∞ 5 ∞

Paradise in a Secret

“I’m sorry about yesterday.” Eunhye uttered as she sat down beside Howon, who was already wearing a new pair of glasses. The fact that the pair he currently wore looked exactly the same as the one she broke yesterday confused her, but she brushed the topic away.

 

“It’s fine, I was annoying you a lot anyways.” Howon grinned. “Do you want to research about the history of-”

 

“Just choose whatever you want to research. I don’t mind.” Eunhye cut him off and decided that their conversation would end there.

 

“If you didn’t mind, why did you protest so strongly against mythical creatures?”

 

Eunhye stayed silent and pretended that she didn’t hear his question. She suddenly had the urge to sneeze, and after she did, she felt stuffy and uncomfortable. Sniffling, she pulled out a wet wipe and cleaned her hands, ignoring the look Howon was giving her.

 

“Did you fall sick to the flu or something?” He said and reached out to touch her forehead.

 

“Of course not.” Eunhye scoffed as she leaned away from his hand.

 

The school bell rang, and the teacher shortly entered the room afterwards.

 


 

Eunhye groaned as she heard Howon calling her name once again. He had been insisting to walk her home daily, and she always managed to make him stop halfway.

 

Oh, how much she longed for the peaceful silence of walking home alone. The day before had been a glorious day for her, since there wasn’t a constantly yapping Howon beside her the whole time.

 

“The weather’s been really ugly since yesterday,” Howon commented as he stood right beside her. “Shall we walk home together?”

 

“No.” She bluntly stated as usual. Her answer wouldn’t throw off Howon, and he would just follow her anyways.

 

“Can I share your umbrella?” He asked as they began walking towards Eunhye’s house.

 

“No.” Eunhye stepped away from him, leaving him to walk in the pouring rain.

 

Howon didn’t try to cover himself from the rain as he freely strolled beside Eunhye, a slight smile on his face. He stayed like that the whole time, and bothered Eunhye with little questions like ‘what did you eat for lunch?’ and ‘what do you like to read?’

 

Eunhye felt a wash of relief go through her as she spotted the large intersection where she would usually send Howon off. Her pace automatically sped up slightly, and Howon chuckled at her reaction.

 

“I’ll…” She trailed off as she finally took a good look at him; it appeared as if he had gone swimming in his uniform and came back out without drying himself off.

 

She bit her lower lip, trying to ignore the feeling of guiltiness as she waited for the red man to turn green on the crosswalk. When the light changed, she took a few steps forward before turning around. “Just… come the whole way and dry off first.”

 

It had been a slurred and mumbled sentence, but Howon had heard it as if she was shouting them. A wide grin donned his face as he jogged over to her side.

 

“So, do you have any siblings?”

 

“Just because I invited you to my house doesn’t mean I’m going to answer any of your questions,” Eunhye grumbled.

 



Howon excitedly followed Eunhye into her house; he had seen it from outside many times, but he had yet to go inside once.

 

“Eunhye, there’s leftover food on the dinner table…” Jihoo came out of his room while chewing on a cracker, and he stopped nibbling on his snack as he caught sight of the drenched Howon. “Who’s that, and why does it look like he just fell into a pool?”

 

“He’s an idiot who forgot to bring an umbrella.” Eunhye scoffed as she shook her purple umbrella and placed it in the bucket beside the door.

 

That’s because I gave you mine. Howon chuckled as he bowed towards the stranger.

 

“Well, you should’ve shared yours with him, missy.” Jihoo gave Eunhye a judging look before pointing towards the bathroom. “There should be extra towels in the cabinet. I’ll get you some dry clothes to wear, and you can just give the wet clothes to Eunhye.”

 

“Excuse you, I’m not going to be this guy’s maid.”

 

“Excuse you, you didn’t bother to share an umbrella with this poor young man.”

 

“Excuse me, I’m cold.” Howon burst in on their argument.

 

“Take off what you can now and give it to her.” Jihoo narrowed his eyes at Eunhye. “And you – you better not try and do something funny just because you don’t like this guy.”

 

“Who ever said I don’t like him?”

 

“Ever since you didn’t share your umbrella with him.” He laughed as he went back into his room.

 

Howon couldn’t keep the smile off his face as he shoved his blazer, tie, and bag into Eunhye’s arms. “So you do have a brother.”

 

Eunhye took in a sharp breath and almost ran towards the drying rack set up beside the window. Howon was either a douchebag, or a really forgetful person. “He’s not my brother. Now please go dry yourself.”

 

Once Howon had closed the door to the bathroom, Eunhye spun around, her eyes literally lit with fire as she almost threw his bag across the room. “This guy seriously has no consciousness about his body, I swear to god! Even Jihoo has the decency to cover up himself when he’s exposed…”

 

“Why're you so fired up?” Jihoo laughed as he saw Eunhye. “What, did he forget that dress shirts become transparent when soaked?”

 


 

(I swear to god I will punch you in the face, Hoya.)

Edited: 130820

Author's Note: Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee //jumps off cliff and lands in a pile of knives// I feel like doing that right now while I'm reading over this whole fic and I just... Can't with myself.