Desire 33

All I Want...

-_-

[Ren Enterprise]

Selina was called back to her office by her mother late that afternoon. She had spent her morning at home remembering she’d said that she didn’t want to be part of the company anymore. She found her mom sitting at her desk when she opened the door.

“What is it?” Selina questioned.

“Your father and I have talked,” she began, “you can continue to work even if you don’t want to and I found your sketch.”

Selina looked at the piece of paper her mom held up.

“What’s wrong with this? We could have used it. It’s cute Selina,” Mrs. Ren complimented.

Selina stared at the paper a sudden idea coming to her.

“Mom,” Selina said walking over, “can you do me a favor?”

“Oh?” Mrs. Ren said a few minutes later. “Aren’t you thoughtful. Well anyway have dinner with me later. The same restaurant ok?”

Selina watched as the door closed and flopped down onto her chair.

-_-

[Taipei Streets]

As Sun Mi began to enter that same alleyway she couldn’t help, but pause. Was there someone following her? She wouldn’t be attacked again right? Sun Mi took a breath laughing at how foolish she was to think those. As she began to take a step forward she felt a slap against the back of her head. She turned around to see no other than Danson.

“Hey!” she shouted.

“You’re scared aren’t you?” Danson questioned.

“No. I never said that,” Sun Mi denied.

Danson chuckled, “Lets go eat some of those noodles you’re so good at making. I promise I’ll leave after that.”

-_-

[Aaron and Selina’s House]

Aaron was doing his homework as usual and Selina was finishing dinner in the kitchen earlier than usual. After finishing she walked out rubbing her hands together.

“I’m going out for a while. If you’re hungry I’ve already prepared food for you ok?” Selina told.

Aaron nodded quietly and listened as the front door opened and closed. Where was she going?

-_-

[A Restaurant]

Selina walked in to find her mother sitting at a table, but strangely there was a young man with large glasses sitting with her.

“Selina! You’re here!” her mom quickly waved her over.

Selina walked over hesitatingly and sat down.

“Selina this is David,” her mother introduced. “David this is my daughter.”

“Nice to meet you,” David said and they shook hands. “I heard you’re getting divorced soon?”

“Huh?” Selina questioned raising her eyebrows.

David smiled, “Sometimes some relationships just don’t work out, but don’t feel too bad about it.”

Selina turned to look at her mother who smiled back.

“I forgot I have something else to attend to,” Mrs. Ren lied, “you two have a nice chat ok?”

Selina laughed to herself as her mother left the table. She couldn’t believe her mother was trying to hook her up and she’d actually fallen into the trap.

“I’m sorry, but I’ve never actually thought of divorcing my husband,” Selina told. “Better luck next time.”

-_-

[Sun Mi’s Apartment]

After Danson had left her land lady had visited.

“Someone’s throwing a housewarming party tonight why don’t you come?” the landlady asked. “Everyone’s invited and someone just moved in. You should come.”

Sun Mi smiled, “Oh…is that so? I’ll think about it.”

It had been hours after her visit, but Sun Mi had not left her room.

-_-

[Aaron and Selina’s House]

Selina found Aaron lying awake in bed when she returned back home. She jumped onto the bed and stared at him. Finally Aaron turned to look at her.

“What?” he asked.

“You aren’t going to ask where I went?” asked Selina with a smile.

“Where?” Aaron asked.

“My mom tried to set up a blind date for me,” Selina said then laughed, “you should have seen him. He had such big glasses and his nose was so pointy. He’s a lot worse than you.”

Aaron looked at Selina. He hadn’t found it funny at all.

“So exams are next week for you?” asked Selina after a pause of silence.

Aaron did not reply. He just didn’t feel like talking at the moment. He was afraid Selina would talk about separating.

“Ok then. Go to sleep,” Selina said and got up going back downstairs.

-_-

[Sun Mi’s Apartment]

There was a continous knock on Sun Mi’s door. She was sitting on her couch reading her text book trying not to pay attention to the knocking, but it just wouldn’t stop. She bit her bottom lip and set her text book down about a minute later.

As she flung her door open she shouted, “What?!”

Danson stared back at her. Sun Mi rolled her eyes wondering what he wanted this time.

“Why weren’t you at the housewarming party?” he questioned.

“I’m studying,” Sun Mi replied.

Sun Mi started to close the door, but Danson put his had against the door.

“Aren’t you curious who your new neighbor is?” Danson questioned.

“No,” Sun Mi replied without a second thought.

She looked at Danson who smiled back at her.

“No way,” she said.

“Isn’t it just great? Now we can hang out together and visit each other and maybe sleep at each other’s places…” Danson went on jokingly.

“Get out!” Sun Mi shouted and slammed the door shut. “Are you crazy?!”

Sun Mi leaned against her door.

“Why would he want to live here?” Sun Mi questioned herself.