I have a Plan

Exodus: A Tale of Twelve Princes

Jewel's POV

 

Someone cleared their throat behind us. Kai snapped out of it and let go of my shoulders. We both stepped back. 

"How did you know how to find them? How did you find us?" 

I just shook my head. I didn't really know. 

A dog barked somewhere in the park. 

"Ummm, we should get out of here. I have a plan. I may know a place we can spend the night. Let's go," I looked back to see if the four princes were actually following me. To my surprise three of them were and after a second, Chanyeol followed behind. 

I took out my cell and dialed the familiar number. 

"Jewel?"  Marc's sleepy voice sounded on the other end, "It's like 2 am. What's up?"

"Hey, can you meet me at outside? I need the key." 

"Huh? It's not your birthday yet. I can't-"

"Marc, please." I pleaded.

The line was silent. 

"It's an emergency. I need those keys." 

"I'll be down in five." 

"I don't think I can get there before ten minutes."

"Alright." 

"You're the best Marc!" I smiled to myself. I knew Marc didn't like breaking the rules. My parents had left All the keys and paperwork to their accounts and properties with Marc's family to pass onto me when I turned eighteen which was in two days. Everything I needed to move out and live on my own. 

It took five minutes for us to find our way back to my house. Chanyeol and Baekhyun making small talk all the way. 

"How old are you?" Chanyeol asked.

"Eighteen in two days," I answered. 

"Whoa you're so young. You don't look that young," Baekhyun marvelled.

I smiled. I didn't think so, but it felt good that they were talking to me. Really good. 

"What's your name again?" Chanyeol asked.

"Jewel Te." Kai answered. I glanced at him. He had a poker face on. I saw D.O looking at him too. 

"Why are you helping us?" Baekhyun asked, "Is it because I'm so handsome? Because I'll understand completely." 

I couldn't help, but laugh. Baekhyun looked surprised, but then he broke into laughter as well. Looking at him, his facial structure and long dark wavy hair, he was definitely handsome, but I knew that wasn't it. Deep down, there was something I couldn't quite place, something that felt right the moment Kai had given the okay for me to help them.

"Um... Kai and D.O saved my life. And... I just feel like I was meant to do this." 

Baekhyun nodded, giving me a smile. I smiled back. The others seemed to have accepted the vague answer and I was grateful. I don't really know if even I knew the answer. Everything was so confusing.

We had reached my house. 

"Wait here," I felt bad for being so bossy. They were alien princes for goodness sake, but if I got caught... I shivered inwardly. 

The lights were off on the second floor which meant the coast was clear. I ran to the side of the house. Using the drain pipe, I climb onto the roof. 

"JEWEL!" D.O yelled. 

"SHHH!" I whispered now on the first floor roof. 

My heart was thumping. I waited. Nothing sounded. I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding. 

"I'm fine," I mouthed holding up a hand to show them I was alright. Walking down the roof, I reached the last window which I thankfully had left open. Stumbling a little I managed to get into my room, grab the car keys from my desk and slip them in my jeans pocket. I grabbed my backpack, dumped out the contents onto my quilt bedspread. Gently opening my cupboards, I got out some clothes. I threw those into the bag, along with my charger, and the hidden stash of money I had saved up over the years. 

I glanced around my room frantically, nothing else caught my attention. It was a plain room and nothing felt better than knowing I didn't have to step foot in it again. 

I climbed onto the roof again with my backpack and keys pocketed. 

I had almost reached the drain pipe when I lost my footing. Everything seemed to slow down and speed up at the same time. My foot slipped and I was falling backwards. I tried to grab onto something, but there was nothing to grab onto but air. 

All I saw was the moon high in the sky. 

I couldn't even scream as I fell off the roof.