∞ 15 ∞

Paradise in a Secret

“Yong Junhyung, what are you doing!?”

 

Howon felt like sending Junhyung to Pluto when he noticed him stumbling towards the cabins while carrying a knocked out Eunhye. He rushed over and took Eunhye out of his arms, noticing that Junhyung hadn’t closed up the bite wound on her neck.

 

“I,” Junhyung slurred as he took a few unbalanced steps forward. There was dried blood smeared on the corners of his mouth, and his eyes were still an unnaturally bright shade of blue. “Did my job in bringing her back.”

 

“This way.” Howon didn’t comment on Junhyung’s clumsiness; at least he had waited until nighttime to appear. He was, however, ticked off that he waited until midnight – he had been anxiously waiting outside the entrance of the woods after taking a shower and changing clothes.

 

It wasn’t hard to remember which cabin Junhyung occupied, and Howon easily located it amongst the cluster of buildings with his sharp eyesight. He opened the door and went in first, wincing when he heard Junhyung crash into a coffee table on the way in.

 

“What in the world happened to you?” Howon raised an eyebrow at Junhyung as he watched him crash onto the couch. It was an amusing sight to see the always proper Junhyung swaying around as if he was drunk.

 

“I don’t know,” Junhyung exhaled and stared at the ceiling. It was spinning, and he swore he could see playbacks of the memory he pulled out of Eunhye’s mind playing over and over again. He saw ten of them, randomly scattered across the ceiling and all starting at different times. “This is really trippy, though.”

 

“I can’t close her wound.” Howon stated as he grabbed onto Junhyung’s arm. “You have to do it, I can’t do it.”

 

“Do you want to know what she was thinking when she saw you?” Junhyung had to get it out; her thoughts were like a broken record and they were clouding his own mind. “She was trying to deny it.”

 

Howon stayed silent for a while before shaking Junhyung’s arm. “Come on, you have to close the wound! Did she pass out from blood loss?”

 

“I made her pass out,” Junhyung tried to laugh, but it came out as a weird gargled sound. “She was having a panic attack after I bit her.”

 

“Junhyung, come back to your senses, will you?” Howon sighed in frustration. “When you last tested your little talent on me, you were perfectly fine!”

 

“I don’t know!” Junhyung cried out and threw a pillow cross the room in distress. “It’s been hours, but I feel as if I’m on a never ending marry-go-round that spins at the speed of a race car!”

 

“Where’d you hide your stash of food?”

 

“It’s all in my luggage, I didn’t bother to hide it anywhere.”

 

Howon rolled his eyes and took a few juice boxes out of Junhyung’s luggage. He pulled a straw off of one box, suddenly halting his actions when he realized that there was a much easier way. He dug through Junhyung’s luggage and found a pair of scissors which he used to cut off the top of the juice box.

 

“I think this should help,” Howon handed the juice box to Junhyung.

 

While Junhyung tried not to spill the contents of the juice box on himself, Howon tucked Eunhye into bed, feeling guilty that she was still in dirtied clothes. He would help her change into more comfortable, clean sleeping clothes, but even after living for almost half a millennium there was no way he was going to do that.

 

“Okay,” Junhyung breathed out in relief as he got up and stood beside Howon. “I feel a bit better, but that was horrible.”

 

“Drink another one, you’re still creepy.” He joked about the blue eyes and threw another juice box at Junhyung, who caught it with ease.

 

“I need to figure out how to control it.” Junhyung grumbled, his brain still a clutter of the memory he pulled out of Eunhye’s mind. He needed more practice.

 

“Yeah, oldie, you need to spend another thousand years working on your talent.” Howon snorted and shook his head. “I’m going to go tell the school teachers that Eunhye’s in the infirmary.”

 

“And I’ll get rid of that wound you’ve been nagging me about for the past ten minutes,” Junhyung grinned.

 



 


They were everywhere, with their bright blue eyes. It was as if they were mocking Eunhye, laughing at her – for what reason, though? She recognized her surroundings as her old house; the house she lived in with her parents, before they passed away.

 

There were a bunch of them, staring at her from their hiding places in the house. It scared her, and she ran towards the front door, hoping that they would disappear if she left. When she opened the door, she found herself staring at no other than Lee Howon.

 

He was one of them, too.

 

She wanted to scream, she wanted to cry, but no sound came out – it was as if her lips were stitched together.

 

Eunhye turned and ran up the stairs, thinking that she could jump off the back porch and get away from it, but when she reached the top, Howon was standing there. He stared at her, his unnaturally coloured eyes boring into Eunhye’s.

 

She spun and ran into her parent’s room, already knowing what to expect. She saw her parents on the ground, their eyes still wide open with a horrified look on their faces. The image would never leave her memory, but that wasn’t what bothered her – it was the fact that Howon was standing between her parents, his lips ever so slightly ajar, showing his sharpened canine teeth stained with red.

 

Why all she saw was Howon, she had no idea. Howon was a normal person; he was just an annoying teenage boy.

 

Lost in her thoughts, she did not realize that he had walked up to her and was now an inch away. She was too late to react when he leaned in, his head tilted with his mouth open…

 



 

Eunhye woke up while screaming, her clothes sticking to her skin due to all of her sweat. In a matter of seconds, the lights went on and Howon was at the entrance of the room, looking at her with a worried expression.

 

“Don’t just stand there staring at her,” Junhyung grumbled into Howon’s ear after a minute passed by. “You’re supposed to, y’know, go over there and hug her or whatever humans like to do.”

 

Howon kicked Junhyung in the shins before rushing over to Eunhye. “It’s okay,” he uttered while hugging her like Junhyung told him to. He heard her mumbling a slur of incoherent sentences, something along the lines of ‘you’re just an annoying teenager’, ‘you’re not real’, and ‘it wasn’t real’. They didn’t make sense to him, but he decided that it was the language people spoke after waking up from a nightmare.

 

“You should take a shower and change your clothes.” Howon said after a while.

 

“Later.” Eunhye snuggled closer to Howon.

 



 

june will be a painful month for me

yes i bought the 2014 season's greetings OTL wHY DID I DO THIS

THEY'RE ALL IN WHITE KNIT SWEATERS FOR MY BIRTH MONTH OH MY LORD MY FEELS

 

Edited: 131221

Author's Note: I did say I was going to continue editing this story while on winter break but I don't think I can deal with this mess of a plot omg