∞ 18 ∞

Paradise in a Secret

Eunhye awkwardly sat beside Howon at the lunch table, silently eating and not even looking over at him.

 

“What’s with the atmosphere?” Joon suddenly sat down beside Eunhye.

 

“Go away, Joon.” Eunhye and Howon said in unison. Eunhye glanced at Howon and cleared before focusing her attention back on her food.

 

“Don’t be like that, Eunni!” Joon patted her on her shoulder, a smile on his face as he inched closer to her. To his joy, she inched away from him and closer to Howon. “You looked adorable when you were blushing back there in the woods.”

 

“Let’s not talk about that, shall we?” Eunhye glared at him and stuffed with rice on purpose. She could already feel the heat in her cheeks, and she was sure that Joon and Howon could see the tint of pink on her skin.

 

“Are you blushing again?” Joon burst out laughing obnoxiously. While in a hysteric fit, he inched closer to her again, and successfully had her backed up against Howon. “You came in this morning wearing his clothes, so why are you so embarrassed about a small peck?”

 

Eunhye choked on her food and spat out the rice back into her bowl. Howon patted her back in a poor attempt to help her.

 

“I mean, if you need a more obvious sign, I can just do this…” Joon leaned in closer to her with his lips puckered, and Howon instinctively picked up Eunhye and moved her to the other side. “Look at this guy, he’s so protective over you!”

 

Howon picked up her tray of food and placed it in front of her. “Stop teasing her already, you dingus.”

 

“See! He’s even using the same vocabulary you use!”

 

“Shut up!” Howon and Eunhye yelled at Joon.

 



 

“Aw man, I can’t believe that this trip is already ending.” Kyungjoo pouted as she shoved her clothes into her luggage bag. “I didn’t even get a chance to do anything with Howon!”

 

“Sheesh, that Eunhye girl.” Her friend sneered as she glared at Eunhye’s back. “Her style is so plain. Who wears jeans and a solid coloured hoodie these days? It’s so… ew.”

 

“Yeah, and all she ever wears for shoes are runners.” Kyungjoo scrunched her face up and shook her head sadly. “She doesn’t even do anything with her hair, either.”

 

There was a sudden knock on the door, and the teacher poked her head into the room. “We’re leaving, girls!”

 

“Okay,” everyone replied in chorus and they exited one by one.

 

Howon greeted Eunhye in the lobby and slung his arm around her shoulders, ignoring the fact that she shot him a glare. “I’m going to walk you home today.”

 

“How about no.” Eunhye muttered as they walked out into the parking lot and began getting onto the bus.

 

“Hey, Eunhye! The teachers say that you left something in the lodge.” Kyungjoo came running over, and she stopped Eunhye from getting on.

 

“What?” Eunhye frowned as she mentally double checked everything. “I have everything with me.”

 

“Are you sure?” Kyungjoo asked.

 

“Yes.” She nodded and moved to get on the bus, only to be held back by Kyungjoo again.

 

“Maybe you should go check, just in case you actually leave something here on accident.” Kyungjoo seemed a bit too eager, and Howon noticed this. He narrowed his eyes suspiciously, but said nothing. “Hurry up, we’re leaving in five minutes.”

 

Eunhye hesitantly looked at Howon, who shrugged. “I’ll go with you.”

 

“Oh, Howon!” Kyungjoo’s eyes widened slightly at the thought of Howon going with Eunhye. “The teacher wanted you to help her move stuff from the porch to the bus.”

 

Eunhye rolled her eyes at the obvious lie, but said nothing as she dashed off into the lodge. There was nothing more convenient than always wearing running shoes.

 

She entered the room she had stayed in, and saw that everything was clean and tidy. There was nothing left over – Kyungjoo had lied. Annoyed at the fact that she had been forced to run, Eunhye spun around with a bitter expression on her face. When she looked up, she found herself staring straight at Kyungjoo’s friend. After two nights of staying in the same room as them, she still hadn’t learned the girl’s name. Now that they were in uniform, Eunhye saw that the girl was named Bora.

 

“The only reason he might like you is because you’re the perfect height for him.” Bora mused before she threw a side punch at Eunhye out of nowhere, giving her no time to avoid it.

 

You’ve got to be kidding me, Eunhye stumbled back, her palms hurting after using them to block the hit. As an untrained person in fighting, she was beginning to panic about being stuck in a room with a violent teenager.

 

“You’re such a chicken! Why would he like you?” Bora threw insults repeatedly and tried to jump at Eunhye, who barely ran away in time.

 

“Let’s calm down and stop acting like a rabid dog, shall we?” Eunhye squeaked when she barely dodged another punch to the face.

 

That was obviously the wrong thing to say, as it fueled Bora on even more. She managed to successfully tackle Eunhye onto the ground.

 

When you’re trapped under someone, the only thing left to do is scream – and that’s what Eunhye did.

 



 

howon's gonna come get you and beat you up if you touch his girl

but oh my lord that jawline

that

gorgeous

j a w l i n e

ok I'm done I'm sorry i hAD TO here's your hofangs k

shhh shhh i know it's not clear shhh pretend it is because i really wanted to use this one because i really want to punch him in the face for this one

 

Edited: 131224

Author's Note: i don't even know what i'm doing with my life now O T L i'm just driving straight in to flames with this