Unuttered words

Clarity of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Unbeta-ed]

*****

‘You have to love. You have to feel. It is the reason you are here on earth. You are here to risk your heart.’

...............................................................

“Hyung, how is it? Do you want to go with me?” Changmin asked the man that stoned on the couch across of him, who looked pensive somewhere else.

“Hyung, I’m asking you, not a wall. Are you listening or…” Changmin’s voice dragged to slow as he noticed his brother’s eyes were staring towards the dining room, not far from the living room where they were seating.

Changmin, then, fully turned at the direction where the man was looking at. There, he found Jung Yunho was seating in the dining room. The man was concentrated reading a newspaper while eating his breakfast. Just like previous Saturday morning, Changmin would be at the couple house to pay his usual visit. Since, he knew his brother got two weeks off from work due to his unwell condition, and being a kind younger brother to the other, he would often came to visit his brother to brighten up the man’s weekend.

Changmin cleared his throat, trying to grab Jaejoong’s attention back to him. But still, the elder one seemed in his own world with eyes still glued to his husband’s face.

“Hyung, I’m talking to you.”

“…….......”

“Hyung..?”

“………....”

“Hyung, I’m leaving now!”

“Huh? What?” Jaejoong jumped in his seat as Changmin’s voice was a bit loud this time, pulling him back to present.

“Gosh, are you really having a crush on him or what?” Changmin asked in disbelief tone. Then, a playful smirk tugged his lips when he saw Jaejoong’s face was reddening with a cute pout decorated the man’s lips.

“Okay, I’m not going to mocking you.” Changmin chuckled.

“Then, why are you smirking?” Jaejoong scowled as he smacked his younger brother on the back.

“Ouch, that’s hurt.” Changmin grunted while faking a hurt expression. “Violence is not good for pregnancy, you know?”

Another smack landed on Changmin’s back as he kept teasing his brother who was lately seemed back to his normal self. He was glad he could cheer up the man, at least.

Not aware by those two brothers; a pair of almond-shaped, dark brown eyes of Yunho were actually eying them all the time. Yunho could feel a glad feeling patched on his heart as he saw the beautiful smile decorated Jaejoong’s paler face. The smaller man could be himself when there was someone he comfortable with accompanying him.

That was also one of the reasons why Yunho would always excuse himself when there was someone else accompanied his Jaejoong, since he knew the smaller man can laugh and speak freely when he was not around. Also, this morning, he had intentionally come down late to having a breakfast, just wanted to give some space for Jaejoong to be with his younger brother.

That thought did hurt him, to think he was not the one that able to bring that smile on his spouse’s face. But, to thought the other could at least be happy with his family’s presence, was enough to make him self-aware of not to be so greedy. As long Kim Jaejoong could still smiled was enough for him, rather than saw a dismal or unease expression on Jaejoong’s face when each time he came near the man. He felt guilty and disturbed. Was he really someone who can only bring an infelicity to his spouse?

“What did you ask me just now?” Jaejoong asked Changmin who showed him a sulking face.

“I was asking you accompany me to my lecturer’s birthday party.” Changmin said lazily. That was a second times he had to repeat.

“Oh…I don’t know I can go or not.” Jaejoong said as he glanced to the man who was still intently reading today’s newspaper. Unbeknownst to him, the man was just pretending.

“I thought you’re not interested with the thing I’ve talked. Seem you have put your interest on someone who is seating over there.” Changmin said with lips pointed at Yunho who was in the dining room.

“Changmin, stop it.” Jaejoong hushed his younger brother, who today seems over talk than usual.

“Stop what? Hyung, tell me. Have you really fallen in love with him?”

“W-what…kind of question is this?” Jaejoong stuttered by the sudden question.

“It’s just a simple question, hyung. Tell me, yes or no.”

“Min, stop it.”

“Yes or no.” Changmin still demanded.

“I won’t answer you.”

“So, that is a ‘yes’.”

“What? No!”

“Oh, really? Then should I help you to persuade him to let you go? It is almost a year, hyung. Why would you spend the whole of your life with someone you do not love, right?” Changmin raised his brows.

