∞ 16 ∞

Paradise in a Secret

“Is it normal for her to still be asleep?” Junhyung leaned against the wall beside the door.

 

Howon glared at Junhyung while he tied his shoelaces. “It might be an after effect from your little talent.”

 

“Hey, don’t blame it on my majestic abilities to-”

 

“Shut your thousand-year-old trap! She took an hour to fall asleep after waking up in the middle of the night.” Howon sighed as he stood up. “I’ll just report that she’s still resting in the infirmary or something.”

 

“I guess this gives me the chance to experiment even more with my ‘talent’,” Junhyung grinned as he followed Howon out of the cabin. “How dramatic should I make the story? Poor Eunhye tumbled down a tree and so she’s resting in the infirmary, but she’s busy sleeping so the doctor shouldn’t bother her?”

 

“Oh.” Howon stopped walking, his eyebrows furrowing as he finally remembered that Eunhye had injured herself too. “I should take her to the infirmary."

 

“Shh, I’ll take her.” Junhyung pushed Howon forward and turned around, heading back towards his cabin.

 



 

“Eunhye, you troublesome girl, wake up.” Junhyung crawled onto the bed and kneed her in the side, accidentally using a bit too much force and sending her off the other side of the bed. He winced at the sound of her hitting the floor.

 

Eunhye groaned and sat up, her hair an oily mess and her clothes dirtied with dirt and sweat. She inhaled once, and choked at the stench. “Jesus Christ,” she grumbled.

 

“You definitely need Jesus right now.” Junhyung jumped off the bed and squatted down beside her. “You’ve got a few scratches here and there, but I think you can tough it out while taking a shower. There should be extra towels, but I’ll have to find some clothes for you. Do you need any help standing?”

 

Eunhye shook her head and stood up, stumbling on her first two steps before gaining balance. Junhyung quietly scoffed and began digging through his luggage to find a spare change of clothes for her.

 



 

Howon sat impatiently at the table in the cafeteria, his eyes set on the entrance. It had been half an hour since breakfast had started, and Eunhye had still not arrived. Junhyung was either being fussy, or he was having fun making him wait.

 

“Warning, hottie-won is alone today!” A girl whispered excitedly to her friend, who instantly became fully awake.

 

“Where’d the go? She wasn’t even in the cabins last night.” The friend whispered back.

 

“Who cares?” The girl’s attempt at a flirty look disgusted Howon. “Let’s get him.”

 

Howon cleared his throat uncomfortably and shifted in his seat when the empty spot beside him was taken by the first girl. From what he could remember, both the girls were from J.Tune, and the flirty one was named Kyungjoo.

 

“Howon oppa,” Kyungjoo cooed in the most annoying voice he had ever heard. He was nowhere near an ‘oppa’ to the girl – he was probably old enough to be her great great great great grandpa’s great grandpa. “I heard that we’re playing couple paintball today! Do you want to be my partner?”

 

“Uh,” Howon glanced over at Kyungjoo’s friend, who was also giving him a flirtatious look. He cringed and looked over at the doors to the cafeteria, feeling relief when he saw Eunhye entering. “I already have a partner, and she’s over there.”

 

Kyungjoo and her friend whipped around, their eyes burning with fury as they glared at Eunhye. The fire in their eyes were instantly put out when they saw Eunhye wearing over-sized clothes that obviously belonged to a boy’s.

 

“Holy .” they exclaimed together at the exact same time.

 

“You don’t think that she and Howon…” Kyungjoo’s jaw dropped.

 

“Last night…” Her friend’s eyes widened and she looked at Howon with a totally different expression. “Oh my god.”

 

“No wait, hold on! It’s not like that!” Howon stood up in a panic. “Those aren’t my clothes, don't say that-"

 

He shut up when he realized that Eunhye was wearing his own clothes.

 

It took him all his mental strength to not take a millisecond to run over to Eunhye, and it was painfully slow for him to run at a normal humanly-acceptable speed. He grabbed her hand and dragged her out of the cafeteria. “Why are you wearing my clothes?!”

 

“These are yours?!” Eunhye blinked and glanced down at the baggy sweater. “Junhyung told me he was going to find spare clothes in his luggage, and this was what was sitting on the bed when I came out of the shower.”

 

“Wait, Junhyung told you his name?”

 

"What do you mean, he told me his name?" She frowned. "Why would he tell me his name if I already know it?"

 

“But… you’ve never met him prior to this.”

 



 

werk it bby werk it

So I am having intense Howon feels after starting up this project of re-editing this and it is not going very well

k ok k okay kk okies fine you're not satisfied with a fabulous Howon and you still want a Hofangs

 

 

Edited: 131222

Author's Note: Three days till Christmas, yippee for sales! :'D Too bad merch doesn't go crazily cheap like other stuff