house?” Sungmin sounded disturbed.

“What? Why would you need to come?” I asked confused. I was walking slowly through the shopping mall, frowning.

“You haven´t heard about it yet?” My friend sounded shocked.

“Heard about what?” I asked again when suddenly my eyes fell on a display of a TV in the electronics. It was showing entertainment news and my photo from the radio website popped out. “Never mind, Sungmin, I already know.”

“Hyukjae?” Sungmin tried to say some more but I shut down the call, in order to check the news for myself.

Apparently Donghae uploaded a picture on SNS with a text that created a hot issue. It was a photo of yesterday´s outdoor radio broadcast with me and Donghae. Donghae wrote a poetic message where he said that he was too naïve to become friends with just anyone. Because many people only want to be friends with him for gain. And also that it´s hard to be a celebrity, he simply can´t trust all the people that want to be close to him. For a moment I wondered if the message wasn´t written by a teenage girl before cramps, it was nauseating. But the problem was that Donghae had many fans and the media took his side and made me a total . I should be glad that none of the high-schoolers brought a knife to greet me.

I ended up asking Sungmin to pick me up in the shopping centre parking lot. I didn´t have the courage to walk out to the crowd of pissed off girls since it could have gotten larger. I couldn´t risk meeting Chinese fans too.

In the end I spent the rest of the day at Sungmin´s place. I told Sungmin that I fought with Donghae last night but I didn´t tell him the reason. I believed that Donghae´s uality was a private thing and only people that he told himself should talk about it. Around eight PM I had a phone call with my radio show´s PD. She told me to stay put tonight and that she would find a substitute DJ. I argued with her for thirty minutes and believed that I won, until two minutes later Sungmin got a call to come to the broadcast station instead of me. On the way to the radio, he dropped me at my apartment.

“Hihihihihi,” Drop-Face giggled when he saw me slump on the sofa.

“It´s all your fault!” I pointed a finger at him but when his face began gliding up and down his torso, I quickly looked away. I have known him for so long but I was still scared of him. I was looking at my bare feet and feeling disturbed. In the end I took a photo of the feet and posted it online.

“When you can´t go to work because a celebrity said so.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello! I thought I wouldn´t update this week but I passed two out of seven exams I have this week and didn´t have the capacity to study anymore. I took a break and updated for you! I also updated a long pre-written story about Eunhae siblings! Thank you for reading and commenting and have a nice day! - PandaHero