Desire 49

All I Want...

-_-

[Sun Mi’s Apartment]

Danson followed behind her silently with his hands stuck in his pockets as they walked through the hallway. He felt bummed out and down. Sun Mi opened her door and turned around to him.

“Well…then good night,” Sun Mi told and started to go in closing the door behind her, but Danson reached his hand out to put a hold on the door.

Sun Mi glanced at Danson wondering why he did that. Danson removed his hand and bit his bottom lip as he tried to think up of an excuse. He didn’t want to depart yet.

“I’m still hungry. Can you make me some noodles?” asked Danson.

Sun Mi frowned, “But you ate a lot back there…”

“Well I’m still hungry!” Danson told then invited himself in.

He turned around to see Sun Mi roll her eyes and sigh then reluctantly closed the door. During those moments of silence Danson watched Sun Mi prepare his noodles. He felt just happy sitting there, yet the thought of her leaving didn’t leave his mind once.  

“Don’t go ok?” Danson asked suddenly.

Sun Mi turned off the stove and poured the noodles into a bowl for him. She turned around and set the bowl on the countertop.

“There you go,” Sun Mi said.

“Did you hear me?” Danson asked.

Sun Mi raised an eyebrow at him, “You’re being obnoxious today.”

“No I’m not,” Danson replied.

“Oh just eat and go,” Sun Mi said sounding a little annoyed as she walked around the counter to where Danson was standing. “Why are you always picking fights?”

“Just don’t go,” Danson told. “You can stay here for a while longer can’t you?”

“I…” Sun Mi began, but Danson interrupted.

“Haven’t you thought of why I moved next door?” asked Danson. “I thought I was a little stupid at first…maybe I am stupid.”

“Yes, you are stupid,” Sun Mi said.

“Don’t you get it?” Danson asked.

Sun Mi looked at him blankly, “Get what?”

“A dummy like me likes you!” Danson blurted out without even giving it a second thought.

Sun Mi stared at him with an indescribable expression drawn over her face.

“I do. I thought I was crazy at first then I found out I’d already tripped over my feet in caring for you,” Danson told.

Sun Mi could not yet bring herself to do anything, but stand as if she were in a standstill. Danson looked back at her and slightly moved forward giving her a quick peck on the lips. Sun Mi blinked as Danson moved back and slowly moved forward again, but before he could kiss her again Sun Mi shoved him away. She turned away with her eyes blinking furiously.

“I…I’d like to be alone,” Sun Mi told. “Can you leave now?”

It was more of an order than a question from her point of view. Danson opened his mouth to say something, but gave up and reluctantly left her apartment. As the door closed Sun Mi pressed her hands against her lips and let her mind drift off into space.

-_-

[Aaron and Selina’s House]

Selina opened her eyes in the dark and stared at the glass figure Aaron had place on the night stand. She turned her head over to look at Aaron who had his eyes closed peacefully.

“Are you asleep?” she asked.

Aaron opened his eyes and looked at her.

“What’s up?” Aaron asked. “Too excited to sleep?”

Selina laughed, “Why would I be excited? It’s just you.”

Aaron made a face, “Oh come on.”

Selina turned over and slowly moved over until her head was resting against his shoulder. Aaron gently put his arm around her and Selina did the same to him.

“What should we do this summer?” Aaron asked. “Should we on a vacation?”

“To where?” Selina asked.

Aaron thought for a minute, “What about Chun’s resort?”

“What? No!” Selina refused.

“Why not? That’s where we first shared a bed,” Aaron told.

“It was a have to at that time,” Selina told.

“We can go to Disneyland,” Aaron suggested.

“That’s only for kids,” Selina said.

“There’s roller coasters and merry go rounds and…” Aaron went on.

“I don’t like those stuff,” Selina answered.

And they spent the rest of the night discussing about what to do for the rest of the summer.

The next morning after eating and cleaning the house they finally stood in front of the living room in front of the door. They had spent the whole morning reorganizing everything. Aaron sighed and put his hands on his hips satisfied with the way things looked.

“It’s pretty clean,” Aaron commented.

“Clean indeed,” agreed Selina.

Aaron turned to look at her, “Maybe we could start a family soon. I’d like to have a baby too.”