Jaejoong gawked as heard the statement. ‘Does happiness really not exist in this marriage?’ He bit his bottom lips, felt disturbed by the sudden awareness that had just struck him.

“There’s no need, Min.”

“Why?” Changmin asked again, seemed trying to force the elder to spit out his true feeling. He knew well and can even tell whether that brother of his was telling the truth or not.

“I…I can settle this problem myself.”

“Hmm…but I can make your work easy and settled quickly.” Changmin convinced. He smirked as Jaejoong looked agitated, a proof that his brother was indeed lying about not feeling anything towards the man named Jung Yunho. “So, what do you say hyung?”

“No, I can-”

“What are you guys talking about?”

Jaejoong’s word died mid-way as the man that they were talking about, suddenly, came approached him from behind, making him fidget in his seat.

Yunho caught that uneasy expression on Jaejoong’s face once he made his way into the living room to joining them. He tried to obliterate the feeling of hurt from shooting into his heart by the thought his presence had just break the comfortableness surrounding his spouse.

Changmin looked at his brother who suddenly became silent and had his face looked down once Yunho settled down beside him. He smirked as got another answer for his own question before. Seeing his brother didn’t seem to answering Yunho, he started voice out.

“Actually we’re talking about yo-”

“About going out to his lecturer’s birthday party.” Jaejoong cut off immediately, before Changmin blurted out the exact things they were discussed about. Who knows what his daring younger brother would blurt out carelessly, if he didn’t cut him short. The younger man was unpredictable, just like him.

“Oh, I see…  When is the party?” Yunho asked.

“It’s tonight.” Changmin answered again.

 “So, are you going?” Yunho turned to look at Jaejoong, indicating he was asking the man.

Jaejoong looked up and saw Yunho’s anticipated face, waiting for his answer.

“I don’t mind if you want to go since Changmin will be going with you.” Yunho added. “At least you can have fun out there. You can go if you wa-”

“Of course I’m going. Since being in this house just makes me feel suffocated.” Jaejoong blurted out, cut the other man short.

Yunho forced a smile of understand upon heard the answer, which made Jaejoong slightly felt half-regretted.

He didn’t know why he spitted those prickle words out toward the man. He just felt burning inside out of sudden, as Yunho seemed at ease if he went out rather than be with him in their house.

Here the issue came again, when talk about Yunho seemed putting a gap between them lately. Not enough with the man loved coop up in his workroom which made him rare to see the man presence in their house lately, Yunho would also leave him if there was someone else with him, just like now, the man would take it as a chance to leave him alone. And now, the way the man gave him a permission to go out, just like he was glad to have him out of the house without the need to worry about taking care of him anymore.

‘He seems really trying hard to get rid of me... Does the feeling of love he feels on me already dies?’ Jaejoong thought with a strong petulant feeling shrouded him at the moment.

 

***

“Hyung, what’s wrong? Cheer up!” Changmin nudged his brother who looked glum since he picked the man up from his resident. Now, both of them were already at his lecturer’s mansion, attending the man’s birthday party.

“Hyung, let me take you to meet my lecturer.”

Jaejoong heaved a sigh and just nodded while arranged his steps to follow his younger brother to meet the said man. Actually he was not in the mood to go out, since he was still sulking on Yunho’s attitude lately.

“Changmin-ah, you’re here.” A squeal voice of someone grabbed both brothers attention as they stepped on the house’s gate.

“What a surprise. You told me you can’t make it to coming tonight because of your part time job.” The smaller man who had a bubbly smile on his face welcomed them at the entrance.

“Your birthday is only once in a year, so I’ve decided to ask someone to replace my shift tonight.”

“Aww…sweet talk, uh.” The smaller man said with a bright smile still shown on his face. His eyes then shifted to Jaejoong who was been in silent at the moment beside Changmin.

“Oh, you’re Changmin’s brother, Kim Jaejoong, right?”

Jaejoong looked a bit astounded as the man kn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter