The pleasant surprise feeling

Clarity of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*****

“It must have good means to lose the old love and find a new one; might turn the pain to better, when the current reality is finally better than the old memories.”

------------------------------------------------------------------

The time passed unnoticed, today was Jaejoong’s last day of staying in that countryside. After finishing his last work that day, he excused himself to go back to the homestead room before the others, thinking of checking on Yunho, who was alone in their shared room. This morning he had restrained Yunho from tagging along with him to the last site, as considered the man just got injured from what had happened a day before.

Jaejoong reached his room and found the room empty as Yunho was nowhere to be seen. ‘Where’s he? Did he go out to take some fresh air..?’

Since the first day he had been here, nothing good betided him. Jaejoong realized how he had changed a little in his way of treating the man; but he couldn’t help it as an immense amount of guilt took over him by what happened last day. How could he be cold when the other had taken the injury for him?

Jaejoong snapped out of his daze as he realized he had let himself be bothered about that man and decided to pack his things first before checking out that day.

 “Where are my things?” He wondered once he opened the wardrobe and found it empty. He turned towards the door as he heard someone opening it.

“Oh, you’re back?” Yunho beamed as he saw Jaejoong’s presence.

“Yunho, where are my things?” Jaejoong asked with a bit of a frown on his fair face.

“Oh, I already took all your things in the car. I knew you might feel tired from your work today, so I decided to pack up your luggage since I have nothing to do. Besides… I feel better now.” Yunho pointed to his head that was already free of the bandages.

“But…I’m not planning to go back to Seoul today. I just extended my leave for two days more to go somewhere.” Jajeoong voiced out his real plan, even at first was reluctant to let the man know, but seemed he had no choice now.

 “You want to go where?” Yunho got curious looks at the moment.

 “Just…somewhere. You don’t need to know.” Jaejoong said with his eyes looking elsewhere.

Yunho noticed nowadays that the other had started talking with him more nicely than before, but still, Jaejoong never made eye-contact when he was talking to him. He couldn’t help, but feel a tinge of discontent patch inside him for that one fact.

 “Then let me drive you there?” He offered.

Jaejoong knew the man would turn to be insistent again. “No need…I-”

“Or else…you can’t get your things out of my car.”

“What?” Jaejoong eyes widened. ‘Did he try to taunt me, again?’ Jaejoong started showing his indignant looks.

Yunho sighed. He knew there’s no way Jaejoong’s stubbornness could give him an answer if he just asked in a normal way. So he figured he just needed to use that same force on the other even though he would be seen as a bugging and annoying person in the other’s eyes.

“Then tell me where do you want to go?” He walked closer to Jaejoong who was now looking irritated.

Jaejoong stared viciously at the man. He really couldn’t believe this man. But then he huffed in defeat, knowing very well how persistent this man could be and that annoyed him. He with his stubbornness and the man with his persistence; just put no end to their tense situation.

“Fine, I just want to meet my grandma. She’s living not far from here.”

 “Your grandma?” Yunho wondered before a new reason popped out in his mind. “Then I will tag along. I need to greet her.”

“No! Actually…she’s not my real grandma. I’m the one that consider her as my grandma. You can just go back to Seoul and get proper checkup for your injury.” Jaejoong tried reasoning; wanting to prevent the man from tagging along, as his visit actually has another agenda.

“Then, your luggage will stay in my car…” Yunho tried hard not to be aware of the death glare Jaejoong had thrown at him as he spoke those words.

……………

Jaejoong felt frustration boiling in his blood. He just sat quietly in the car while Yunho drove to their destination. Better not open his mouth as he knew he would blow up if he spoke. He couldn’t believe the man just used the same threat on him. ‘I should just let him knocked down last time.’ He grumbled inwardly.

Yunho stole a glance to the pouting Jaejoong beside him. ‘I’m just so pathetic to use such a threat again. But…he’s the most stubborn person I have ever dealt with.’ In the deepest corner of his heart, he knew whose fault it was to make the other behave like that.

…………….

“Halmeoni!” Jaejoong walked hastily to the front gate of the old hanok.

The grandma that was sitting on the porch under the shadowing tree turned to the cherished voice that greeted her. Her face that had looked aloof, now had a big smile on and at once livened the color on her glum face.

“Jaejoongie? Is it…you?” The grandma fumbled in her steps to welcome the young man.

“Yes, it’s me. I missed you!” Jaejoong hugged the older woman tightly, at once feeling closer back to home, better than his own family’s house. Even though the older woman wasn’t related to him by blood, but he had always considered her as his own grandma.

“Aww… I miss you too. It’s been months since you visited me, dear. Just now I was thinking about you.” The grandma patted Jaejoong’s back. “And where’s Ji-” she didn’t end her word as his eyes caught another young man behind Jaejoong.

Jaejoong noticed the confused face of the older woman and his back to look at Yunho who was watching them.

"Who is this?" The woman released her hold on Jaejoong and eyed the man before her.

“Oh, this is Jung Yunho. He…he is…” The grandma seemed to prod Jaejoong to answer her clearly.

“…my husband…” Jaejoong uttered rather low. But the woman still could catch the word, and looked a bit startled.

“Hello, I’m Jung Yunho…” Yunho greeted and gave a proper bow of respect to the elder.

“Hello…” The woman greeted back, not wanting to look too shock by the sudden news she just heard.

“It’s…a long story.” Jaejoong mumbled with his head still hanging low.

“Better tell me from the start.” The grandma gave a stern look.

……………………………………

“Junsu…...” Yoochun called softly to the latter that laid quietly on the long couch while watching Tv. The man had ignored him since two days now. He can’t stand it anymore when the smaller man just kept pretending not to hear or see him each time he made his approach.

“Su-ah…”

“………..” Still the silence was his response.

“Junsu-ah, please… how long do you want to keep ignoring me?”

Junsu sprung up to sat on the couch shooting a vicious stare at the other man. “How long? Until you tell me what kind of a trick you used to help your friend this time?!”

“What’s there to explain, obviously people get married because of love. How many times I need to explain that?” Yoochun scratched his head.

 “Liar…” Junsu got up from his seat and was about to walk to the bedroom.

“Okay I add…desire?” Junsu glared again for the answer given.

“Aish, why are you being so eager to know the story behind my friend’s marriage? And even need to treat your own husband so coldly like this?”

Junsu stopped in his track and turned back to Yoochun with a more irritated face. “Because I knew you must be hiding something from me. And plus, this is related to someone I know. So I need to know.”

“Someone you know? Who?” As Yoochun words seemed pointed to that certain someone, the phone on their living room rang and Junsu was the one, who picked up the call.

Yoochun just eyed the other and waited for Junsu to finish the call.

“Changmin-ah…have you got my reply? Sorry I just read your message.”

Yoochun’s eyes widened upon hearing the unknown name slipped out from his Junsu’s lips. ‘Who’s that? C-changmin? Who’s Changmin?’ Yoochun frowned curiously.

“Okay…I know. I will see you later.” Junsu said with a smile plastered on his face after hanging up the call.

‘What? Even I haven’t received his smile for two days? How could that other person receive it even just through the phone?!!’ Yoochun felt something getting on his nerve.

“I’m going out.” Junsu said as he walked past the other to his room to get changed.

“I don’t allow it.” Yoochun snapped from his trance and blurted out his thought sternly.

Ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter