Desire 35

All I Want...

-_-

[Ren Enterprise]

After sending Aaron to school Selina had gone to her workplace. He’d been silent all morning and she’d been trying to think of ways to make him feel better. Since they’d never really had lunch together she had insisted on eating together later in the afternoon, but things hadn’t gone as planned. When she had gotten up to leave her office Jiro was just standing outside her door planning to come in.

“Where are you going?” asked Jiro.

Selina stared blankly up at him, “What are you doing here?”

“To invite you to lunch,” Jiro said with a smile.

“Oh…” Selina looked around as if to look for an excuse then turned back to Jiro, “um…wel…”

“You have plans?” Jiro questioned.

“Well…” Selina began.

“Are you meeting up with someone?” Jiro asked.  

Selina laughed nervously, “No…never mind I’m not going anywhere.”

-_-

[Highclass Restaurant]

Selina sat at the table fidgetting. It had been on her mind the whole 30 minutes that they’d been there. Though the plate in front of her was half empty, yet she hadn’t tasted anything out of what she eaten. Aaron, was he waiting for her? Why weren’t any words Jiro was speaking going into her ears?

“I!” Selina spoke up loudly. “I need to go to the restroom.”

Selina excused herself and left for the bathroom, but all she did was stand by the sink. She tried calling Aaron a few times, but he never picked up. Was he in class already? Sighing and giving up Selina left the bathroom and headed back to the table.

“You know…” Jiro began.

“What?” Selina questioned as she sat down.

Jiro smiled as he played with his spoon, “I never thought I’d have the chance to bring you here.”

Selina stared at Jiro silently then looked down at her hands.

“What are you planning to do now CEO?” questioned Selina playfully.

Jiro smiled and leaned forward, “Fufill my dreams.”

“What dreams?” asked Selina.

“Marrying you,” Jiro replied.

Selina felt her face expression drop. Devastation? Was that what she was feeling? She for sure knew that her feelings were no where near excitement. What about Aaron? Did Jiro know about Aaron? Has someone told him yet? She hadn’t wanted to get a divorce with Aaron yet. Actually she hadn’t felt like leaving Aaron at all.

“Jiro…you….” Selina tried to go on, but the words slurred in her mind.

“Were you waiting for me to come back to save you?” Jiro asked. “I broke your heart that day didn’t I? I’m sorry…so let me make up for it ok?”

Selina felt confused with his words. Something inside her was telling her she didn’t need him, yet her body yearned for his warmth.

“I’ve heard about it from others,” Jiro told, “tell me you’ll get a divorce.”

Selina felt as if a lightning bolt had just struck her. Why was it the same every time? Her feelings quickly became mixed.

“You’re not too attached to him yet are you?” Jiro questioned.

Selina had no idea of what to say. She let out a sigh of relief as Jiro’s cell phone rang.

“Lets go back. I’ll give you a ride back,” Jiro offered.

-_-

[Taipei University]

Aaron sat on the stairs watching the streets. Lunch was almost over and Selina did not appear.

-_-

[A Restaurant]

Sun Mi glanced at all the food in front of her. They smelled so good. It had been a while since she’d gone to a buffet for a meal, but this time was definitely different. She hadn’t come on her own will, but was dragged by her lousy neighbor. However she had been too busy gobbling down her food she hadn’t had time to look at Danson who was sitting next to her. It didn’t matter if he wasn’t enjoying his food because she was enjoying hers. Sun Mi smiled shrugging her shoulders and continued to chow down.

-_-

[Taipei University]

Selina drove all around the school, but didn’t see Aaron anywhere. After waiting for 30 minutes she finally decided to head back home in hopes of seeing him there.

-_-

[Aaron and Selina’s House]

Aaron was disappointed. He guessed he had let his hopes fly too high. When Selina didn’t show up he could only feel sad like a little kid. Maybe it was just his own thinking that Selina wanted to break away from the marriage, but he still felt hurt. They were going no where in their relationship, but maybe…also maybe if they were given more time they could get closer. Impossible. Aaron had to deny it. They wouldn’t go any further than just a few kisses. How was Selina feeling toward him now? How was she thinking of him? Did she care enough to remember him? Probably not. He needed to stop thinking of all these possibilities. He needed to stop thinking of her all the time. He needed to get away…unattach himself somehow.    

The door opened breaking him away from his thoughts. Without looking up he could see Selina enter the house in a rush. When she saw him she stood up straighter.

“Why didn’t you wait? Did you ride the bus home?” Selina questioned.

Aaron stayed silent.

“I’m sorry about lunch…something came up,” Selina apologized.

Aaron rubbed his fist against his head, “Please don’t talk. I’m trying to study.”

Selina pressed her lips together feeling guilty, “I’m sorry.”

With that Selina made her way into the kitchen. How come they had become quieter these days? It seemed to her that Aaron didn’t want to talk to her anymore. Why should she care so much anyway?

-_-

[Ren Enterprise - Mr. Ren’s Office]

Jiro walked along the long hallway silently and coolly. He paused for Mr. Ren’s office door remembering all the things they’d done to him while he was dating Selina a while ago. They’d stomped on him literally with money and their power. How they’d made him feel smaller than a bug…he’d never forget those feelings they’d given him. However now that he was more powerful than them he’d be sure to get what he wanted.

“Come in!” Mr. Ren’s voice called after Jiro had knocked on the door.

Jiro pushed open the door and stepped in with a calm face expression. Mr. Ren looked up and paused for a second then leaned back in his chair.

“What brings you here?” Mr. Ren questioned with no enthusiasm in his voice.

Jiro took a step forward and placed an orange envelope onto Mr. Ren’s desk.

“I’m sure you recall signing a contract a few nights ago,” Jiro replied.

Mr. Ren frowned and looked up, “It’s you?”

Jiro managed to stare back at him with no face expression.

Mr. Ren smiled, “Well isn’t this amusing. You’re a lucky one to have become a millionare overnight. I hope you haven’t done anything illegal.”

Jiro smiled sarcastically, “It doesn’t matter what you say. I can raise all your sales and even expand your business overseas. I heard you’ve been having a bit of financial conflicts within the past few months even if you’ve been receiving help from that Yan Qiang Bank.”

Mr. Ren cleared his throat, “Don’t get all cocky because you’re backing us up now.”

“I’m nowhere cocky right now,” Jiro told. “First of all I need to make sure of something.”

“What is it?” Mr. Ren questioned after a long pause.

“Guarantee my marriage with Selina,” Jiro said holding his hands behind his back.

Mr. Ren chuckled then looked up at Jiro, “Isn’t your love so stable? Why do I need to make sure of this?”

“Because you married her off she’s different now. She won’t answer me directly,” Jiro told.

“Deal,” Mr. Ren answered.