Love more

Clarity of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[un-betaed]

*****

'If you love and get hurt, love more. If you love more and hurt more, love even more. If you love even more and get hurt even more, love some more until it hurts no more...'  - William Shakespeare

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

The moment Yunho pulled his car into the parking lot; a big warm smile crept over his lips as he spotted the presence of another car that was already in its usual spot.

‘Is he got home early, today?’ He got out of his car and made his way to the entrance.

Once he stepped in, Yunho caught a pleasant smell of cooking and directly arranged his steps toward the kitchen where he sure the other presence in the house was. Another smile extended across his face as he was greeted by the sight of Jaejoong, who had his back facing him, cooking something for their dinner while humming in a low, soft voice. That was the first time he seen that sight of Kim Jaejoong, and it warmed his heart.   

Stealthily, Yunho stepped closer to the smaller man who didn’t even aware of his presence since too engrossed with the task in hand.

“Smell good. What are you cooking, Boo?” Yunho whispered as he hugged the smaller man’s from behind.

Jaejoong gasped, the ladle in hand almost dropped. “Yunnie!” He slapped Yunho’s hand that circled around his waist, his heart almost jumped out of surprised.

Yunho let out a gentle chuckle as Jaejoong’s huffed and grumbled. “You almost make my heart stopped.”

“I’m sorry…I’m sorry. I won’t do it again.” He grinned while tightened his arms around the smaller man’s waist and rested his chin on Jaejoong’s right shoulder. The palm of his hand rubbed the clothed skin of Jaejoong’s belly which carrying their baby almost three months now. Even the bump on Jaejoong’s belly was still barely seen, but there held a bundle of happiness in Yunho’s life. He could picture a complete, perfect future that he’d been dreaming of with his spouse.

Jaejoong took a deep breath and tried to ignore the warm body that plastering against his back, Yunho seemed fond to be clingy these days. He tried to remain calm when the man’s breath tickled his nape, but all his attempts failed when he felt Yunho’s lips started travelling across his neck, tracing a tender kisses. He felt warm and fuzzy feeling run down throughout his body.

“Yunnie, stop it. I’m cooking here.”

“Stop what?” Yunho murmured, but still didn’t stop from his seductive move.

“Yunnie, I…I’m smelly…” Jaejoong tried reasoned, as he fidgeting in the man’s arms with one of his hands stirring the beef stew he was cooking.

“Hmm…I don’t mind one bit. Your smell is always addictive to me.” Yunho pecked the exposed skin of Jaejoong’s smoothies shoulder, loves take in the whiff of Jaejoong’s vanilla, sweet scent which always sending him a placate feeling.

Jaejoong giggled at the ticklish kiss. “Ah, you’re good at lying.”

“No, it’s true.” Yunho said as he peering at the side of Jaejoong’s face. “You know, I always become blind once you are standing in front of me. I mean…I just love all about you.”

Jaejoong couldn’t help but feeling his heart fluttered. “Then…even I’m smelly, getting old and ugly?”

“Yes, even you’re smelly, getting old and ugly, you’re still my Jaejoongie. The one and only!” Yunho said affirmatively as he nuzzled his nose into Jaejoong’s neck, making the other almost yelped at the ticklish.

Yunho chuckled and tightened his arms around the fragile lad. It had been a week since they both declared their mutual feeling. Yunho felt some kind of new contentment had settled into his soul, as the day where he had been waiting since long finally came. Even so, there was still one thing that made him felt troubled. One thing that he didn’t dare to ask Jaejoong up till now, it was about Jaejoong still staying in a separate room. Somehow it made Yunho felt the real time where he supposed to spend with holding his wife in his arms is far from being fulfilled.

He just didn’t want to make a drastic move when this relationship had just getting better. He didn’t want to mess up everything again, like last time he did. This time, he wished it would be lasting. Therefore, he just took a very slow pace to mend back their shattered relationship, despite it was strange enough for a legally married couple to live in separate rooms. Yunho knew the time will come where he needs to take the last step, to close the remnants of that invisible gap in this relationship. But he was somewhat waver when he could make that last step.

“Yunnie…” Jaejoong peeled his body from Yunho a bit, taking a better look at the man’s face that suddenly fell into silence.

Yunho hummed in response, his head still rested on Jaejoong’s shoulder.

“What’s wrong?” Jaejoong turned off the stove before he fully turned around to face Yunho. He could see the uncertainty shadowed the man’s eyes.

“Uh, nothing…” Yunho shook his head and smiled weakly. “I’m just hungry.”

“Then go get shower, I’ll serve dinner now.” Jaejoong smiled. Yunho nodded and leaned down to kiss Jaejoong’s cheek before he walked out from the kitchen.

Jaejoong stared at the retreating back of his husband, as the man walked upstairs with shoulders slumped.

