Back from Army - P2

Seungri you are the best! (Discontinued)

 

The reason for this chap is because I always wonder what is it like after serving the 2 years mandatory service.

2 years out of entertainment industry... 

In 2 years... there would have a lot of changes...


It was a cozy ride and awkwardly quiet. We were never like this. Whenever we were together there will be never ending topics to chat about but this time is different. We haven't spoken to each other for two years. 

"Ji Yong-Hyung" I decided to start the conversation first. 

"hmm?" He answered and look at me through the rearview mirror. 

"How have you been doing?" I asked. 

"I'm good. Still alive and kicking." He said with a big smile. I just nodded.

"Well, you seem to be very close with that guy... Young Min?" 

"Oh no, Hyung, don't misunderstand. He is my best friend and partner. We've been through a lot." I reminisced the days of training with Young Min. It was tough but I am glad to know Young Min.

We chatted a bit and something caught my attention. A jewelry store. I asked Ji Yong-Hyung to stop.

"Hyung, could I borrow your black card?" He gave me a questioning look before pulling out his wallet and handed me his black card.

"What do you want to buy?" 

"A wedding ring." I smiled and walk into the store. 

The staffs bowed and welcome me and asked what kind of jewelry I am looking for. I told them my request and one of the female staff show me the section to look at. I followed her and felt someone slung his arm over my shoulder. I turned to my side and a handsome man is standing beside me with a big grin. 

"awwww, are you going to propose to her?" I smiled at the question. 

Flashback

"Linzy, let's get married after my mandatory service!" "Sure! I will wait for you!! I will miss you every day!" We exchanged promises the day before I was enlisted at the beach. I proposed to her that day with a ring that I always wore as it was an impromptu decision and I did not prepare for any flower or ring. I was afraid to lose her, therefore, I decided to propose to her first and promised to buy her a proper wedding ring when I come back. 

"yah LEE SEUNG HYUN!" I jumped at the sudden loud voice. 

"Ah-Hyung, I'm not deaf." I rubbed my ear and pout.

"She has been asking you if you have found your ring but you just keep staring up the ceiling and smiling to yourself." 

"Oh, I'm sorry. May I have this? Thanks." I picked a 3 carat diamond ring and paid with Ji Yong-Hyung black card.

"Hyung, could you drive me to Linzy's place?" I told him the address. I can already imagine myself kneeling in front of her asking for her hand. The journey was pretty short as it is only a couple of streets down the road.  

"All the best!" Ji Yong-Hyung hugged me and drove off as he doesn't want to be the lightbulb.

I walked up the stairs and stopped in front of my soon-to-be wife doorstep. I close my eyes and took a deep breathe in before reaching for the doorbell. 

"Yes? who are you looking for?" A middle-aged caucasian answered the door. I thought he was a tenant of the flat.

"I'm looking for Linzy, is she home?" He looks at me from head to toe before telling me to wait while he goes and calls for her. After a while, I saw someone approaching, someone familiar yet different. A pregnant lady who looks so much like my girlfriend approaches me.

"Seungri? You are back!" She hastens her footsteps and stops in front of me. I was shocked. I just couldn't keep my eyes off her belly. 

"I... after you went to serve the country. I met John in a pub and..." 

"I don't need to know further. You said you will wait for me! You said you love me! Is that all a lie!? Is that just a joke to you? Do you know I have been thinking about you every day for two years and I have been anticipating this day to put on the ring on you... and yet this is..."

"Hey, what's going on?" the guy who snatched my girlfriend away came to check. Linzy told him that we were just chatting and that he should give us some private moment.

"I wish you all the best. Take it that I have never visited you. Thanks for the past 3 years for your love." I said and ran down the stairs. I could hear Linzy shouting for me but I just ignored as I don't want her to see me cry. 

It was late in the evening. the sky has turned dark. I was walking down the road with a gloomy mood and tears just keep flowing down uncontrollably. The more I think about the past, the harder I cry. I felt that I have nobody now. I don't even want to go home. I walk to the public phone booth and start dialing Young Min's number but hang up after the first tone. I didn't want to bother Young Min. He must be out with his family now. I start crying all over again and suddenly a person's name came up my mind. I dial the number and he picked up after a few tone.

"Hello" 

"Hyung..." I cried. 

"Ri? Is that you? What happened? Are you crying? Where are you?" Ji Yong-Hyung asked. 

"Hyung... I need you...now..." I told him to meet at a nearby pub. I could hear him starting the engine and he said he will reach soon. 

I was drinking like I have never drunk water for years. I just feel alive when I drink more and more. When I was about to gulp another cup of liquor, a hand snatched my alcohol. I turned and saw a man with two heads and bodies. I laughed out and asked, "who are you". 

"It's me, Ji Yong." The name ring the bell. I got up and hug him and start crying again.  

