Hey, morning!

Monster Radio

 

 

“Are you still in touch with Lee Donghae?” Sungmin asked.

I had the morning show with him again and it was nice. Sungmin was one of the people that I was very comfortable with. I had many acquaintances and friends, even with all the monsters, I always liked to spend time with people. If not, I would have chosen different jobs than in the radio and the nightclub. Yet Sungmin was on the level of almost being my family. But strangely, I was meeting Lee Donghae much more often nowadays than anyone else.

“Sure,” I chuckled, sensing Sungmin´s mocking tone. “And before you ask, no, we´re not planning another SNS war.”

“I´m sorry,” Sungmin grinned, “You are always busy nowadays when I call you.”

“Ah, so it´s come to this,” I used an acting tone, scrunching my face, “I don´t know how to tell you this my beloved Sungminnie but you should stop calling me. I found a new love.”

“Hahahaha!” Sungmin seemed to almost fall off his chair. “I see, so you aren´t picking my calls because you are meeting someone else. I see.” He sighed dramatically, holding back his laugh.

“It´s a joke of course,” I slipped back into the radio DJ mode, “Let´s have breakfast together after the show, shall we?”

“If you don´t have a date,” Sungmin snorted.

“Alright, I will play especially for Sungmin Jung Joon young´s ´A sense of an ending´ and after commercials come news!”

Click and then the red light stopped shining. The old digital clock was showing six minutes to seven AM. I put down the headphones and rubbed my hair, it was sticky from sweat as I came right from the club and I glanced into the monitor if I looked too bad. Luckily the morning show wasn´t a viewable radio.

“You seem to be in good mood today,” Sungmin said and I leaned into my seat to look at him, “actually, not just today. Is something going on?”

“Nope, not really,” I shrugged and then Donghae´s face suddenly flashed in my mind, “or maybe, I don´t know.”

“What´s that supposed to mean?” Sungmin laughed and slapped my thigh, “But from what I see, something´s definitely going on.”

“If you say so,” I shrugged again. “Where do you want to go for the breakfast? I had only a sweet bread.” I changed the topic and hoped Sungmin would find it natural enough.

“Let´s have some hot noodles since it´s freezing outside,” he said and discretely pointed to the clock and the light that was about to turn red again. But right before he put on the headphones, he threw the punchline. “And you can tell me about that good thing of yours.” .

The morning show ended at eight AM on point. We exchanged the baton with another DJ and came out of the cabin. There we picked up our personal monsters and headed out of the station. Sungmin´s monster was one of the least frightening ones I knew. It was small and not very courageous. I saw Drop-Face many times trying to make the little one more active but it was a passive monster. I was glad for Sungmin that he didn´t need to live with such a bastard as was Drop-Face, who was just gathering some snow for a reason I didn´t want to try to guess. It was really cold today, my phone rang when I hoped I wouldn´t need to pull out my hand from the warm pocket.

“The show´s over, right? I have an event in Seoul at eleven so we could eat together and then we could drop you off at home.” Lee Donghae, is he a stalker or does he really listen to all my shows?

“I´m on my way to the noodle place on the corner, you can come there with the manager,” I was sure the tired handsome man was with Donghae.

“Oh, okay,” Donghae grinned, as I recognized from the tone of his voice, and ended the call.

“Who was it?” Sungmin asked when we were just crossing the road.

“The thing,” I sighed. Sungmin blinked as if asking what thing I meant. “The good thing.” And then his eyes widened and I smiled a little. It´s nothing, it´s just a good thing, I thought for myself.

It was a really good choice to go to the noodle restaurant, it began snowing on the way there and the wind started blowing harder too. The place was close and we quickly dove in and shook off the snow that managed to pill on our hair and shoulders through the short walk. We took the place a little further in the corner since a celebrity would be sitting with us. Sungmin didn´t ask me about it until he saw Lee Donghae walking toward us with his manager. I only shrugged.

“Hey, morning,” Donghae greeted me with a smile and then spotted Sungmin.

“Sungmin, my friend,” I introduced curtly because a bowl of soup just made it on the table in front of me, thus the three men had to finish the introduction by themselves.

“I was listening to your morning show,” Donghae said politely to Sungmin and then he sat down next to me.

“We talked about you,” Sungmin chuckled and Donghae blushed beet red. Well, I was worried this could happen. We were only joking around.

The snowing got worse. When I turned to look out of the window, I couldn´t see anything but whiteness. It was blinding to the point that I began worrying how to get those few blocks home. Donghae was still awkwardly trying to come out with a comeback to Sungmin´s remark, Donghae´s manager was also looking out of the window. And then we heard it a loud screeching sound followed by a crash.

“I will go and check it out,” the manager told his celebrity, “try to finish quickly, we should leave when we still can in this weather.”

Then the man disappeared. Yet he was back in less than ten minutes. The sound was apparently a car crash that happened in front of the restaurant. Nobody was injured but due to the heavy snow and damage caused by the accident, the whole side road was closed. The company van stayed trapped there and it didn´t seem like it would be possible to leave soon. In the end, it was decided that I and Sungmin would take Donghae back to the station and the manager would leave to solve the situation. He felt uncomfortable sending little Donghae in a taxi when roads began filling with accidents from the unexpected snowstorm.

Sungmin had a work to do, he worked for the broadcast station since he retired as an anouncer, and had more things to do than just the radio show with me in the morning. For me my job was over, I was up on my legs since yesterday. But I promised the manager that I would look after Donghae in the time the man is away. I always believed that the manager was a praiseworthy man, I wouldn´t have the patience with Donghae.

“So, what now?” Donghae asked confused when we were shaking off the snow in the huge lobby.

“I will take you to the staff room,” I announced and waved at the guard. He gave me a sympathetic look, guessing right that I didn´t manage to get back home.

I brought Donghae to the office and made there an instant coffee for the both of us. I gave Donghae his cup and led him to an empty waiting room. I checked the list and nobody should arrive at least until eleven o´clock, with the storm the guests could have cancelled the participation too. I put my cup on the table and Donghae made himself comfortable on the sofa.

“I will take a quick shower, okay? I honestly can´t stand myself anymore,” I called from my position crouched over my bag. I fished for a spare shirt that I should have actually put on after the work in the club but felt too lazy and cold to do so. At least now it was clean and I could wear it.

“Shower?” Donghae asked embarrassed.

“Yeah, there´s one in the bathroom, many waiting rooms have it, right?” I pointed out, Donghae was a singer so he should be familiar with that. “I will be back in a second.”

“Take your time,” Donghae mumbled and then I got it. If the person I was crushing on was stark in the room next to me and I knew it, I would also feel embarrassed. I couldn´t help but want to a little.

“It´s just annoying I don´t have any spare underwear.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello, everyone! Super good news! I´m going to update twice a week from now on until the very end. Also you will soon see my new project that you will surely love since it´s acording to one of your wishes! Things are heating up between eunhae! I was wondering if I should write a bed scene for this story but I don´t think it would fit the storyline. But! I prepared a small sofa scene but that´s still chapters away :P Thank you so much for reading And especially for your comments, I love every single theory you came up with because they were all original! Amazing ELF. Have a nice day! - PandaHero