Feel all alone

Clarity of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[un-betaed]

*****

‘Sometimes, the best way to get a person’s attention is to stop giving them yours.’

---------------------------------------------------------------

Jaejoong heaved a sigh once he settled down on the bed. He just threw an empty stare into the space. For the moment, he felt really tired, empty and have no energy to think about other matter beside the upsetting thing that happened last night. He knew it was so stupid and pathetic of him to just discover the true feeling that he has for his husband now.

He held his head in his palms, fingers massaging his temples furiously, as it felt heavy with a throbbing pain. When he was about to laying his fatigue body on the bed, a soft knock on the hotel room door brought him to forcing himself to get up and get the door.

Once he opened it, the unexpected face of someone revealed, making his heart cringed for unknown reason. In reflect; he tried to close the door back but Yunho’s hand was fast to block it from shut.

“Ugh, please leave me...alone!” Jaejoong, being stubborn and desperate to avoid the man, kept pushing the door to close, making the man got a bit irritated. Yunho’s strength was overpowered him as in one hard push from the man, the door abruptly opened, Jaejoong stumbled down to the floor at the effect.

“I just want to talk for a while. So don’t try to avoid me.” Yunho said as he stepped into the room.

But as he realized the other’s condition who had just fell due to his harshness, “Sorry…” Yunho muttered guiltily. He then reached out his hand to help the smaller man to get up but,

 “J-just…leave…me.” Jaejoong muttered tremblingly, making Yunho frozen on the spot at the unexpected sight before him.

Suddenly, a torturing painful grip stricken in his chest as saw the dread look that plastered on Jaejoong’s face. His heart felt breaking.

‘Did I've make him look this broken?’

“Jaejoong…I just want to-”

“G-go away!” Jaejoong suddenly winced and scooted backward a bit, as Yunho’s hand try to reach him again.

“J-just for now…p-please…leave me alone.” Jaejoong muttered with a new tear trickled vehemently down his face, he brought his face into his palms as he started sobbing.

‘I’ve made another wrong step…’ Yunho thought as another guilty weighed his heart again, to his already mounting guilt. At the same time he was overwhelmed with shame and unbearable pain. He knew there was no one to blame, but himself.

“I understand…” Yunho said before slowly turned around to make his step out of the room.

Jaejoong looked up at the man’s retreating back with tears suffused his eyes. He didn’t mean to push the man like that and somehow, part of his heart was screaming to stop Yunho from walking away. But he couldn’t help it, the strong feeling of the need to compose himself alone was exceeded everything else for now. His head was filled with mess at the moment.

Jaejoong tried to get up, as soon as he able to stand on his two feet, his sight turned blur while his head feel so heavy. Even he felt like the ground was shaking beneath his feet, and his weight slipping as he fell.

Yunho who was about to reach the door heard a light thud and turned over his back. His eyes widened as he caught the sight of the limb that had already lying on the floor, fell unconscious.

“Jaejoong!”

***

Jaejoong’s eyes cracked open slowly and immediately tried adjusting it to the bright sunlight that shone through the cleft of curtain. He knew where he was as he caught the smell of the hospital.

“You’re finally awake!” A cheerful voice of someone snapped him off from his dozy state. He turned to look at the person and saw Jiyeon who stood near his bed, beaming widely at him.

“Huh, w-why…are you here?” Jaejoong tried to sit up.

“Oh, oppa...obviously, we’re taking care of you!” The girl said cheerfully again while gave the other a help to sitting up on the bed properly.

‘We?’ Jaejoong wondered what the word implied to until he got his answer as the door opened, and revealed In Young’s face who started stepped into the room.

The woman smiled upon realized the one on the bed seems shocked to see her presence. Somehow, Jaejoong felt strange, as it was first time his mother in-law threw him a smile.

“You’re awake now. What a glad…” The woman said with a relief expression plastered her face.

Jaejoong couldn’t help, but got a blank look for a moment. His mind tried to collecting back what had happened before. Then his eyes widened as he remember he had fainted, and to be accurately, this wasn’t the place.

“Jiyeon-ah, can you leave us for a while. I need to talk something with Jaejoong privately.” In Young suddenly ordered.

“Oh, okay. I understand.” Being a good daughter as she was, Jiyeon obeyed her mother and threw Jaejoong an over-brighten smile before she makes her way out. That was enough to put a skeptical look on Jaejoong’s face.

