Not the Only Ones

Exodus: A Tale of Twelve Princes

Kai's POV

"Which way did she go?" D.O asked squinting into the night. There were lights all along the street, but he had eyesight problems. 

"There," I pointed at the retreating back of Jewel, the stranger who had bought us nuggets. She disappeared around the corner. 

We ran after her. 

We had been deciding on where to stay for the night when she suddenly got up. Her eyes glazed over and as if in a trance she left the place with the nuggets. 

We called after her, but she didn't seem to hear a word. 

She was acting strange. D.O had given me a look and I nodded back. We had to make sure she was okay. 

We finally caught up to her now. 

"Jewel?" D.O asked, his voice slightly concerned.

She didn't respond. 

We were nearing a park. 

"Do you think she wants us to leave?" I whispered to D.O. He waved his hand in front of her eyes. She didn't even react.

"No, I think this is something else. She's acting quite strange. We need to stay with her." 

I nodded. If that's what he thought we should do then so be it. I was looking at D.O so I didn't see her stop. I ran right into Jewel.

"Huh? Where am I? Oh!" Jewel looked shocked for a second as she took us in, but then she seemed to remember. "D.O, Kai, where are we?" 

"You tell us, we were following you. You just got up and left." I replied. She looked confused. 

"I did?" She began walking again. "I just feel like I need to be somewhere..." 

--------------

Jewel's POV


Something caught my eye. Two figures were lying on the ground in the distance. 

"Over there! Look." I pointed.

Kai gasped. 

"What?" D.O and I ask at the same time. 

"We weren't the only ones who got through the portal."