Splitting Up

Exodus: A Tale of Twelve Princes

Baekhyun grabbed my wrist, pulling me behind him. Unconsciously, the princes had formed a sort of protective circle around me. All of them were facing outwards. I peeked from behind Baekhyun. I couldn't see anything. I couldn't even pinpoint where the growl had come from. All I knew for sure was that the sound belonged to the creature from before, the beast that had attacked me in the dark alley. 

Despite knowing that D.O had been able to take that beast on his own, and now there were eight of them, I was still scared. The night was unnaturally dark, and  there was a strange creature hiding in the darkness. 

The hair on my neck stood up. I could feel something watching me from the back. I whipped around.

Red eyes materialized from thin air. My breath got caught in my throat. 

"There!" Xiumin yelled. Fire erupted from the left. Chanyeol had a fire dancing around his palm. He raised his hand and threw a ball of fire straight towards the creature. The fire hit the ground just before the creature, illuminating its massive structure. The creature scrambled back letting out an outraged roar. 

"Baekhyun, we can use some light." Chanyeol said. 

In response, two orbs of white light formed in Baekhyun's hands. With a wave of his hands, light shot forward, two parallel beams floated in the air. Baekhyun snapped his fingers, and the beams exploded into small bright pearls. The entire road was lit up once again. 

The beast had had enough. He growled and began running towards us. A fireball hit the creature in the muzzle. It swirved and shook. A chunk of rock hit it in the side before it could recover. The creature flew back from the impact.

I could hear it whimpering now. 

Two more rocks hit it. The thing didn't move. 

"D.O, that's enough," I put a hand on his arm. His body was still tense. His stance still offensive. I pulled his arm. He didn't budge, but he looked at me. His eyes were glowing gold. I let go of his arm in surprise. He blinked. His eyes back to normal. 

I looked away, "Th-that's enough." 

Glancing sideways I could see him relax his stance. 

The beast was still whimpering. It was still alive, but it was laying on its side not moving. I felt a prick of pity. The fear that resided inside of me was long gone. It may have been trying to kill us, but seeing it lying helplessly maybe on its death bed brought tears to my eyes. 

"Are you crying?" Baekhyun asked shocked. I shook my head, wiping my eyes. 

"I think we should get out of here." The one that was probably Chen said. He was looking at me. His sharp features softened with worry. "Will you be fine?" I nodded. I introduced myself. 

"I have always been a little sensitive towards animals. But I'm fine. I promise. Please don't worry. You're right we should get out of here." 

I glanced around. Eight princes, plus me. Nine people. One small Corolla. I groaned. 

"Do you think we can squeeze everyone into my car?"

"NOoooo" Kai, D.O, Baekhyun and Lay complained in unison. I gave a bitter laugh. 

"I don't like this, but we are going to make two trips. Four of you will have to stay here, until I drop off the others and come back."

"Hold it. What's going on? Drop us where?" The cat eyed one asked me. Xiumin, I think his name was Xiumin. D.O gave them the run down of what had happened tonight. 

I was relieved I didn't have to. Tonight had been confusing enough, I don't think I could have put it in words. 

"So, who is going to stay, who is going to come with me first?" The princes glanced at each other. 

"Xiumin, Luhan, Lay and Chen can wait here. Baehyun, D.O, Kai and I will come with you first." 

"Will you be okay?" I asked Lay. I was worried. Lay, apparenlty had healing abilities, which wouldn't prove helpful fighting against anything. Luhan and Xiumin looked so young, could they fight? Chen hopefully had a power that would allow him to fight. 

Xiumin laughed and Luhan looked hurt. "What? You don't think we can fight?" Xiumin chuckled. 

He a hand down and the floor around him frosted up. The frost began spreading outwards. I backed up as the frost reached my feet at an alarming speed. He clenched his fist and the frost stopped. He opened his fist, and on his palm a dagger made of ice formed. He threw it across the street. It narrowly missed the top of my car and lodged itself in a tree. Xiumin smiled. 

"Woah!" That just happened. 

"Watch this." Luhan stepped forward. He raised his hands. Rocks, broken branches, and leaves lifted from the floor, swirling around him. He separated his hands and the rocks, leaves and sticks separated into three sections.

He lowered the objects and moved his hand to my direction. My eyes widened. He wasn't going to...? I closed my eyes. 

"Luhan stop. You know you won't have enough energy to fight if you use it up right now. There's no need for demonstration." D.O had stepped in front of me, blocking me from Luhan's path. "Jewel, Luhan has telekinesis powers. He is more than capable. And Chen can conjure and control lightning. Now since the four of them will have to wait out here in the open, I doubt Chen would want to call up a storm." Chen nodded, grinning. 

"Um, okay then. Let's go." 

I turned to face Xiumin and Luhan. I gave them two thumbs up. Luhan  looked confused. Hesitantly, he mimicked my movement, throwing his arms straight out. He looked so awkward. I nodded, giggling. "Stay safe! I'll be back as soon as I can." 


-----------------
Author's Note

Sorry for the delay! Happy Holidays!