After the door closed, Mrs. Jung turned to the latter on the bed again that looked jaded and sickly pale.

“Why don’t you tell me?”

“Huh? Tell…what?” Jaejoong frowned in confuse at the woman's sudden question.

“You’re pregnant almost two months, you didn’t know?” The woman said.

Jaejoong stunned for a moment upon heard the statement before slowly, a realization down into him. It was like months ago since Yunho and him had their first night, when they were in the countryside for work-related matter back then; or rather say Yunho’s sneaky plan in the first place that brought them there. Now, this was the consequence afterward.

“I…am I?” Jaejoong brought his trembling hand to feel his stomach. It was hard to believe that he was carrying another soul in his being.

“Yes, you are.” This time Mrs Jung gave a warm smile to Jaejoong, who still in his disbelief look.

Without he noticed, a streak of tears flowing on his cheeks which made his mother in-law a bit surprised.

“Huh, what’s wrong? Are you hurt somewhere, dear?” In Young got a worried look.

Jaejoong didn’t answer. Instead, he continued sobbing as he brought his knees up and hands clenched over his body. He just realized how totally stupid he was, for being a reckless person; he had showed his protest and stubbornness towards his husband all these time with overly worked himself up until late at night. And that wasn’t just it, the worst part was, he kept consoled himself with booze, at the thought all the mess that he had bear could be forgotten once he was drunk. But he never thought, at the same time, he was risking another life that day by day was growing in his womb.

“Jaejoong, do you feel pain anywhere? If it so, I’ll call a doctor now.” In Young said in panic.

“N-no…I…I don’t feel any pain.” Jaejoong managed to speak between his sob. “I…I just feel like crying, just it.” He added to assure the woman who still looked worried.

Suddenly, he felt a warm hug around his shaking limb and a soft pat on his back, as for the first time ever; his mother in-law had given him a sincere gesture. It such a long time he didn’t feel a motherly touch, and he never thought he would be able to feel it again.

“Actually, the thing that I wanted to say is…I’m sorry behalf of my impudent son. I’ve know the truth now, Jaejoong.”

Jaejoong stiffened in the woman’s arms, as another shock stricken him. At the thought his mother in-law had knew the truth? And… how far the woman knew?

Jaejoong could felt his chest getting constricted as he waiting the woman’s next words.

“I…I apologies for ever accused you before. When the truth is…my son is the one tricked you to married him. But, now, how can I put this…” Mrs. Jung took a long breath before continued,

“I’ve turned to feel so glad that it’s you that Yunho had chosen. Because all these time, that uncommitted son of mine just didn’t know how to settle down. I’m glad that you’re the one who brought a good new change in my Yunho.” She said truthfully while kept giving a soft pat on Jaejoong’s back; that worked to give the smaller man a soothing feeling.

Jaejoong’s cry slowly ceased. He felt a bit relief as his mother in-law only knew that far; seemed the woman still didn’t know the turmoil that storm into his marriage currently. Jaejoong gapped himself a bit from her hug.

“Y-Yunho….where is he?” Finally, he blurted out the question that he so wanted to ask in the first place.

“Oh, I think he’s going out for a while. He looked depressed since two days after received his lesson. He had refused to leave your side before, so just now I’d to use force to make him go out to take a fresh air.” She explained.

“Two…days?” Jaejoong looked shocked again, knowing he had been unconscious that long.

“Yes, and you know how worry we are? Now, I and Jiyeon will take care of you when Yunho wasn’t around. Also, Jiheon in her way to pay you a visit too.”

Jaejoong looked alarmed as heard his sister in-law’s name. As he knew, how that Yunho’s first sister hated him to the core. Mrs Jung who seemed noticed that expression smiled knowingly.

“You know, she’s regretting her fault now after know the truth too. She’s waiting for you to wake up to apologize.” She added.

“Oh, I’ll bring you a good food to refill your body with a good nutrition. Look at you now, how can Yunho let you turn to be this skinny. That bad son, I think one smack he got before still not enough in making him a good husband to you. I’ll make sure to give him more lessons later.”

Unconsciously, a small smile crawled onto Jaejoong’s face as he listened to Mrs. Jung discontent babbling on her son. At least, now, he found a new side of bliss, as he could feel he was been accepted in the Jung’s household – his new family.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter