∞ 14 ∞

Paradise in a Secret

It would be a false statement if Howon were to say that his heart was beating at the speed of light, because frankly, his heart wasn’t really beating. He himself did not understand how his own undead body worked; the heart was there, the organs were there, everything was there; but he didn’t need them.

 

How he was going to get out of situation, he had no idea. No idea at all.

 

“Dude, you alright?” A familiar tenor voice asked and interfered with Howon’s line of view. “You’ve got a big gash on your arm.”

 

Howon glanced at his right arm, where his jacket was torn and stained red, yet the skin under was perfectly fine. He cursed under his breath.

 

“I’ll take you to the infirmary, alright?” Junhyung smiled sweetly, his kind actions and appearance giving Howon goose bumps.

 

“I screwed up.” Howon muttered as he stood up, making sure that his back was facing Eunhye.

 

“You screwed up big time, buddy, but you should be very thankful that I’m a thousand years old.” Junhyung patted his back.

 

“Junhyung, you can’t just do that!” Howon jabbed Junhyung in the side with his elbow. “It’s only been half a generation since you've turned into an oldie, and you’re going to go full out with your talent? On a human?!”

 

“You forgot to add ‘on my lover?!’” Junhyung laughed obnoxiously, his loud voice startling wild birds in the trees around them.

 

Howon stayed quiet.

 

 



 


“I was hallucinating,” Eunhye mumbled as she sat under the tree, using a fallen branch to draw random swirls on the ground. “I need more sleep.”

 

It didn’t matter what she told herself, but all she could imagine in her mind was how Howon’s eyes had been the exact same as what she had seen three years ago.

 

Eunhye had no idea how long she spent sitting and drawing random circles with a stick, but when someone returned to fetch her back to the campsite, the sun was already halfway down.

 

“Hey, you should get back and eat dinner with us.” Junhyung said as he approached her.

 

What Eunhye disliked about camping trips was that nobody wore their nametag when in comfortable clothes, and so she couldn’t learn the names of strangers. She squinted slightly, recognizing Junhyung as the person who had helped Howon go back to the infirmary.

 

“You seem kind of distressed, though. Have you been sitting here the entire time?” Junhyung sat down beside her, being extra careful to not advance forward too quickly. “The game ended hours ago.”

 

“I guess I should go in.” Eunhye was still dragging the stick across the ground, not showing any signs of getting up.

 

Junhyung sighed and leaned over, giving her a proper hug. “I think you’re going through a tough time, and I’m sorry for that.” He could feel her stiffen, and he noticed that she stopped drawing on the dirt.

 

Wasting no more time, he tilted his head to the perfect angle and let loose his inhuman side, making sure to dig his teeth into a small vein. He grunted when Eunhye scratched his face and yanked at his hair, but he managed to grab her shoulders and hold her upper body steady.

 

He was startled by the sudden wave of emotions, memories, and thoughts when he finally got into Eunhye’s mind. Not used to the sudden onslaught of someone else’s brain, he lost his grip and was kicked away by a hysterical Eunhye.

 

It took him a minute to locate the most recent event under the mass of panicky thoughts, but once he did, he quickly pulled them out. Junhyung then willed her to sleep, letting out a breath of relief when he saw her close her eyes and stop moving. He realized that by the time he had finished everything, she had backed up against the tree that was a few meters away.

 

Now that she wasn’t conscious, all of her thoughts had cleared up, and it was easy to find things. It was as if he was looking at a timeline of still-cut images, and one caught his attention – a pair of blue eyes that looked exactly like his own. Junhyung was tempted to go further into her mind, but he didn’t know about the consequences. He had only ever tried controlling someone’s thoughts and making them do stuff, like sending Howon off to grab a box of blood bags for him from his storage room. That had turned out to be a bad idea, as his head had been torn off not once, but twice after Howon realized what Junhyung had did to him.

 

Junhyung pulled himself out of Eunhye’s mind, taking in a big breath when he did so. He groaned and blinked repeatedly, rattled by the fact that all he saw was a big blur of colours. He tried moving, but his body didn’t respond.

 

 



 

don't you dare bbuing bbuing me with that smile

 

Edited: 131221

Author's Note: Wow talk about the shortest chapter possible L O L. So now that it's winter break I'm finally back with destroying all your eyes and making you all cringe and want to cry :'D