Marc

Exodus: A Tale of Twelve Princes

Jewel's POV 

Second time. That was the second time I had almost died today and the night wasn't even over. I felt light headed. I swayed a little, but steadied myself before I stumbled. I couldn't show weakness right now. The others would never take me with them if they thought I wasn't capable. 

"How did you find us, Hyung?" Baekhyun asked turning to Lay. 

Lay looked lost. "Lay?" Baekhyun waved his hands in front of Lay's face. His eyes refocused.  

"Uh... yes. What did you say?" 

Baekhyun sighed then repeated himself. 

"Oh, yes. Well I woke up. And I was here. I'm guessing this is the infamous Human world?" D.O nodded. Lay continued, "So I walked around for a bit hoping to figure out how in the world I got here. Then I felt something. I guess I didn't notice it back home, since I was constantly exposed to it, but I could feel your guys' energies. A familiar scent in a way, but not really. A sixth sense? Yeah. I could feel you through a sixth sense. So I followed it and then, I saw you." 

"Why are the other princes showing up left and right? This is supposed to be our quest." Kai mumbled, but in the silence of the night, everyone heard it. 

"Are you serious right now?" Chanyeol grumbled. 

"Kai. You should know how these kind of things work..." D.O rested a hand on his shoulder, "We can't control these kind of things. Fighting it never works. You have to go with what fate has decided and just try to do your best." 

Kai nodded. The way he pouted like a little child, he reminded me so much of-

"Marc!" I suddenly remembered. Baekhyun jumped at my sudden exclamation. I'd told him to wait. He's going to be furious. Grabbing the car keys from my backpack, I made my way back, to where my car was parked. 

Seeing my small Corolla I realized there was now a problem with the addiction of the new prince to our little group. 

"I only have four extra seats..." 

--------------------

I tried not to giggle as I drove carefully on the empty road. D.O had claimed the passenger seat and wouldn't budge until I explained that Chanyeol was much taller, and therefore it would be better if he wasn't one of the people squished in the back. So now Chanyeol was sitting comfortably next to me. 

Lay, Baekhyun, Kai and D.O were unfortunately cramped in the back. There continuous bickering was some how really amusing. 

"Ow! Move over Baekhyun. You're suffocating me." Kai whined. 

"Move where Kai? Where? When you find some other place for me to sit, I'd be happy to comply." 

"Sorry, guys. But we're almost there! Five more minutes." I promised.

The backseat erupted in groans. I smiled. My eyes met Lay's in the review mirror and he smiled back. 

-----------------

Sure enough, Marc looked furious when he saw my car pulling up. 

"Ten minutes. You said ten minutes!" Marc's voice dripped with annoyance. He was wearing a thin black jacket, a grey t-shirt and pajama bottoms. His straight brown hair reached just past his eyes. He looked tired. The guilt crept in me for waking him up and making him wait in the cold. And for asking him to break the rules. He must really hate all this. 

"I'm sorry Marc." I held up my hands in truce walking up to him. 

"Ah, whatever. So may I ask why you wanted the keys-" There was a loud thumping coming from behind us. Chanyeol was knocking on the window. 

"I can't get out! Jewel! Help! I'm trapped!" 

I rushed to open the door with my keys. Chanyeol jumped out as soon as I opened the door. Reaching back, I unlocked the back door releasing the other four princes as well. 

"Who are they?" Marc asked looking them up and down. 

He stepped back as the princes came closer. Everyone was still, not knowing what to do. 

Should I come clean?

Marc never believed me before, but he never said I was wrong either. He wouldn't shoot me down like the others. Maybe he would understand...

"I need the keys. I want to move out." I decided against explaining the presence of the five males next to me unless absolutely necessary. 

"You're not eighteen."

"I will be soon enough." 

"My parents will kill me if they find out I gave you the keys before you turned eighteen. Your parents were very specific. You would get full access to everything on your eighteenth birthday."

"I don't need everything. I need the keys to my home." I emphasized the my. 

Marc sighed. His mind was already made up. I knew it. And so did he. 

He slipped a small envelop from inside his coat. He stopped just before handing over the keys. 

"Who are they?" He took the guys in one more time. 

"Marc..." I shook my head, telepathically telling he to drop it. Surprisingly, he did. He handed me the keys. 

"Thank you." 

Marc grabbed my wrist and pulled me closer. Lowering his voice he said, "Tell me you aren't taking these guys to your house?" 

I didn't say anything. 

"Jewel. Are you serious?"
"I can handle myself." 
"You don't know that."
"They won't hurt me."
"Really? You sound like an idiot right now."
"Marc, I don't know how to say this, but I know this is right. I need to go with them. I have a feeling I'm meant to  help them." 

"Jewel?" Lay asked from behind. 

Marc was still gripping my arm tight. I gave it a tug. Marc was staring me down. His puppy eyes took on an intense stare.

You really want me to show you that I can handle myself?

There was a challenge in his eyes. 

It took two movements before Marc was on the ground. The situation completely reversed. Now I had his arm locked, and he was the on the floor trying to tap out. I twisted his arm a little more to prove my point. He grunted. Tapping the ground with more force. I let go. 

Marc got up, brushing himself off, "There are still five of them, and one of you. I'm coming with you."

"Then there will be six against one."

Marc looked hurt. "I'm on your side, Jewel." He said rather aggressively, "I would never even think to hurt you." 

"I know Marc. It's your choice, but I can't ask you to run away from home so you can protect me. Can you leave right now?" 

He hesitated. He couldn't. I wished he could, but I knew he couldn't. 

"Bye Marc," the words left me a little sad. "Thank you for the key."

I turned to leave. The five were looking at me. They looked uncomfortable. 

"Let's go, guys."

----------------------------
Author's Note 

Yes. I think I want Marc to be Jungkook ;)