∞ 6 ∞

Paradise in a Secret

Howon blinked as he found himself wearing a pair of old sweatpants along with a thin and plain long sleeve shirt. It wasn’t the best thing he ever wore, but it was still comfy.

 

When he came out of the bathroom after changing, he spotted Eunhye sitting on the couch. He sat down beside her, a bright expression on his face as he was prepared to talk to her, but then he noticed the absentminded look she had.

 

Eunhye was deeply lost in her thoughts; ever since Howon had been sticking to her, she had noticed that the mean treatment towards her had stopped. What was it about Howon that made everyone stay away from him? Was it the fact that Howon was more annoying than a fly, and no one wanted to get involved with him?

 

“What’re you thinking so hard about?” Howon poked her arm and leaned towards her, instantly regretting it as a wave of hunger washed over him. Awkwardly clearing his throat, he stood up and rushed over to his bag, searching for the spare juice boxes he always kept.

 

“Why are there damned puddles of water everywhere in my house!?” A shrill voice shouted. “Cho Eunhye, you fu-”

 

“Mom, it’s just water. I can mop it up right now.” Jihoo sheepishly smiled as he charged out of his room and began cleaning up the mess.

 

“No, don’t do it, Eunhye has to do it!” Jina turned to give Eunhye a death glare, but she toned it down to a normal stare when she noticed Howon. “Oh, who’s this?”

 

“He’s my project partner,” Eunhye stood up and faced Jina. “He got a bit soaked, so I offered to let him dry off here before going home.”

 

“Oh.” Jina smiled elegantly. “Welcome.”

 

Howon hesitantly bowed before giving Eunhye a questioning look, but she didn’t see it as her back was facing him.

 

Jina said nothing else before returning back upstairs, and Jihoo let out a breath of relief. “Sorry about that, my mom kind of has an OCD when it comes to keeping the house clean.”

 

More like she has an OCD about making sure my life is a living hell. Eunhye bitterly thought as she sat back down on the couch. She glanced over at Howon, who was drinking apple juice again. “You don’t ever get sick of apple juice?”

 

“It’s not that bad, and this is actually organic apple juice.” Howon shrugged as he moved to stand beside the couch. “Do you want to try some?”

 

“Get me a new straw and then I’ll try,” she gave him a judging look. There was no way in hell that she would ever have an indirect kiss with him. “Don’t you have to go home before your parents start worrying about you?”

 

“Yeah.” He shoved his empty juice box back into his bag and gathered his half-dried clothes. “Thanks for not sharing your umbrella, and then giving me a spare change of clothes.”

 

“You should be thanking me, not her; those are my clothes, you know.” Jihoo frowned.

 

“Thank you,” Howon chuckled as he began putting on his shoes. “Can I take this umbrella as well?”

 

Eunhye stared at the purple umbrella before hesitantly agreeing. Maybe that old lady wanted her to keep it, and didn’t want it back.

 

Howon gratefully took his umbrella back and exited, cheerfully waving and saying farewell before stepping into the rain.

 

He walked normally for a short while, but eventually broke out into an inhuman speed while running. That wave of hunger wasn’t just a wave; it was a full on storm, and a quarter of a litre of ‘apple juice’ was definitely not going to satisfy him.

 

 


 


Howon sighed as he set the empty glass on the counter, the clear material stained dark red on the inside. “Don’t even begin with the mocking.”

 

“Who said I was going to make fun of you today?” Junhyung raised an eyebrow at him as he wiped a cup with a towel.

 

“The look on your face says everything.” Howon stood up and turned to leave.

 

“I’m just warning you now, you can’t continue living like that much longer. You’re eventually going to have to do it.”

 

“There you go again, lecturing me about how to live my life.” Howon refrained himself from throwing any insults at Junhyung. “I’m perfectly fine, alright?”

 

“You might also want to-”

 

“I’m fine.” Howon gave Junhyung a stare before leaving the café.

 

Junhyung shook his head and laughed, knowing that Howon would be flipping tables the moment he arrived home. Actually, his roommate would.

 


 

Howon opened the door to his shared house, hoping that his roommate would be asleep. It was almost twelve, anyway.

 

“Oh good lord, Hoya! Did you get into a fight?!” A man wearing nothing but shorts and a wife beater gasped as he caught sight of his friend. His barely visible eyes were wide open for once.

 

“Fight?” Howon furrowed his eyebrows and looked at the mirror put up beside the entrance, panic running through his systems as he realized what he looked like.

 

“Oh ,” Howon cursed under his breath as he closed his eyes and blindly made his way to the washroom, occasionally peeking so that he didn’t bump into furniture.

 

Hiding this is a lot harder than I expected.

 

“Howon, what happened?” His friend stood outside the washroom door, his voice heavily laced with concern. “Are you alright? Did you get hurt anywhere?”

 

“I’m fine!” Howon yelled before he rinsed his mouth thoroughly, his eyes never leaving his reflection in the mirror. He continuously washed out his mouth as he didn’t see a change; all he saw was a pair of hazel eyes tainted with bright blue.

 

“Why are you spending such a long time in there, then?” The male outside the washroom still sounded worried.

 

“I’m doing my business, jeez.” Howon said as he let out a relieved sigh; his eyes were a normal dark brown again. Taking his facial towel off the hanger, he wiped his face dry and left the washroom.

 

“Lee Howon, where were you?”

 

“Kim Sunggyu, why aren’t you asleep?”

 

Sunggyu scowled and gave up, as he knew that Howon always won all the arguments.

 



 

Hoya is not amused.

Okay I'll give you the chapterly image of hofangs.

Howon the face vs. Hoya; Woohyun's disciple in fanservice and aegyo.

Edited: 130821 [It's 12:09AM okay it's not 130820 anymore]

Author's Note: Wheeeeeeeee I wanted to put Woohyun instead of Sunggyu but I've been having a bias issue between Woohyun and Howon and I think it'd be a bad idea to do that. At least it's not what I had written before - what I had prior to editing made my eyes bleed OTL.