∞ 26 ∞

Paradise in a Secret

For a minute, Eunhye stared at Howon. Her mind was scrambling to put together an answer – something that wouldn’t distance her from him, but also something that she wouldn’t regret. By the time she had figured out what to say, Howon was already pacing back and forth beside the bed.

 

“Maybe my approach was a bit too intimidating.” Howon breathed out as he looked at her apologetically.

 

“No, no.” Eunhye sat up and automatically reached up to fix her hair, only to have Howon beat her to it. “Do you think you could give me a year to make my mind up?”

 

Howon didn’t even need to think about it before answering. “Of course I can. I could wait five more years, or even a hundred.”

 

“Thanks.” She whispered, extremely conscious of the fact that her face was heating up pretty quickly. Eunhye pushed Howon’s hands back and turned her face away from him. “I need time to find out how to free myself from my current guardian’s hold. I also feel like finishing high school first, I guess.”

 

“Don’t worry about the first thing.” A grin slowly made its way onto Howon’s lips. “Sunggyu and I can easily take care of that – there’ll be no problems at all.”

 

The abrupt noise of a door slamming shut interrupted their conversation, and in walked Sunggyu holding a bag of take-out. “I’m back! I brought home some food for you guys, considering the fact that I left you two in a bad situation.”

 

Howon rolled his eyes and took the bag from Sunggyu’s hands. “I wouldn’t exactly call it a bad situation; it was simply a small quarrel that we have maturely sorted out.” He passed the bag to Eunhye and motioned for her to eat outside of the bedroom.

 

Seeing this as her chance to escape the somewhat awkward atmosphere, Eunhye took the take-out and briskly exited the room, making sure to close the door behind her.

 



 

“Howon, I can’t just take her under my custody. Don’t you know how difficult that is?!” Sunggyu exclaimed.

 

“Junhyung can forge all the documents; I just need you to sign it and agree to be her legal guardian until she’s legal.” Howon frowned. “I have to get her away from her current guardians.”

 

“Lee Howon. Do you understand that what you’re doing is completely illegal? I could get arrested for signing that document!” Sunggyu stood up and glared at Howon judgingly. “I can’t believe you’re trying to get someone innocent involved into this. Can’t you just sign your own name?”

 

“A bit awkward when you marry the person that’s signed to be your legal guardian.” Howon coughed. “I’ve been forging documents ever since I became a vampire, so don’t worry. I have all my connections to the government, and they’ll be actual documents.”

 

“That’s still illegal!” Sunggyu shouted, only to reel back and process Howon’s words completely. “Wait, what? You’re marrying her?”

 

“On the assumption she agrees to be with me a year later.” Shrugging, Howon stood up and looked at Sunggyu with puppy eyes. “Please, Sunggyu? I’ll swear on the rest of my endless life that you won’t be arrested. If you are, I’ll take your place.”

 

Sunggyu stared at Howon for a long time, his eyes calculative and somewhat distant as he tried to make a decision.

 

“Fine.” Howon clapped his hands together in relief and charged forward to give Sunggyu a hug, only to be stopped when Sunggyu held up his hand. “On one condition, however.”

 

Howon sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. “Shoot it.”

 

“I assume that Eunhye’s going to be living here, right?” Sunggyu questioned, and Howon responded with a curt nod. “Then you can pay for all the living expenses for the rest of the time that you live here.”

 

“Wonderful!” Howon smiled and crushed Sunggyu with a bear hug.

 

“AND!” Sunggyu screamed loud enough to startle Howon and get him to let go. “Strictly and absolutely no .”

 

“Then that condition also applies to you and your girlfriend.” Howon chuckled at Sunggyu’s absurd but somewhat understandable condition. “However, don’t forget that I’m far from actually being twenty.”

 

Sunggyu narrowed his eyes at Howon before storming out of the room, partly in embarrassment.

 



 

tumblr_lxykxdPaFF1qcpn01o1_500.jpg

cries blood tears because Baby's on Fire

 

Edited: 141230

AN: This story is coming to an end soon (even though the original had like 42 chapters OTL) and wow I'm already looking back and wanting to fix a crapload of things ㅠㅠ But I had originally planned to have this finished before the end of 2014, so... LOOL. The last chapter will be up tomorrow without fail. 

Thank you to everyone who somehow survived reading the story! I hope I made it at least two times better than the first time I wrote this... oh goodness. I now have second thoughts about my re-edited version and I'm just basically mulling over the decision of deleting it entirely and rewriting it all over again instead of just editing it. hahAHAhaA struggles of average authors. ;___;