Desire 11

All I Want...

“Would it make you feel better if I slept somewhere else?” Aaron questioned.

Selina dropped the blanket softly onto the bed without turning around. She didn’t know what to say. She was unsure of what would be better. Would she feel a lot better if he slept somewhere else? But it also made her feel guilty. But he’s a guy…also on the other hand she was older. The older one should be nicer right? Aaron walked into the room to grab a pillow.

As he held it he said, “You can keep the blanket. It’s still warm out. Have a good night.”

Selina turned around to watch Aaron head downstairs. She sat down on the bed and sighed.

Aaron lay awake on the couch staring into the darkness. He wondered if Selina was already asleep. What he worried about most was how would they get along? What he could do to make her happy. Aaron changed position on the couch and closed his eyes.

Selina had not fallen asleep yet. She rummaged around in the closets. Not finding what she wanted she walked into the other room and rummaged around the closet in there. At the far end she found a think blanket. Selina made her way downstairs to find Aaron already asleep. He had his arms around himself and Selina could already feel the cold breeze. She unwrapped the blanket and put it on Aaron. Feeling better Selina made her way upstairs again and lay awake in bed until she fell asleep hours later.

Aaron awoke from the bright sunlight shining in through the windows. Squinting his eyes Aaron sat up to find himself covered in a blanket. Figuring Selian had given him the blanket made him feel better. He set the blanket aside and got up heading upstairs. He found the bedroom door opened and when he went inside he found that Selina was not anywhere to be found.

-_-

[Ren Household]

Selina walked in from the front door and headed upstairs to her room. She looked around and smiled as she found her snow globe sitting safely on the shelf. Looking around she found an old gift bag and placed the snow globe safely inside. Looking around she figured she might as well grab some of her other stuff. As Selina headed downstairs she ran into her mother in the hallway.

“Selina! What are you doing here?” questioned her mother.

“Just to get some books,” Selina replied.

“Selina?” her mother said. “Your father and I don’t want to see you at the office until Aaron resumes school again.”

“Why?” Selina frowned.

“We figured you should use the rest of the week to spend some time with Aaron. You two still don’t know each other well enough. Use this time wisely Selina,” her mother said. “And we’ll boot you out of the office if we see you there. Your father says he’ll downpay you too.”

“Mom what kind of a threat is that?” questioned Selina.

“Just to make sure you don’t abandon your husband,” Mrs. Ren told. “Now if you’d return to your own home…”

Selina frowned at her mother and turned around heading out the front door.

“I thought I was supposed to be ignoring them…” Selina thought to herself.

-_-

[Aaron and Selina’s House]

The front door opened and in walked Selina. Selina came to an immediate pause as Aaron jumped up from the couch.

“You’re back…” Aaron said sounding relieved. “Where’d you go?”

“I went back home to get some stuff,” Selina said holding up her gift bags filled with her things.

“Oh…” Aaron said with a smile. “Are you hungry? Maybe I can make something…”

“You can cook?” questioned Selina.

“Well I think I can make a dish…” Aaron told.

“I thought you said you don’t know how to,” Selina pointed out.

“Well…” Aaron tried to go on.

“Go ahead and try,” Selina told then headed up the stairs.

Selina walked into her room and first took out her snow globe. She shook it and watched as she snow fell all around. Smiling Selina set it on the table beside the bed. She went into the other bag and took out a few of her favorite books. After organizing them Selina felt much better and decided to head downstairs. As Selina headed into the kitchen she took a seat at the table and watched Aaron carry on with his cooking. Though she noticed a strange smell she decided to let it go figuring it was Aaron’s first time doing this.

“How does it look?” Aaron questioned.

Selina stared at the food in front of her. She picked up her chopsticks and put some into . As she chewed she could only taste that it was really bitter and salty. Selina was surprised at herself that she did not make a face throughout the whole tasting process.

“Is it ok?” Aaron asked.

When Selina did not reply Aaron also grabbed his chopsticks and stuffed the food into his mouth. Aaron made a face and quickly got up from his seat to spit out the food.

“How can you eat that? That’s not food…” Aaron said. “Sorry Selina.”

As Aaron turned around he found Selina putting more rice onto her plate as she continued to eat his dish.

“Selina you don’t have to eat it. I am a bad cook after all. Sorry…” Aaron went on.

“Food is food. I’m not going to waste it,” Selina told, “you can stop saying sorry. I was never a good cook myself.”

Aaron watched as Selina continued to eat. Pressing his lips together Aaron walked toward the fridge and grabbed a large cup of water then sat down. After each bite of his own dish Aaron would swallow a large amount of water. Selina glanced up every time and found herself laughing at him. After they finished eating Aaron had gone out into the living room to lay down. As Selina finished washing the dishes she opened the fridge to see if there was anything else to eat. To her luck there wasn’t anything. She shut the fridge and walked out into the living room and stared at Aaron’s back. Aaron was making faces of disappintment to himself.   

“Want to go out?” asked Selina.

Aaron quickly turned around.

“What?” asked Aaron unsure if he’d heard what Selina had said.

“You don’t want to stay in all day do you? It’ll get boring since we’ve nothing to do,” Selina pointed out.

“Oh…you’re right,” Aaron agreed. “But to where?”

“Grocery shopping,” Selina said, “I need someone to carry the bags.”

Aaron frowned at Selina.