"Hyung..." He was shocked but he just let me cry on him. I must have fallen asleep then because the next morning I woke up in a room with only my boxer. I tried to get up but my splitting headache prevented me from doing so. 

*knock knock* ri, you have woken up? I made ginger soup for you. It's good for the hangover." I recalled what happened yesterday. The sad reality hit me. I could feel my eyes watery and without me knowing I start to cry. Ji Yong quickly places the tray on the table and hug me. 

"what happened, Ri? Tell me. Tell Hyung. Please." I could hear his trembling voice. He was dead worry and whenever I cry, he would feel like crying too. I tried to control my emotion and start talking. 

"She... She left me... she.."

"shhh... ok ok... I understand. Hyung understands..." this is one of the many reasons why I love Ji Yong-Hyung the most. Just a simple gesture, he would know what I wanna say.          

I got out of the shower and went downstairs for brunch. My eyes are red and puffy. Ji Yong place a plate of spaghetti in front of me and gesture me to eat. I picked up the fork and recalled the days I used to bring Linzy to a renowned Italian spaghetti restaurant and Linzy would always scold me for eating the wrong way. Unknowingly, tears flow out of my eyes. I must have sniffle so loud that Ji Yong walked over and hug me from the back whispering "it's gonna be okay" into my ears. After the brunch, Ji Yong-Hyung drives me to YG as the big boss wants to talk to me. 

He ran around the car to open the door for me and handed me his sunglasses. I gladly took it. I am aware of my current look. Red, puffy and dark circles wouldn't look good to people. I adjust my clothing before walking in with Ji Yong-Hyung. I was greeted by the staffs and trainees. I stopped on my track and looked across the lobby - there was a reading corner and that was where I met Linzy who was waiting for her friend who was a staff here. I was in my own world again and then Ji Yong-Hyung walks to my side and loop his arm over mine and pull me away. I am glad he did that or else I will be a crying mess again. 

"Great! Maknae! YG appa asked you to produce your own single!" Ji Yong-Hyung has been talking about it since we came out of YG's office. He was happier than me. I felt bad for ignoring him, though. I know he is trying to lift up the mood. We walked past our recording studio and he opens the door and gestured me in. I walk in looking around. It didn't change except for the sofa. Ji Yong-Hyung grabs a few piece of paper and passed to me telling me to scribble down any inspiration - lyrics

I rewrite and write and write. The rubbish bin is overflow with the paper I threw for the past couple hours. I closed my eyes and lean back against the chair and reminisce the days when I was with Linzy. It is as if I was in trance. I start seeing words, sentence and I could hear the rhythm in my mind so I picked up the pen and start writing down the lyrics and walked into the booth and start reciting and beatboxing into the mic. 

Because it was an unforgettable break up
The severe scars have come to me
So right, Now go to him,
Who is better than me, who is more affectionate than me

One life, one love, I gave it all to you but why
One
hi, one bye
How can it end like that?

memories of you pass by me
A better, beautiful life than those times
Those times don’t exist, you and I
Yeah, your face passes by me
A better, beautiful life than right now
To the place where it was good for us

When a year passes and that day comes
That time when you asked to see me becomes today
Tonight you go to his arms
That are better than me, that are warmer than mine

To that place, to you, to me, yeah

I can’t do this anymore, I can’t take it
You won’t know his black lies
I will steal the beautiful you
For you, I’ll throw everything away
One life, one love
One 
hi, one bye
I will steal the beautiful you
For you, I’ll throw everything away

After you left, in your place
Oh No No Yeah
A different love? That doesn’t exist

After I ended my demo recording, I could applause and I smile and ran out to hug my group members. 

"Hyung! I miss all of you so much!" I hug all of them. 

"Wow, maknae has become so handsome now. And that song was dope!" Yong Bae Hyung commented. 

"Yeah! That song was dope!" TOP young copied what Yong Bae Hyung said. 

"Er... that song was dope!" Dae Sung Hyung too. I then turned to the leader Ji Yong-Hyung and he patted my back and smiled. 

The single was released on our group album and the reaction was great! I received a congratulation text from my best friend Young Min and he even told me that he is getting married soon and invited me to his wedding. I accepted the invitation. I even perform this song specially requested by Young Min. I have learnt to move on and accept the fact that Linzy and I are the past. We still contact each other from time to time, though.

"Hello Korea! We are back as 5 members! I am G-Dragon. I am TOP. I Am Tae Yang. I am Dae sung. I AM SEUNGRI! Together, we are the BIG BANG!" 


 I think this chapter failed big time. lol 

Let me know what you think of it. If it's bad/boring, I'll delete it.

I am writing a sweet nyongtory one shot now. heehee will publish it tomorrow!

LEAVE A COMMENT ABOUT THIS Chapter! :(

PS : I omitted the lyric to Come To My