∞ 20 ∞

Paradise in a Secret

“Sunggyu?” Howon called out his friend’s name, wondering where the man had went – the entire house was pitch black, with the exception of the entrance where he had turned the light on.

 

“Is he the same age as us?” Eunhye quietly asked.

 

“No, he’s older.” Howon said as he ventured into the dark house, having no problems with maneuvering around the furniture. “Sunggyu, are you sleeping?”

 

Eunhye heard an incoherent sentence muffled by a closed door, and blindly walked about the house in an attempt to find the light switch. By the time she flicked on the living room lights, she realized that Howon had disappeared into one of the three doors in the hallway.

 


 

“Sunggyu, I kind of have a situation where my friend has to stay here with us.” Howon jabbed Sunggyu in the side with his foot.

 

“Yeah, yeah, whatever. He can stay in your room.”

 

“That’s the problem, Sunggyu,” Howon winced and took a few steps back. “It’s a girl.”

 

“Lee Howon, what the hell are you thinking?!” Sunggyu sat straight up and chucked his pillow at Howon. “Get her own friends to take her in! Why are you taking her in when you’re not even the same gender as her?!”

 

“It’s only for a short while, I swear.” Howon pleaded and caught the pillow with one hand.

 

“I’m not going to sleep in the same room as you, let alone the same bed.” Sunggyu said bitterly as he threw his other pillow at Howon. “I don’t think your little girlfriend will be comfortable sharing the room with another guy, either.”

 

“She said that it’s completely fine if she slept in the same room as I,” Howon caught the pillow with his other hand.

 

“Lee Howon.” Sunggyu said calmly as he got up and the lights. His eyes disappeared at the sudden brightness, but Howon could still feel the intense burn of his glaring. “If you dare to sleep in the same room as your classmate…”

 

Howon chuckled nervously and smiled as he inched towards the door. “It’ll only be for a week, max.”

 

“Lee Howon!” Sunggyu shouted angrily and jumped at him, but he was too slow for Howon. By the time he reached Howon’s spot, he had already whipped the door open and bolted out.

 

“Howon, you little , get your back here before I-” Sunggyu shut up when he saw Eunhye standing patiently in the living room. He looked around, seeing no sign of Howon and realizing that Howon had purposely made him look like a jerk in front of Eunhye.

 

“You’re Sunggyu, right?” Eunhye smiled slightly. She could see Howon’s mischievous expression as he lied flat on the floor behind the couch. “I’m Eunhye. Cho Eunhye.”

 

“Kim Sunggyu.” Sunggyu muttered and extended his hand out, his ears red with embarrassment. “Sorry about that, Howon didn’t tell me anything about having a friend staying over.”

 

Once Sunggyu’s emotions had calmed down, he noticed the bruises and Band-Aids that Eunhye sported. He discreetly studied her appearance, noticing the exhaustion and the various poorly covered injuries.

 

“Boo!” Howon jumped up, causing Sunggyu to snap back to reality from the sudden movement.

 

Sunggyu cleared his throat and gestured towards Howon’s room. “She can stay in your room, since yours is tidier.”

 

Blinking, Howon stared at Sunggyu for a while in confusion. Just seconds ago, he had been angry and about to murder Howon – now he was all nice and innocent. Having the presence of a stranger really did wonders on Kim Sunggyu’s actions.

 

“Yeah, I’ll go prepare everything.” Howon headed towards the bedrooms, but he constantly glanced back at Sunggyu while on his way.

 

“Are you hungry?” Sunggyu asked as he walked towards the kitchen. “I’ll make something for you to eat.”

 

“No, it’s alright.” Eunhye said.

 

Sunggyu cleared his throat again, ever so smoothly making a late turn towards the hallway. He went down and escaped the awkward situation by entering his room.

 

Eunhye blinked a few times before laughing quietly to herself. She sighed in exhaustion, but she moved towards the washroom to take a shower and tend to her injuries first before sleeping.

 



 

“You’re awake?” Howon’s voice rung through her ears as she opened her eyes, squinting at the sunlight bleeding through the curtains.

 

Eunhye turned her head to the right lazily, feeling too heavy to move any other part of her body. Her heart almost stopped when she saw him in the middle of devouring an unlucky young man. She struggled to get up and run away in fear, but her arms and legs were unresponsive.

 

The brightly lit room didn’t do much in making Howon look any gentler – he was a messy eater, and his mouth was smeared with dark red. Eunhye’s initial reaction was to scream when he began making his way towards her, but she didn’t know if she was even screaming. It was dead silent in the room.

 

She wished that she could have a heart attack, or maybe hyperventilate enough to the point of unconsciousness, but none of that happened. Eunhye braced herself as she saw Howon lower his head towards her neck – he came closer, closer, and closer…

 

And down came the piercing pain.

 


 

Eunhye sat up and looked to her right, seeing nothing but the faint outline of a desk. She rubbed her eyes and stood up, her other hand holding onto the blanket and dragging it off of the bed.

 

Like a child, she found her way to Sunggyu’s room where she almost tripped over Howon, who was sprawled out against the floor. She sat down and draped her blanket over her shoulders; she was contemplating whether or not she should wake Howon up.

 

Taking in a breath, Eunhye reached out and gently shook Howon by his shoulder. He instantly opened his eyes and sat up, looking wide awake as if he hadn’t been sleeping at all.

 

“What is it?” He whispered.

 

“Can I…” Eunhye hesitantly began.

 

She hadn’t said anything to hint at what she was asking, yet Howon nodded and patted the space beside him as he lied back down. Eunhye blinked and stared at him, wondering how he had known what she was planning to ask of him.

 

“Nightmares, right? Howon said as she settled beside him. “Don’t worry about them, just sleep. I’ll still be here when you wake up.”

 

Eunhye took in his sincere expression, and nodded once before closing her eyes, waiting for sleep to retrieve her.

 


 

sobs in a corner because Diss is Infinite What Is Infinite.

 

lewk at diss unattractive man

hoo is diss

 

 

 

oh, my poor heart ㅠㅠ

Edited: 140208

A/N: Oh my lord this is not good, I want to re-edit what I've already edited, and I just--- sigh. I swear that I have a good imagination but when I come to write it out in a project or something I end up butchering it and I can't even. OTL