∞ 12 ∞

Paradise in a Secret

“Whoa guys, if you’re going to start making out, you might as well go home and do it in a bedroom.”

 

Startled, Howon pushed Eunhye away and sent her tumbling across the field. He jumped to his feet and glanced back to see the angel that had stopped him from biting her.

 

“Even I had the decency to do it indoors,” Joon laughed as he strolled through the field of lavenders. “We have to go wash up and get ready for bedtime, you idiots. Did you lose track of time during your romantic moment?”

 

“I’ll be leaving first, then.” Howon mumbled and left.

 

He just had to leave me alone with Joon. Eunhye scowled as she stood up and dusted the specks of lavender off her uniform.  She avoided looking at Joon the whole time, feeling awkward and judged.

 

“…Do you like Howon?” Joon asked sincerely out of curiosity.

 

“Did you see how he shoved me when you showed up?” Eunhye huffed out. “I’ll have to go to hell and back before I’ll be able to like that hyperactive person.”

 

“I’m sorry about the incident earlier.” Joon sighed as he stuck his hands into his pockets. “I thought I saw Howon looking over at us, so I just threw the ball at him.”

 

“You didn’t even say anything like ‘heads up!’” She glared at him before heading back towards the lodge.

 

“I even pointed at him!”

 

“Please.” Eunhye scoffed.

 

“Look, I know you still have a grudge on me, but you know that I wouldn’t purposely throw a basketball at someone’s face.” He whined when she didn’t believe him.

 

“Did you really mean it when you said you quit? You really stopped hanging out with those gangster-like jerks?” Eunhye glanced over at him.

 

“Yeah.” Joon stared at his feet as he walked beside Eunhye. “I tried looking for schools that you could’ve transferred to, but you weren’t registered anywhere at all.”

 

“At least I know what it feels like to be held back a year,” she cleared , obviously hinting at the fact that Joon had made a few bad mistakes.

 

“I have good grades now, and I’m going to graduate once I pass the exams.” He frowned. “I still can’t believe you held yourself back for a year when you could’ve skipped a grade.”

 

Eunhye glared at Joon before adverting her gaze back to the path. “I don’t mind, really. People think I’m a troublemaker and they avoid me. At least I don’t have to deal with socializing?”

 

They returned to the lodge in a mutual comfortable silence. They didn’t need to ask ‘it’s been a long time; how are you’ – they didn’t need to know the exact explanation of each other’s daily life. Eunhye knew that Joon was happy with himself, and Joon knew that Eunhye was steadily reaching out towards people again. It didn’t need direct words to explain. Basic and tiny details told the whole story for the two.

 


 

Howon let out a frustrated breath while he drank away at his ‘orange juice’. He felt absolutely pathetic for having no self-control over himself, but he also felt intrigued by how easily he lost himself. In all the years which he had been alive, he had never done that before.

 

He sighed and threw away the empty box into the recycling bin. He was going to have to survive for another night and two more days without anything, and that was going to be quite the feat for him. Howon was used to being prepared.

 

What in the world were you thinking when you packed only one? Howon felt like punching himself.

 

“Your turn to shower,” a classmate announced to Howon as he walked into the room with nothing but pants on.

 

Teenagers. Howon rolled his eyes as he gathered his clothes and headed into the shared bathroom.

 

On his way there, he caught sight of someone standing in the lobby. Dressed entirely in black, the man even had sunglasses on.

 

“Good job in standing out.” Howon laughed as he walked over to the man.

 

“I knew something was off when you said you were going on a school field trip.” Junhyung took his glasses off and glanced at Howon, unamused with his shenanigans. “There are two things I am positive about: one, you didn’t bring enough food, and two, you only came because of that girl.”

 

“Junhyung don’t even start about it, please.” He glowered and looked away, embarrassed that Junhyung was correct with his facts.

 

“I never signed up to be your personal deliveryman, but after that dramatic scene in the woods, I think it’s safer for me to stay here for a while.” Junhyung teased Howon as he handed him a bag. “There’s four.”

 

“Yeah, and what are you going to do here where there’s a bunch of people?” Howon raised an eyebrow at him. “Are you going to do some ‘scientific’ research about human behavior?”

 

“I’ll do some research about Howon behavior.” Junhyung jokingly replied before he lazily saluted to Howon with his index and middle finger. “See you around.”

 

“Seriously, that Junhyung…” Howon complained under his breath as he watched his friend head towards the neighboring lodge. He turned to put away the bag and go take a shower, but he caught sight of Eunhye and Joon walking together out of the woods.

 

He began feeling angry, and he tried to brush it away. The two were a good distance apart, and showed no signs of interacting with each other. Plus, they weren’t even talking – if Joon couldn’t get her to talk, then he was definitely not a candidate for being her boyfriend.

 

Howon stopped his thoughts when he realized what he was thinking about. He wasn’t an idiot, and he knew what he had gotten himself into, but was he really seeing other guys as a threat?

 

“Being jealous is tiring.” Howon realized out loud as he forced himself to calm down.

 



 

Yay for having pre-posted chapterly Hofangs :'D No need for me to hunt today either.

image

tumblr_lxj6obHhQw1r0unp6o1_500.jpg

 

Edited: 130828

Author's Note: Lost hope in myself wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee