∞ 22 ∞

Paradise in a Secret


Because why not?

 

Running away was obviously the first thing that would come to one’s mind in a time of danger – and that’s what Eunhye was thinking of. It didn’t help that Howon’s mouth was slightly ajar while he tried to find words to say.

 

Howon tried to follow Eunhye after she bolted out the room, but Sunggyu held Howon back by grabbing on to the back of his shirt. “You’re the last thing she wants to see.”

 

“Shouldn’t that be the same case for you as well?” Howon’s shoulders drooped as he turned to look at Sunggyu. The ‘older’ man’s firm expression and unwavering stare was unexpected, especially since Howon’s true nature was finally revealed.

 

“I’ve lived with you for five years, and you’ve had over thousands of nights to attack me while I was sleeping.” Sunggyu stated. “Judging from your so-called girlfriend’s reaction, I’m pretty sure she hasn’t known you long enough.

 

Howon sat down and sighed quietly. “I guess I have to answer all your questions now.”

 

“Well, you don’t say.” Sunggyu said.

 


 

“So you’re trying to tell me that you’re more than ten times my age, and you’re a mythical creature that lives off of humans.” Sunggyu furrowed his eyebrows as he tried to get all his facts straight. “You’re also trying to convince me that Cho Eunhye is also Cho Siyeon, Cho Kyungwon, and Cho Yunhee.”

 

“And a hundred years ago, you were Kim Shihyun.” Howon said.

 

“I have no idea who that is.” Sunggyu snorted and sat down at the dinner table with a cup of freshly brewed coffee. “The main point is not who my ancestor is, or who Eunhye’s is – it’s that you’re trying to spew out a bunch of things that are only seen in stories and movies.”

 

“By the way I don’t sparkle in sunlight and I don’t turn into ashes,” Howon scowled at the thought the incorrectly informed writers and producers.

 

“Okay, this nonsense doesn’t matter anymore.” Sunggyu put his cup down on the glass table. “Do you know if Eunhye has a place to go to?”

 

“She’ll probably return to her...” Howon trailed off as he realized Jihoo’s parents weren’t Eunhye’s. He frowned. “I guess she’ll return to her guardian’s house.”

 

“So if she has a guardian, why in the world did you bring her here?”

 

Silence engulfed the living room as the two put together pieces by themselves in their heads. Sunggyu didn’t have as much knowledge about Eunhye’s personal life, but he was not an idiot. Howon, on the other hand, was flat out an idiot for not realizing anything even though there were plenty of hints.

 

“I think I have the right to call you stupid, despite the fact that you’re hundreds of years old.” Sunggyu stood up and headed towards his bedroom. “You have two choices – find her and convince her that you’re not going to butcher her for food, or leave her to sort her thoughts out.”

 

“She’s going to think I’m going to butcher her no matter when I approach her.” Howon gave Sunggyu an incredulous look.

 

“What do you think that means, then?” Sunggyu’s voice was heavily laced with annoyance. “Anyone would assume that after living alongside humans for a handful of generations, a person would be smart with people. Maybe you need to live a few more generations.”

 

“Even Kim Shihyun wasn’t as blunt as you,” Howon grumbled to himself as he put his shoes on.

 

“My hearing may not be as advanced as yours, but your grumbles are louder than my mother’s!” Sunggyu shouted from his room.

 


 

Eunhye grunted as she flopped over the balcony’s railings, not exactly amused by the architect who designed the house. If someone were to hold Romeo and Juliet’s balcony scene at Jihoo’s house, Romeo would fall and break a few bones before he could reach the damned platform.

 

She gently knocked on the glass doors, not expecting Jihoo to open the curtains while donning a facial mask.

 

“What in the world?” Jihoo opened the door and pulled her into his room, shivering slightly at the chilly air that snuck in along with her. “Where’s all your luggage? Why does your face look like that?”

 

“What in the world? Who has the time to wear facial masks in the morning?” Eunhye waved her hand dismissively. “You asked too many questions for me to answer.”

 

“I only asked you two. I still have about five more.”

 

“That’s six too many. And you still didn’t answer my question.”

 

“Don’t be sassy with me, Eunhye.” Jihoo led her over to the chair by his desk. He kneeled down to eye level with her and began taking the bandages off of her face. “Some of these still look pretty nasty.”

 

A knock sounded at the door. “Jihoo, come and eat breakfast!”

 

“Good morning,” Jihoo lowered his voice and drawled out his words in an attempt to sound as if he just woke up. He opened a drawer and pulled out his first aid kit, which was in desperate need of being restocked.

 

“This boy needs to stop sleeping in the AM zone.” Jina said.

 

Both Jihoo and Eunhye were quiet as Jihoo applied ointments and patched everything up with smaller, less attention-attracting bandages. While he was finishing up the last touches, he saw movement in the corner of his eyes. He held back laughter as he watched Howon flop onto his balcony.

 

“Where’s your luggage though, in all seriousness?” Jihoo asked as he snapped shut his first aid kit.

 

“Obviously I didn’t come home because who knows what Jina would do if she saw this?” Eunhye waved her hand around her face. “I took refuge at Howon’s house for a night.”

 

“You were perfectly safe over at his house, so why’d you risk getting seen by my mom by coming here?” Jihoo left his first aid kit on his desk as a reminder to restock the box. “What, did you want to get treated by your one and only Kim Jihoo: the Talented Doctor at Treating Cuts and Bruises?”

 

“I’d like to remind you that one time when you thought using salt would be better than using antiseptics.” Eunhye bitterly reminisced. “That’s not the reason, though. I wasn’t perfectly safe at his house.”

 

“Don’t tell me he’s a secret cereal killer who ate all your Oreo O’s.”

 

“He’s a serial killer of the highest degree.”

 

“How childish of you, Cho Eunhye.” Jihoo raised an eyebrow in amusement as he glanced past Eunhye and spotted Howon attempting to pull open the locked balcony door.

 

“I’m serious, Jihoo.”

 

“And I’m Sirius as well!” Jihoo jumped up and got into a wizardly stance with an imaginary wand. He twirled his hand in a circle and pointed directly at Howon, who looked at him in confusion. “Bippity boppity boo, I summon Lee Howon to take you back before my mom finds you and you’re screwed!”

 

“That’s not Harry Potter magic, that’s Cinderella magic, you idiot.” Eunhye rolled her eyes.

 

“Cinderella or not, here’s your knight in shining armor.” Jihoo grinned as he turned Eunhye around to face the balcony doors.

 

“It was a prince, not a–” Eunhye stopped talking and in a huge breath when she saw Howon.

 



 

Just like this, please let the brother and the parents of the little girl who survived the Sewol Ferry accident be found.
There is nothing worse than not being able to grow up with family.
Let her close her eyes and open them to smile brightly at the sight of her hero - her brother, and her parents.

 

(on another note I'm going to cry because HOWON IS SO CUTE BUT SO IS DONGWOO WITH HIS EXCITED JUMPING REACTION)

Edited: 140420