Real retribution

Clarity of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*****

"Life never ceases from get into a whirlwind of fate, and we will just keep receiving the ordeals."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Yunho dashed out from his office as soon he had heard from Yoochun about Jaejoong’s presence. He chased after the man, knowing very well he might be in deep trouble if he let the other go with a wrong idea in his mind.

As he reached the ground floor of his office building; his wondering eyes didn’t catch any glimpse of his spouse presence. Pulling out his cellphone, he speed dialed Jaejoong’s number, but he could only hear a couple of beeping sounds before it had been turned off. Letting out a frustrating sigh, he got back to his office room, deciding to get his car key and go after Jaejoong. But there, the woman who had given him so much trouble was still waiting him, a satisfied smile plastered on her face.

“Did he disappear?” Yuri asked as she saw Yunho entering the room with a gloomy face.

“Why are you still here? I don’t think we have anything to discuss anymore. And please stop showing your face in front of me from now on.” Yunho sounded pissed off.

 “Don’t tell me… you’ve become really concern about that Jaejoong.”

“Is there a problem if I do? You’re the one who set us up, aren’t you? So now, why can’t you just leave us alone?”

“Whose fault it was to make me do that evil plan?” Yuri’s face was in anger this time. “You’re the one that rejected me by stating that you won’t date anyone, unless you get a chance for one nightstand with a certain someone that you had been chasing like forever. That enough made me feel really agitated, so I decided to ask Yoochun who’s the person that being such hindrance for me to have you. And you know what? I just couldn’t believe it when I discovered the person is actually my own cousin. You’d bumped into him in Yoochun’s lover’s party before, right?” Yuri blurted out all the things that she had graveled by herself.

Yunho stared at her in disbelief.

 “Yeah, I know it all… so what if I took a pathetic way just to have you afterward? I just know you well than the others do. You never take back your word. So, I dared to use Jaejoong since I know how dull that person is, and you might get fed up with him once you know his real self, and leave him like you would always do on others after you get bored of them.” Shamelessly, she let out her true intention while hand tried to reach Yunho’s. “Yunho, I was waiting for you to look at me.”

Yunho pulled away from the touch. “Are you stupid? My words last time were just to trick you and make you stop pestering and bothering me, since I know that won’t happen. I had enough of you keep bugging me, trying to throw yourself on me since our college years. It’s not my fault if you took my word that time seriously. And I can’t believe you could set a trap on your own cousin. This is really... the worst!” Yunho huffed in rage breath upon the revelation.

He still remembered the night where had lead him to this doomed marriage with someone he never dream of. Someone he thought was out of his reach. That night he went clubbing as he usually did, and he was totally wasted after took five shots of tipsy drink. In such a drunken state, the last thing he remembered was he was dragged by Yuri to somewhere. It supposed to be Yoochun who always handled him to get home. But that night, Yoochun’s was busy with taking care of his drunken Junsu. Yuri was the one had offered her help and it was part of his fault too, since he should knew better that the woman would have something up under her sleeve. But he just couldn’t care less that night, as he had just lost oneself and dwelled in a vulnerable state. And the next morning, he was taken by surprise as the flash of the cameras captured the image of him in half on the bed. And what more horrible was… he was not alone, but with a stranger whose face was startled and frozen before him.

In the midst of that chaos, he still could felt a jolt of electrified in his heart as seen the person’s face. As it was someone he never thought he would get a chance to see again after their first meeting, but seemed the other didn’t remember him. That was the day where he started to believe maybe… the destiny did exist between him and that person, named Kim Jaejoong.

“But Yunho, I didn’t intend to trap you till this marriage stage. I just want y-”

“Please stop doing such absurd thing again.” Yunho cut off the woman. “This marriage might be started wrongly, but… I do love Kim Jaejoong. So if anything you do might cause him getting hurt, I won’t let you go with an easy life.” Yunho said with a cold tone and then smirked,

“But thanks to you too, since he has become mine now.” with that said, Yunho grabbed his car key from the side drawer and head out from the room, but not before he noted his secretary to make sure the woman out from his office building sooner.

Yuri gritted her teeth; feeling infuriated took over her whole being as heard Yunho’s declaration. She didn’t expect it was really a wrong step by using Jaejoong to get to Yunho. Since she believed that cousin of her, beside have such beautiful look, he was just a dull and unattractive person ever. She never expected that Yunho was actually serious and fall head over heel on Jaejoong.

*

Jaejoong downed his drink in one shot; face grimacing as the bittersweet alcohol streamed down his throat. It’s been a while he didn’t been in the bar, since the last time his ex-lover left him. His eyes just stared at his empty glass, which was empty as his heart right now. The music that boomed through the whole space didn’t seem bothered his hollow mind at all. No one seems notice his presence either, which was now looked broken.