‘Does he have a problem at work?’ Jaejoong thought, didn’t feel convinced at all by the reason Yunho gave him. But it was better to ask the man when he looked ready to talk the real thing.

*

During the dinner, Jaejoong kept eyeing Yunho who sat across of him. The previous weak smile and troubled expression displayed on the man’s face were still bothering him. But he couldn’t find a right word to ask the man.

“Joongie…”

“Huh?” Jaejoong looked up instantly at Yunho’s sudden call.

“Does my look enthrall you that much?” Yunho asked with an impish grin played on his lips. 

“W-what..?” Jaejoong looked dumfounded by the sudden question.

“Because you’re keep looking at me, and still not eating your food while I’m already half way of finishing mine.”

Jaejoong looked down at his plate and realized his obvious, stupid action. “Oh...” his face flushed. His mind was so occupied with his thinking until he didn’t even start touching his food yet.

“Oh sorry, I forgot to comment your cooking today.” Yunho smiled, misinterpreted that the other was waiting for his impression about the food he had cooked.

“I… I’m not bothering about that.” Jaejoong mumbled with face dropped down.

“Huh, then?”

“Previously… you seem have something bothering your mind. Mind to tell me?” Instead of answering, Jaejoong voiced out his curiousness.

Yunho’s expression changed, he didn’t think Jaejoong would be that sharp and caught his troubled look. That thought alone simply made him happy though, as the other’s mind was actually occupied with him. He felt loved – despite how pathetic it seems.

Yunho smiled and shook his head. “It’s not important though. Don’t mind about it.”

“But I can’t just ignore it. Aren’t we supposed to share everything together whether it’s a good or bad, and important or not? If there’s something bothering you, better say it out.” Jaejoong blurted out.

Yunho stunned for a moment before he put down his spoon, searching for the right words. “Fine, if you insist…” He paused and took a deep breath. “Jaejoongie, do you mind...if I’m asking you to move into my room? I mean…why do you have to stay in a separate room?”

Just like he afraid that sudden issue would freak out the other, Yunho caught Jaejoong’s freeze expression, the smaller man stiffened in his seat.

He knew it! Jaejoong was still yet ready to sleep on the same bed with him.

Silence lingering in seconds before Yunho forced out a small chuckle, making Jaejoong looked up at him questioningly, as he tried to make the current poignant silence turned back normal.

“Don’t look stress up, Boo. I understand whatever your decision is. I’ll just wait until you’re ready. Well, since good things come to those who wait, isn’t it?” He tried to joke out, showing he was not forcing, but it couldn’t helped from feeling his heart twitching as he saw Jaejoong’s dither look by his sudden request. He knew he was not a patient man to begin with, but when he started loving the person named Kim Jaejoong, he knew the taste of the need to be in forbearance and endurance. For that one person, he felt like he could spend forever in his waiting.

After finished their dinner, Yunho got up first from his seat.

“Leave it here, I’ll do it.” Jaejoong tried to stop the man when Yunho picked up his plates.

“It’s okay. You already cook. So, let me clean this up.” Yunho said and leaned down to Jaejoong’s face, pecking the tip of Jaejoong’s pointy nose, making the latter’s cheeks flushed hard by his sudden and simple gesture.

“Err…then, I’ll help you.”

“If you insist...” Yunho smiled amusedly as he saw a shade of pink tainted those paler cheeks of Jaejoong.

*

Yunho closed his notebook, done checking his staff’s report via email. He was ready to get on the bed when he heard the light footstep approached his bedroom’s door before it stopped momentarily. He stayed still in his seat, eyes looking down at the gap under the door, tried confirming something when the person outside seems pacing back and forth in front of his room.

After minutes of waiting for a knock on his door that didn’t seem to happen, Yunho got up from his seat and walked toward the door. He pulled the door opened; revealing Jaejoong’s startled face that seemed had stopped in his pace abruptly. Those big-rounded eyes of him widened as he turned around and met the wondering look on Yunho’s face.

“Why aren’t you in bed yet, sweetheart? What’s wrong?” Yunho’s brows bunched up as he saw the lad’s hands were fiddling with the hem of his pajama with face looked restless.

“I…I can’t sleep…” Jaejoong said in a low, hesitated voice.

Yunho locked his eyes on the fidgety man, examining Jaejoong’s expression intensely before he got the hint what the other was trying to convey to him.

“C-can I… sleep here tonight?” Jaejoong muttered, eyes looking down, avoiding Yunho’s look.

For a moment, Yunho was speechless. Words failed him; his eyes only stared down at the person before him which shockingly looked quite spoilt tonight.

“Erm…I guess, I can’t?” Jaejoong bit his bottom lips nervously, as the man before him still didn’t give a response.

As awareness down upon him, Yunho pulled Jaejoong into his arms. He kissed the top of the Jaejoong’s head. “Of course you can, Boo.” He mumbled as arms tightened around the other. He couldn’t hold hims

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter