Zzaa

Monster Radio

 

 

Although I didn´t have the morning show I woke up late. It was already afternoon when I opened my eyes. The room was dark with the curtains closed but by the sound of the rain I could guess that it was dark behind the window too. The comfortable sounds of raindrops and muted streets were almost asking me to go to sleep again. Until the natural beat was gifted a vocal that made me want to shut down this horrible song.

“Zzaa zaaaa zzazz zzaa zaaaz!”

“Shut up!” I barked. I´m not usually the one to curse at the Drop-Face monster but right now I was pretty pissed. I was hungry, that´s why.

“Zzaa zaaaz zzaaaz!”

He whispered into my ear when I opened the fridge only to find it empty. I slammed the white door and crossed my arms over my chest. The ´zaa´ sound didn´t stop, not even after I ordered a delivery. And it continued when I was washing and then when I was putting on a coat. Even in the bus he continued with that annoying sound, dropping his ugly face here and there. I ended up getting to work an hour earlier. But that wasn´t anything bad actually, since today I had a famous guest that I have never met in the studio. It was better to prepare beforehand for the show to go smoothly.

I greeted the radio crew and waited for my colleague to finish. A very pretty woman without make-up came up to greet me and I quickly about her bare face. She laughed and pushed me inside the booth. Alone, finally alone! Monsters didn´t come to the studio, I´ve seen only a few that dared and even those stayed under the table. Monsters didn´t know what to think about radio, they were clueless and usually stayed behind the glass. Commercial break was running and I went to make myself comfortable.

The studio was in light colours. Wooden furniture and green walls. Many pictures were hanging above me on the wall, pictures of the DJs. In a habit I glanced up to see if my face was still there and with a small grin I took a seat. Shifting the script on the side and checking the time, I put on the headphones. The red light was blinking, the digital clock working as a countdown for me. One more look at the monitor, I pulled the microphone closer to me.

“Good evening everyone! You are listening to the Kiss the Radio, 89, 1 cool FM! It´s very cold tonight, I´m your Eun DJ that will warm up your cold ears.”

I smiled feeling much better. As the opening melody played a few tunes, I looked out through the glass. The crew was nodding at me as well as Drop-Face, who was hanging from the ceiling. I looked a little further through another glass, the radio was viewable. Many fans were stuck to the window and eagerly waiting for my guest to come. One hour left.

“My, my, it´s already eleven! Let´s listen to LED Apple´s Time´s up, and welcome our guest quickly!”

I put down the headphones right after the song began playing. I stood up to greet the newcomer. It was my first-time meeting Lee Donghae. Sure, I knew who he was but he might have not known who I was. I smiled and gave him my hand for a handshake. He was handsome.

“Nice to meet you, you´re finally here,” I said.

“Hello,” he nodded and smiled back but it was obviously forced. I knew that kind of smile, the smile of a tired celebrity. They were all like that, the promoting artists. They had busy schedules and coming to the night radio was the last drop. Their manager would come to me and ask me to understand. Everyone thought that radio was the easiest schedule. A tall man discreetly gestured me to have a word with him.

 “Donghae just returned from filming Infinite Challenge, he´s very tired. Please, understand. You are said to be a very good DJ so I will leave Donghae him in your skilled hands,” the, obviously, manager bowed to me. I ensured him I would do my best as always. Then I went to sit back on my place calmly. Lee Donghae put on his headphones and grabbed the script.

“Good evening, you are listening to Kiss the Radio, I´m your awesome DJ Eunhyuk,” I began cheerfully and in the corner of my eye I saw Donghae curiously look at me.

“The studio is on fire!” I called and gestured for the staff to turn on the outdoor mike. “Why is it so?!” The crowd waiting outside began chanting Donghae´s name. “That´s right! The hottest man, burning your hearts to ashes, welcome please, Lee Donghae!” Turning off the outdoor mike I looked next to me and signalled my guest to start talking.

“Uh, hello,” he began awkwardly, “I´m Lee Donghae, nice to meet you.” He had a good voice, charismatic and gentle. But he obviously wasn´t the radio star type. This would be tough.

“This is your first time in Kiss the Radio,” I began while keeping the eye-contact, “how are you feeling today?”

“I´m feeling good,” he said. Yeah, he just said that and nothing more. I began counting down the minutes to the end of the broadcast, more than fifty minutes left.

“I´m glad to hear that, it was very cold the whole day. Listener 4332 wrote: ´Donghae oppa, take care of your health´. Your fans are worried about you,” I threw another bait for a small talk, even going as far as imitating the fan.

“Thank you for being worried,” he answered. His voice was gentle and charismatic, he was putting in a little smile too but he was seriously ´no jam´, boring. I understand that idols are tired but it´s not like I want to do a one-man show all the time.

“Listener number 9493 is interested in your new album, could you introduce your work a little?” That was finally something he had an answer for. Or at least I hoped he remembered what he had to say.

“Yes, my new album is called ´Raining´. The name of the title song is ´Growing pains´ and it´s a song about breaking up. I hope you can all listen to the song when it rains outside.” Sweet.

From then on everything went much better. I asked him about the lyrics and music, if he composed it himself. I asked about his latest drama too. Then it was another commercial break and I hoped we could have a small personal chat. Truth to be told, I hoped I could get out some topics from him to talk about later. But Donghae had a phone-call and rely a few seconds before the second half. Then it was a game for the listeners. It was mostly me talking but somehow we managed to finish the broadcast smoothly.

“Unfortunately we have only a few minutes left, how was the broadcast today, Donghae?” I asked him with a smile.

“Good, I had fun and I´m happy I was able to talk to my fans,” he answered the usual. I was about to finish the rest by talking nonsense when I remembered the promise from yesterday, to ask him something crazy.

“Actually,” I chuckled, I have completely forgotten about it, I had to improvise, “yesterday I met a fan of yours and she wanted me to ask you something unexpected.”

“Sure,” Donghae nodded. Secretly glancing at the red digital clock.

“How is it possible with such a y voice to be so boring?” As expected there was no answer, I chuckled again. “Today we had Lee Donghae as our guest, this was Eunhyuk DJ and Kiss the Radio. Let´s share a sweet kiss! Chu!” And commercials!

I put down the headphones and couldn´t stop laughing. The staff was half smiling and half holding their breath. Donghae was frowning, looking at me incredulously. How dare I? Come on, it was a small thing and it would be me who would get all the hate anyway. I watched in amusement the big star walk out of the booth. I rushed to the doorway quickly. I was curious this time, which monster sitting in the staff room he would take with him.

“What´s this?” None? But everyone has one…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello! I was worried about this update. I managed to lose the file and had to write it all over again but I think it´snot bad! :3 Sukira was something special and I hope we can hear it sometime again. By the way, I had something to ask, or maybe it´s a small help I need. Please, tell me if you can help, thanks! And also thank you for reading and commenting! PandaHero