He dropped his head on his arms that rested on the bar counter. The only thing he got in his impromptu mind now was the thought of he had been fooled by the other man all this time.

Why everything in his life must fall tumbling down when it seemed near to be perfect. Just when he started to admit that happiness he had hoped for does exist, and again, it had just shattered and sent him in this familiar miserable shape.

“So, have you had enough of that Kim Jaejoong? Are you ready to go out with me now?”

The words he had just heard this morning repeated in his mind, sending an agonizing pain struck his chest.

‘Had I let myself easily fall into this tied of trap he created? What a fool… how could I believe those sweet words of him?’

Jaejoong blinked back the tears that threatening to drop from the corner of his eyes. Now, all seemed clear to him as why Yuri had disappeared suddenly, just when he was caught to get married with Yunho last time. But he was curious, what’s the reason for that woman who used to live in the same promiscuous lifestyle as Yunho, had just returned now.

“Was she… his lover?” Jaejoong couldn’t help, but felt another pain jabbed his heart at the possibility. His head felt heavy, and he didn’t have any confident to drive home in such state. Weakly, his hand pulled out his cellphone from his pocket and dialing his younger brother’s number.

Once the call being answered, “Changmin-ah, can you… pick me up now?”

*

Yunho had been walking back and forth in the living room, almost an hour. All the people in the house were already in their room, and luckily his mother didn’t ask much where Jaejoong was. For keeping things from getting worse, Yunho had lied the woman by stating that Jaejoong was having an emergency meeting with his publisher.

He had lost count on how many times he had tried to reach the other, but only got his call rejected and the beeping sounds of the ‘leave a message’ reaching his ear.

‘Jaejoong-ah… Where have you been, sweetheart? Don’t make me worry like this. Call me back if you get this message.’ Also, he lost count on how many voice messages he had flooded into the other’s voicemail.

To make Yunho feel more worsen; he didn’t even know any of Jaejoong’s acquaintance to ask to. Now, he realized how short the time was for him to get know his own spouse. It felt like just yesterday the man started to being approachable, being very tolerant of his every advances, but now, seems he had ruined everything with his stupid and careless move.

Yunho snapped at one name on his caller list as hand kept scrolled down the names on his cell phone screen. He called the number, hoping that one person would know where his Jaejoong was.

“Hello, Changmin…” Yunho greeted as the call being picked up. That was really the first time for him to contact the man, since he got a feeling that younger man seems dislikes him.

“Sorry to bother you. But… yo-”

“Yunho-ssi, if you do not come over here in less than fifteen minutes. Don’t ever dream of seeing my brother ever again.” 

His word was been cut off by the other’s strict warning tone, before his ear caught a loud soud of music background on the other line. “Where are you?”

“At this one club nearby east district area.”

“Wait there until I come. I will arrive in ten minutes.” Yunho grabbed his car key before heading out with the feeling of worry starting to overwhelm him.

*

Changmin let out his rage breath after ending the call with Yunho. He shifted back his look at the forlorn man beside him, who kept chanting his despondency. His heart ached seeing that side of his brother.

“Changmin-ah… finally, finally...I’m free! Let’s take me home! I want to go home…to my real home, return to my old life where there has no one threw me their ridicule look, no one bugging me with their sadistic smile, no one fooled me with their sweet words...” Jaejoong kept chanting with legs staggering to stand up.

“Aish, hyung…” Changmin heaved a sigh and immediately caught the elder as seeing the man almost stumbled ahead. Even he didn’t know the actual reason what had brought the other in such state, but he knew it must be related to the man’s current unhappy life, as seeing how Jaejoong kept saying he wanted to return to the way he live before. Besides that, there have another thing he caught; it seems like Jaejoong had a feeling on his fated husband. If it not, why the other would gotten this drunk because of that man.

Are you really not happy, hyung? Should I take you away from him? Changmin was calculated in his mind whether to keep waiting for Yunho arrival or just take his brother away from the place.

After waiting for almost ten minutes, Changmin glanced to his watch, it almost the time. 

“Hyung, let’s go.” Held the other to stand still, Changmin started walking out from the bar with supporting the feeble Jaejoong by arm on his shoulders.

“You could not even move a step after gotten drunk, but still bother to drink.” He nagged while Jaejoong only had his head hanging low and pouting.

As he successfully dragged Jaejoong out on the entrance,

“I think I made it on time.” a voice of someone stopped his tracks.

Changmin looked up only to see Yunho standing before him.

“So, can you pass him over to me?” Yunho voiced out again.

As he heard that familiar manly voice, Jaejoong brought his mess up face looked up. With his half-sober mind and heavy eyes, he still could make out the man’s face. He frowned.

“No.no.no... Changmin-ah, take me with you… I don’t want to go back with this man.”

Yunho was a bit stunned upon heard the word that had just slipped from those pouty lips of drunk Jaejo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter