Desire 2

All I Want...

-_-

[Taipei University]

After lunch Aaron and Hebe attended their business class together. The professor continued on with his boring lecture sharing dozens of tranparencies pointing here and there on the graphs.

“We will be starting a project today,” the professor told after turning the machine off and walking in front of it, “I will pair you up with another student from this classroom. This is a 10 page report due by the end of the week.”

“That’s too soon professor!” someone whined.

“Then how about two days from now?” the professor asked.

No one said anything.

The professor laughed, “By the end of the week. I will start reading off from my list.”

Selina spun her pen around her fingers bored while glancing around the room that was about the size of a highschool classroom.

“Yes!” Danson whispered. “I’m paired up with Calvin!”

“That’s nice,” Selina replied then turned to look at the teacher. “I don’t even want to do this.”

“Selina Ren and Aaron Yan,” the professor said.

Selina frowned and turned around to see a boy sitting at the back of the classroom looking out of it then turned back around.

“He looks like a kid,” she commented.

“All right! This will be the end of class,” the professor told, “bring your sources tomorrow! Labtops are allowed!”

Selina packed up her folders stuffing them into her backpack and headed out of the class room with Danson following along. The hallway was streaming of students.

“What do you say about going for a drink?” Danson questioned.

“I have to go to the company. There’s an issue my parents think I should be involved in,” Selina told. “Besides you have work moron.”

“It’s ok to skip work sometimes,” Danson told.

Selina gave Danson a stern look.

Danson immediately laughed, “I was just kidding.”

“I’ll give you a ride,” Selina offered as she threw her back pack into her car.

“I came on my bike,” Danson told, “but I’ll race you there.”

Selina smiled, “I’m not going easy on you.”

“Remember to call me if you can,” Hebe told.

“Alright, bye bye,” Aaron said then watched as Hebe ran off.

Aaron turned around and entered his car. He had expected to head straight home, but found that the driver was taking a different road.

“Where are we going?” Aaron asked.

“Your father wants to have a word with you at his office,” the driver replied.

“Am I in trouble?” Aaron questioned.

“I don’t think so young master,” the driver told.

Aaron frowned and decided to just relax until they got to the bank.

-_-

[Ren Enterprise – Mr. Ren’s office]

Selina walked into the building with Danson.

“Haven’t you played that new Wii game?” Danson asked. “You can throw the remote control around. I bet it’ll let some of your stress off.”

“Is it really so interesting?” questioned Selina.

Danson nodded his head, “You should come over sometime when you’re free. We can play Mario Kart.”

“Are you really a university student Tang Yu Zhe?” Selina questioned.

Danson cleared his throat and pressed the elevator button.

“But I’m serious Selina you’re just stressing yourself out. You don’t really need to deal with all these business matters,” Danson said. “Besides you’re going to seem like a zombie staring into the computer 24/7.”

Selina straightened out her clothes as the elevator took them up.

“If I became a zombie I’ll make sure you become one too,” Selina told.

Danson laughed, “Ok I was just joking about that.”

“You better run off to your left right now if you don’t want to be fired,” Selina warned as they stepped into the hallway.

“I’ll see you later,” Danson told and ran off.

Selina turned to her right and rounded the corner going into her dad’s office.

-_-

[Yan Qiang Bank]

Aaron walked along the hallways and nodded toward the other employees as they greeted him. He stopped in front of his father’s white door and pushed the door open. Inside was his father sitting behind his wooden desk. The rim of his glasses rested on the tip of his nose. Since his mother died when he was young it was only his father, his grandpa, and himself left in the house. As Aaron took a seat on the couch his father looked up from his papers.

“Oh Aaron you’re here,” his father said.

“Yea I’m back dad,” Aaron replied, “they said you wanted to talk to me about something?”

Aaron reached forward and grabbed a magazine off the table in front of him.

“Did you want anything to drink first?” questioned his father.

“I’m good,” Aaron said flipping through the magazine.

“You know I’ve a friend I’ve been helping for years,” Mr. Yan started, “he had a daughter who would be your age now, but she passed away in a terrible car crash a few years ago.”

Aaron nodded still looking through the magazine.

“He’s promised me to give her to you, but that’s impossible right now,” Mr. Yan told.

Aaron looked up, “Give her to me? You mean I would have to marry her if she was still alive? Oh thank God! So I don’t have to do it anymore right? That’s great!”

“Aaron wait until I finish,” Mr. Yan said, “he still has another daughter in which will take her sister’s place. She’s a few years older than you, but we figured it’d be alright.”

“What?!” Aaron shouted as the magazine dropped from his hands. “Marry a girl who’s older than me? Never! Dad you know I’d never do such a thing.”

“Aaron listen ok? My friend and I have already promised this. We aren’t people who would go back on our words,” Mr. Yan told. “We’ll be having dinner together tonight so stay here until then ok?”

“Dad,” Aaron whined. “I don’t want to do this.”

“Please understand from my point of view. She’s a pretty gal. She’s very nice too,” Mr. Yan told.

“Why would she marry someone so young like me?” Aaron questioned and slumped down into the couch.