Selina frowned lightly up at Aaron, “Not with me.”

Aaron opened his mouth in protest, “Come on! We just need to try one more time! Who else is going to have my baby?”

“Not me!” Selina shouted running off.

Aaron smiled and chased after her. They ran around shouting, throwing the couch pillows, screaming, and shrieking. When Aaron finally caught Selina he locked his arms onto her and threw her back against the couch.

“What are you going to do now?” asked Aaron leaning in toward her.

Selina smiled back and felt their lips touch. Selina teasingly kissed him back. Aaron started to intimately kiss her as he placed his hand on her cheek, but before anything else could happen the phone started ringing, and wouldn’t stop. Laughing Selina got off the couch to answer the phone. Surprisingly it was her mother.

“Selina where are you?” asked her mother.

“At my house,” Selina replied.

“I need you to come home quickly,” her mother said suppressing a sigh.

“Why? Is something wrong?” Selina asked as she detected a worried tone in her mother’s voice.

“The stockholders to the company withdrew yesterday. Without support your father’s company can collapse any time,” her mother explained.

“Ok, I’ll be there,” Selina told and hung up.

Selina turned around to look at Aaron trying to keep her worry off her face.

“I need to go back,” Selina told. “Something happened at home.”

“Is it serious? Should I go with you?” Aaron questioned.

Selina shook her head, “I’ll be back.”

Aaron got up from the couch and gave Selina a quick hug, “You promised.”

Selina smiled and nodded then walked out the door. Aaron couldn’t help, but feel that something was deeply wrong.

-_-

[Ren Household]

Selina opened the door and walked into the house to find her mother nervously pacing in the living room.

“Mom what’s going on?” Selina questioned hurrying over.

Mrs. Ren stopped and looked at her daughter and finally sighed.

“I don’t know I just found out this morning. Your father’s still trying to contact everyone to find out why they suddenly withdrew their shares,” Mrs. Ren explained. “I don’t know what’s going to happen.”

“Is dad really going to lose the company?” asked Selina.

“Possibly,” her mother answered after some time.

As Selina closed the door behind her she slowly walked toward her car hoping it’d take hours to get there. How could it happen? How could all the shareholders withdraw within one night? All of them? Selina shook her head and opened her car door.

-_-

[Aaron and Selina’s House]

When Selina got back she found out that Ella was over at their house. She seemed always happy chatting away. That night Selina and Aaron ate over at Ella’s house and with all the topics Ella talked to them about Selina forgot all about her father’s company. It wasn’t until when they had already gone to sleep that Selina was able to recall. It was near midnight and yet she hadn’t felt sleepy at all. Feeling trouble Selina sat up in bed and stared at the wall ahead of her.

“Is something wrong?” asked Aaron.

Selina didn’t turn but she already felt his arms around her from behind as he pressed his body against hers leaning his head on her shoulder.

“What was it that your mother needed you back home?” asked Aaron.

“Just some company matters…but they’ll be fixed soon,” Selina lied.

She didn’t want Aaron to worry and she knew it was a stupid thing not to tell him, but she couldn’t help it.

“Then why are you so tensed up?” asked Aaron.

“Am I?” asked Selina.

“Yes you are,” Aaron replied giving her pecks on her neck up to her cheek.

Selina chuckled and turned around to face him.

“We need to make a baby so you’ll never leave me again,”  Aaron ridiculously made up an excuse.

“Whatever, you’re so bad at lying,” Selina said wrapping her arms around his neck.

Aaron smiled and placed another kiss on her lips. Selina could feel them lay back on the bed as Aaron placed his hand gently on her waist. She wouldn’t have minded going further but a sudden thought slid into her mind. Jiro was backing her father up in the company wasn’t he? Then he should have some information on why the stockholders withdrew their shares.

“Wait,” Selina said and gently pushed Aaron away.

Selina sat up and thought a little more then decided she would meet Jiro the next day. At least he would have an explanation right? Or was it wrong in her deciding to go see him? Selina turned to look at Aaron’s worried face.

“What’s wrong?” Aaron questioned.

Selina’s mind went to a blank quickly.

“Uh…” she stammered. “I…I need a drink.”

Selina quickly rushed out of the room and headed downstairs leaving Aaron puzzled.