Desire 40

All I Want...

“Selina?” he called.

“Mmm?” Selina sounded.

“If I tend to do anything out of hand in the future…I want you to know I did it for you,” Jiro said. “Remember that.”

Selina frowned as she held onto her cup of tea.

-_-

[Aaron and Selina’s House]

Sun Mi had to excuse herself from the table. Aaron just seemed to phase out or it was that he didn’t seem that he was able to talk anymore. The door had closed a long time ago meaning that Sun Mi had already walked herself out of the house. What she had said wasn’t true was it? Aaron found himself wanting an answer or at least a word from Selina. He, at the same time, wasn’t sure of what he was expecting from her.

-_-

[Jiro’s Suite]

As Selina had excused herself to go use the bathroom Jiro sat silently thinking to himself. He wanted to deny that she had gotten close to her ex husband. Whoever he was and whatever he was like seemed to make Jiro curious. It had seemed that Selina had built up some sort of liking for him. Before Jiro carried on with his thinking Selina’s handphone began to ring. Jiro jerked out of his thoughts and looked toward the hallway. Selina wasn’t coming out anytime soon so he rummaged through her purse and pulled out her cell phone.

-_-

[Aaron and Selina’s House]

“Hello? Hello?” Aaron figured it must be Jiro. Who else other than him woud be with Selina during this time?

Aaron silently closed his phone and set it on the table. He leaned back in his chair. So he meant nothing at all to Selina. She had wanted to get rid of him before she could get back with Jiro. He hadn’t thought it would hurt him like this, but initially he would have to admit that his heart was falling apart. She was getting married. Selina was moving on as if he and her were never anything.

“That’s right…we were nothing to begin with ,” Aaron thought to himself and hung his head back. “Stupid Aaron. You aren’t supposed to be hanging over her like this. No wonder you’re just a kid to her.”

-_-

[Jiro’s Suite]

“What are you doing?” it was Selina.

Jiro looked up at her and found that he was holding onto her cellphone.

“Oh nothing. You came out so quietly I didn’t hear you,” Jiro told as he handed her her cell phone.

What Selina didn’t know was that Jiro had deleted from her records that Aaron had called.

-_-

[Aaron and Selina’s House]

Hebe had come over the next morning to find Aaron in a bad mood. She sat at the table watching him. Aaron stirred and stirred whatever was in the pot at the stove. He let out a loud frustrating moan and slammed the pot onto the counter angrily. He let out a loud shout as the steam burned his finger.

“Are you alright?” Hebe asked getting up from her chair and going over to him.

Aaron looked at her with irritation in his eyes and turned away as he walked over to the sink.

“Is something bothering you?” Hebe asked. “You seem so…angry.”

“It’s nothing,” Aaron replied coldly.

“Did something happen? Can you tell me?” asked Hebe.

“I said it’s nothing!” Aaron bellowed loudly then took a breath as he noticed the scared look on Hebe’s face. “If there’s anyone to be angry with…I’m just angry with myself.”

“What’s bothering you?” Hebe asked. “Can you tell me?”

“I’m stupid that’s all,” Aaron told. “I’m not in the mood for breakfast anymore. You can help yourself.”

Hebe watched as Aaron walked out then turned to look inside the pot. Whatever it was in there it was already burnt.

Before Aaron could start up the stairs the doorbell rang. Hebe, who had just entered the living room, turned to look at Aaron. Aaron walked toward the door without wondering who it was. Aaron found Jiro smiling back at him. Aaron found himself speechless. Jiro looked inside the house.

“You and Selina used to live here?” he asked. “And you haven’t moved out yet?”

“Who are you?” Hebe asked as she started to head over.

Aaron kept his eyes glued to the ground.

“Ah!” Jiro said. “You must be Aaron’s girlfriend huh? You two are quite compatible. I’m guessing you two are around the same age? It’s rare to see a younger guy dating an older woman nowadays don’t you think?”

Aaron didn’t know what to say against Jiro’s continuous questions. He felt so inferior.

“You haven’t answered my question yet,” Hebe interrupted Jiro.

Jiro turned to Hebe with his smile, “You two should get married quickly if you want to catch up with me and Selina.”

Aaron looked up at Jiro.

“I advise you to move on quickly kid,” Jiro told. “I hope this will be the last time we talk or meet.”

Hebe’s jaw dropped open.

“Who does he think he is?” Hebe questioned. “Do you know him Aaron?”

Aaron couldn’t catch a thing Hebe was saying. It was as if the words were going through his ears, but they weren’t being transmitted to his brain. He felt lost and worse than usual. So Selina was getting married already. Did she not want to talk to him? She must have wanted Jiro to come over and tell him to get out of her life. Selina must really dislike him, but Aaron couldn’t help it. He just couldn’t move on.

-_-

[Ren Household]

As Selina headed down the stairs to find Jiro looking up at her family portrait.

“You and Kate don’t really look a like,” Jiro commented.

Selina looked up at the portrait then turned to Jiro.

“What are you doing here?” Selina asked.

“Do you want to go out?” Jiro asked.

Selina raised her eyebrow, “But I feel like staying home today.”

“Then…can I stay with you?” Jiro asked.

“You don’t have anything up your sleeve do you?” asked Selina tilting her head.

Jiro smiled and put an arm around her as they headed into the kitchen.

-_-

[Sun Mi’s Apartment]

Sun Mi was sitting on her couch with her legs stretched out in front of her. With a bowl of chips in front of her she was as comfortable as ever. A silent morning was what she always wanted. However after seeing Aaron’s glum face yesterday she hadn’t felt like she had an apetite after she returned.

Was she right to let him know? He couldn’t have known before hand because he seemed so clueless about it too.

“He must be bombed out,” Sun Mi told herself.

She took a breath and ate some more chips. She didn’t know what had been happening to Aaron though she understood that it must have been a lot. Did he undergo a lot of pressure during the week of exams? She remembered that he hadn’t taken notes at all the whole hour in class and always seemed to be thinking of something. Had he met Jiro? Had he ever talked to him? Did Selina really leave Aaron so she could get married to Jiro?

“But Selina doesn’t seem like that kind of person,” Sun Mi told herself. “I don’t think she would do that.”

She remembered she was so shocked when Danson had first mentioned to her about Selina and Aaron’s divorce. Then he had just said that it was because her boyfriend had returned and they were getting married. Was there more to that? Would Selina really want to get married again after separating from Aaron? And…it was so fast.

Sun Mi was pulled out of her thoughts when there was a knock on her door. Without asking she knew who it was already.

“What?” she asked lazily as she pulled the door open.

Danson held up a grocery bag with that smile of his.

“Lets have breakfast at my place,” he told.