Who Are You?

Exodus: A Tale of Twelve Princes

Jewel's POV

Kai was shaking the two figures on the floor. We were in a park. In fact I came to this park pretty often on days when I didn't want to go home. 

One of the figures groaned, "Kai?" 

The male figure picked himself up. "Oh D.O? What..." He turned a full circle taking in his surroundings. "Where am I?" He asked. I noticed he was dressed in a similar fashion as Kai and D.O. He had messy black hair that framed his pale face nicely. Obviously all of them knew each other, which meant... 

"You're a prince?" I whispered. The three of them turned to me. 

"How did you know to come here?" Kai asked. Huh? That's right, they said I was the one to lead them here, but I had no memory of doing so... Just like before. This had happened before. Once second I was picking myself up from the sidewalk, the next I was in the alley. 

"Who is she? Where am I?" The stranger asked. 

At that moment the other figure woke up as well. He looked just as confused as the first. The second figure was much taller than the first. Big eyes, and ears that stuck out a bit. Both of them were extremely handsome. They shared the same aura as Kai and D.O which only confirmed my suspicions. 

I tilted my head a little lower. You should bow to princes right?

"Hey!" Kai noticed. I jumped back in surprise. "You never bowed to us. We're princes too you know." He was kind of cute when he whined. Like a little boy throwing a tantrum. 

I smiled and dropped my head in a bow in Kai and D.O's direction as well. 

"What is going on?" The taller guy asked in a deep voice. 

"You really don't know Chanyeol? Didn't you and Baekhyun use the Lunar portal to travel to Earth?" 

There eyes widened. The shorter one, Baekhyun, I assumed made a sound. "We're in the human world?" 

Kai and D.O exchanged a look. 
"Why are you here? Did you come here on purpose? We're going to get in so much trouble. Professor Lee will kill us." 

"Professor Lee sent D.O and me here on a mission?" 

Baekhyun looked skeptically. 

"What mission could you possibly have in the human world?" 

"We're going to find the source. Professor Lee said that is was stolen and brought to earth. We need to find it and bring it back home. We need to restore the Exo Planet."

"Find the source? That's it? That's all the information you have to go on? Professor Lee couldn't have been any more specific? No location, no information, no take right at the next kingdom?" Baekhyun asked. He had a good point. Except we didn't really have kingdoms, but I got what he meant. "How are we supposed to find it? Spend our entire lives searching for it in a foreign land?" 

"Woah, what do you mean by we? This is our mission." Kai took a step forward. That seemed to trigger something in Chanyeol, he took a step forward too, blocking Baekhyun. 

"Stop it." D.O's low voice sounded. I marvelled at his deep voice and the effect his word had on the three others. All three froze. 

"Did you come here on your own?" This question he directed at Chanyeol. Chanyeol shook his head. 

"Then you were chosen. You are supposed to be here too." 

"But Hyung-" 

"This isn't something we can control Kai." 

"What do you remember?" 

"Nothing really. I guess we fell asleep. Next thing we knew we woke up here." 

"You fell asleep... together? Is that how you both showed up here together?" D.O asked. 

Chanyeol stumbled backwards.

"That's not- we just- I was- we were talking- we must've been tired and I must've fell asleep in Baekhyun's room. Don't misunderstand." 

Kai chuckled. 

"Shut up, Kai." Chanyeol growled. 

Kai smirked. "I don't remember saying anything to you, Chanyeol." 

"Kai stop it." Baekhyun said, "Show some respect." 

"What has he done to earn respect? Being born months earlier? Why should I have to show him any respect." 

"This punk-" Baekhyun grabbed Chanyeol's arm, stopping him from launching himself at Kai. 

"Kai please stop," D.O was holding on to Kai's arm, but then Kai disappeared. I couldn't believe my eyes. Where did he go?

In the blink of an eye, Kai appeared right in front of Chanyeol. Did he just teleport? 

Chanyeol's hand blazed. Fire erupted in the palm of his hand. 

D.O pulled Kai back, but Kai just disappeared again. He reappeared a distance away. 

"You want to fight? Let's fight. Go ahead, throw your little fire. Catch me if you can." The edge to his voice shook me out of the stupor I was in. I could feel the danger in the air. I could feel the change in the atmosphere. They were really going to hurt each other. 

"STOP! Please. Don't fight. What are you doing?" I ran to grab Kai's arm. Using all my strength, I turned him around so I could see his face. "Please, don't fight. Don't hurt each other." 

He stared at me. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Chanyeol's fire disappear as well. 

Thank goodness. I sighed in relief. 

"Who is the girl?" Baekhyun asked behind me. 

Kai hadn't moved. "That's a good question." He leaned over me, not breaking eye contact. "Who are you?"