Desire 42

All I Want...

-_-

[Jiro’s Car]

Selina closed the door and turned to Jiro.

“What’s your plan today?” Selina questioned.

“We’re hanging out with Danson,” Jiro told as he started to drive into the streets. “He moved out of his place. We’re just visiting his new apartment to give him a surprise.”

“He moved?” Selina questioned. “Since when? He never told me.”

“Why would he tell you?” Jiro asked. “I heard he’s been staying with a girl.”

Selina raised her eyebrows surprised.

“He has the guts to do that?” Selina asked then laughed. “I never knew that!”

-_-

[The Apartment Hallway]

Selina looked around as she immediately recognized the place. Was Danson joking with them? He’d actually moved here? Doesn’t Sun Mi live here too?

“I think it’s over here,” Jiro said as he walked toward the door that was across from Sun Mi’s.

Jiro knocked a few times, but no one answered then suddenly the door across the hallway opened.

“Looking for me?” questioned Danson.

“Why are you over there when you told me you live here?” Jiro questioned pointing to Danson’s door.

“It’s messy,” Danson told. “You guys can come in here.”

-_-

[Sun Mi’s Apartment]

“You can’t just invite anyone over you bonehead!” Sun Mi scolded from the kitchen as Danson opened the door.

Jiro raised an eyebrow in question, but kept silent as he walked in. Selina paused before going in. Did Sun Mi know about Jiro? Selina felt a little nervous as to reappear in front of Sun Mi again. After all she was Aaron’s friend.

“It’s been a while,” Danson greeted.

Selina looked up at Danson then smiled nervously. Her legs then forced her into Sun Mi’s apartment. She could see the surprised look on Sun Mi’s face as she walked in.

“Is this the girl you’ve been living with?” Jiro whispered to Danson as he nudged him playfully.

Danson frowned at Jiro and pushed him.

“Who wants to live with a Korean girl? You’ll have to feed on noodles all your life,” Danson said crossing his arms.

Sun Mi grabbed a bag of noodles and tossed it at Danson.

“I never asked you over,” Sun Mi told then turned toward Jiro. “You can do me a favor by dragging him out.”

“I was planning to take this kid out. He needs some air to cool down,” Jiro joked as he put an arm around Danson.

“Me? But I’m feeling fine,” Danson told.

“We’ll go buy some drinks,” Jiro told and opened the door.

As the door closed Selina turned to Sun Mi.

“How are you?” Selina asked.

“Good,” Sun Mi replied. “You?”

“I’m well,” Selina answered.

Silence filled the room and Sun Mi felt an urge to ask about Aaron and Jiro. Selina however on the other hand had feared for Sun Mi’s opinion. She didn’t know what the girl would say to her.

“Have you been thinking about Aaron?” Sun Mi asked out of the blue.

Selina looked at Sun Mi uncomfortably, but felt that it was right for her to be curious anyway.

“I ran into him a while ago,” Selina replied. “Then I guess you know…”

Sun Mi nodded, “Can I ask why?”

Selina pressed her lips together and sat down on one of the stools by the counter.

“Would I benefit him in the future?” Selina questioned. “I think it’d be more like me ruining his future.”

“Is that why you decided on the divorce?” Sun Mi said, she couldn’t help but be nosy.

However Selina didn’t seem to mind.

“No,” was her answer which surprised Sun Mi very much.

“Then why?” Sun Mi asked.

Selina stared at the ground, “We were both just emotionally hurt…and tired.”

Sun Mi could feel her heart sympathize with them. Feeling surprised with herself that she was sad herself.

-_-

[The Bar]

Hebe sat beside Aaron glancing around uncomfortably. She had no idea that Aaron knew of these places and what surprised her most was that Aaron had spoken about Selina doing this too. Stress? Were they feeling that much pressure in their lives?

“Aaron…I think that’s enough,” Hebe said as she tried to take the cup away from Aaron for the tenth time.

Aaron pulled his hand away and kept a hard grip on Hebe’s wrist. Hebe made a face as she felt a tinge of pain.

“You can laugh at me. I’m just a kid in your eyes aren’t I?” Aaron questioned then laughed. “I don’t need you to worry about me. Just move on!”

“Aaron you’re already drunk. Let me take you back home,” Hebe tried again.

“Go away! I said go away!” Aaron shouted. “You never cared for me. I couldn’t help, but still like you anyway. It hurt so much when you never looked my way…I know I was just a replacement for him…”

Aaron started to murmur on. Hebe could feel tears rising up in her eyes. She knew who Aaron was talking about. He leaned forward and rested his head on the table sort of falling asleep. Hebe could see faint teardrops at the side of his eyes.

“Does it hurt so much to be with me?” Hebe questioned as she tried her best to hold back her own tears.

Noticing Aaron’s cell phone sticking out of his pocket Hebe made a reach for it.

-_-

[Sun Mi’s Apartment]

“Then…do you feel hurt from it?” Sun Mi asked.

“Whatever has happened has happened,” Selina told. “Do you like Danson?”

Sun Mi frowned in shock and surprise.

“What?!” Sun Mi asked loudly. “No! Never!”

Selina smiled as she was about to go on and tease Sun Mi, but the ringing of her cell phone stopped her.

“Hello?” Selina answered.

“I think it’s best you come here,” the voice on the other side said.

-_-

[The Bar]

As Selina ran through the doors she searched around inside. Aaron was sitting at a table near a large wooden pole in the middle of the room. Selina looked around for Hebe, but didn’t find her anywhere. She immediately made her way over to Aaron. Selina glanced at all of the beer bottles and the empty cup still filled with ice. Aaron seemed to be asleep.

“Moron,” she mumbled then gently shook Aaron, “get up. Aaron you need to go back home. Come on wake up.”

Aaron pushed her hand off his arm and half opened his eyes.

“I told you to go away,” Aaron told.

“It’s me Selina,” Selina told. “I’ll take you back ok?”

“Selina?” Aaron repeated. “Selina left a long time ago.”

Selina felt her heart ache as he spoke.

“I…I don’t need you to worry about me. I’m not a kid I can take care of myself,” Aaron said, “I’m just stupid. One day I feel happy and the next I’m moping over you again.”

Aaron laughed at himself. He had not sat up yet. Selina found herself frowning as to not let her tears burst out.

“Laugh at me. I’m weak and not strong,” Aaron told, “what guy lets his heart ache so much? I’m so weak I couldn’t enter the bedroom after you left.”

“You’re drunk. Lets go home,” Selina said putting her hand on his shoulder.

Aaron grabbed her hand gently and took it off his shoulder.

“I…I’ve always liked you,” Aaron told, “but I was always scared of your rejection so I didn’t say anything. I’m a coward. I really wanted to tell you I love you before you really left.”

Selina felt tears slip down her face.

-_-

[Sun Mi’s Apartment]

The door opened and in walked Danson and Jiro with refreshments and drinks. Sun Mi stopped pacing back and forth in the middle of the room and turned to look at them.

“Where’s Selina?” Jiro asked.

Sun Mi looked at him as if she was terrified of him.

“Uh…” Sun Mi began.

Danson looked at her curiously.

Sun Mi looked away from Jiro’s hard gaze.

“A bar…she said something about a bar.” Sun Mi answered.

-_-

[The Bar]

Before wiping her own tears she reached her hand forward to dry Aaron’s teardrop.

“I’m so sorry,” Selina apologized. “I can’t do anything for you.”

“I’m stupid…so dumb…what a coward I am…” Aaron went on.

“Aaron,” Selina urged him to get up.

The door opened and Jiro hurried in looking around frantically. He stopped a few feet away from the table and watched Selina shake Aaron.