Reach the heart

Clarity of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[un-betaed]

*****

"Today's worries are yesterday's fears and tomorrow's stories."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaejoong stuffed the cart with all the things that he had listed on his iPhone, before pushing it to the cashier counter. It was rare for him to shopping groceries since he married. But today, he needed a distraction, to distract himself from dwelling into distressfulness. As if he was alone at home, he would probably be restless – keep thinking Yunho’s day to leave was getting closer. The man was going to leave tomorrow, and yet he had nothing to say about that.

After what had happened at the party a couple of night before, he rather asked Changmin to take him home than going back with Yunho. He was really mad and sad at that time to even talk with the man. Until today, Jaejoong had ignored the man. He still felt hurt, even he knew the reason of the man have to leave is because of an urgent work, but still, the thought about Yunho was trying to get rid of him seems true as he pondered it back.

Jaejoong decided to stop by at a café on his way home, grabbing a chance to having his alone time. He needed to compose himself, before facing Yunho at home.

As he settled down in the café at one table near the glass wall, a woman in a casual dress approached him. Jaejoong looked up as aware of the other presence, and his eyes grew its size upon seen the person. The woman pulled out a chair and settled before him without waiting a word of inviting from the stunned him.

“You, where have you been hidden all these times?” Jaejoong voiced out first. Suddenly, anger strikes him.

“What a surprise to see you here, alone…without a company?” Yuri smiled smugly, not answering the other question.

“Aww…don’t look at me like that, you should greet me nicely after such a long time didn’t see this cousin of yours.” Yuri added.

“You…this is all your doings from the beginning, right?” Jaejoong said through gritted teeth. He felt burning inside by the ignorance expression on his cousin’s face, still had a gut to show up before him. Not the least compunction shown on the woman face for what she had done to his life – causing his life to be in damnable path.

“What? You’re not happy with your marriage life?” A mocking smile tugged Yuri’s lips. “Serve you right, Kim Jaejoong. You were always stealing all the attention of the men that I’d aimed.”

Those words made Jaejoong’s brows cloud in confusion. “What did you mean? I…I don’t understand… why did you set a trap on him with me?”

“Huh, you’re totally ignorance, aren’t you? You know well how I loved to change my partner a lot. It’s because I have never had a feeling for them. But, that Jung Yunho is different, not just because he is the heir of the Jung but also the man that able to moved me and give me the urge to make him mine. But…how could out of all people, he had set his eyes on you?” Yuri’s voice laden with jealousy and resentment, which made Jaejoong clear the reason behind the other covet looked.

“If your marriage with him is not a happy one, why not asking him to let you go? Ask him for a divorce.” Yuri’s voice turned serious this time, her eyes seem flicked with full of hopes.

Jaejoong tried to calm himself down, collecting all the rational thoughts before he reciprocate, “I feel sorry for you.”

“What?” A grim frown plastered Yuri’s face.

Jaejoong took a deep breath before looking up straight at her. “I feel sorry for you. You’re all wrong. Who said I’m not happy with my current life? To your disappointment, I’m currently happy with him as I never thought to be married to a caring and gentle person like him. So, all thank to you for handed me such a perfect, rich and kind man.”

Yuri bit her lower lip, hand was in a fistful grip, trying to hold her sudden rage. “Tch, don’t put a lie just to cover up your despondency, Kim Jaejoong. I know there’s an insurmountable problem in your marriage right now.”

Jaejoong tried to remain calm and cool. He knows to show his fury means he would lose to the other. As he was about to open his mouth to retaliate, his phone on the table rang. He wanted to ignore the call at first, but as he caught the name that beeping on his cell’s screen; a small smile adorned his face as an idea hits his mind.

Without hesitation, he picked up the phone.

“Jaejoong, where are you?” A worried voice of Yunho could be heard on the other line. “It’s getting dark now. I just call to make sure if you’re fine out there alone.”

“Oh, Yunnie… I’m fine. Don’t worry about me. I’ll be back soon for dinner.” Jaejoong spoke with eyes looked straight at the hating face of Yuri, who was staring at him with envious and vengeance as informed with whom he was talking to on the other line.

“Uh, erm…then drive home carefully. Call me if there’s anything happens.”

Jaejoong caught Yunho’s voice seems astounded by the way he answered the call, as usually he would hardly picked up the man’s call.

“I’m sorry. Seems Yunho is waiting for me at home. I need to go now.” Jaejoong said after he ended the call. He got up from his seat, ignoring the woman with supreme aplomb, who was still staring dagger at him, jealousy and anger was clearly shown on her surface.

“Oh, one more thing…I hope you can forget about my man. Because…we’ve been together right now.” Jaejoong uttered those last words, before walked out from the café, leaving Yuri speechless and reflects on his unexpected words.

*

Jaejoong halting his car on the side road, found a place to calm himself. He drew his body resting on the seat. His fake confident face before slowly changed into a miffed look. His eyes began to glaze.

“Because…we’ve been together right now? What a good lie, Jaejoong....” He mumbled to himself. One hand clenched his chest while the other one gripped the steering wheel. It hurts so much to thought the reality is actually a contradiction from what he had just said. But to get back at the woman, he just blurted out whatever came into his mind without thinking. At least he felt contented, seeing his cousin’s face in defeated.

“…how could out of all people, he had set his eyes on you?”

Yuri’s previous words came bothering him as he thought back of what made the woman had keeping such hatred on him.

Those words somehow made him curious, seems there was something that he was still unclear. The woman sounds like, that Jung Yunho had his eyes on him for a very long time.

Jaejoong had his mind drifting deep into that curiousness, until the incident that happened at the party a couple of night before flashed back on him. Also Yoochun’s words at that time when he fell into the pool, from the man’s words, it sounded like something similar ever happened before.

Suddenly, his deep thoughts started taking him into his vague box of memories, which seems to be faded away as the time passed by.

Jaejoong let out a small gasp, as he finally remembered where the first time he had ever meet the man named Jung Yunho.

“Is he…that guy?”

*

[Flash back]

Jaejoong felt loss, as there was no one at the party which he knows, besides Changmin, the one that had dragged him there.

He made his way to the buffet table near the pool area. Took a glass of drink from the table, he sipping his drink while eyes searching for his younger brother, who had lost after meeting his buddies. As his eyes were busy roaming around, Jaejoong had a feeling like there was another eye that seemed eyeing him.

He turned his head to the other side, and his eyes met with the deep-brown eyes of the devastatingly handsome, tall man that was staring at him.

The man was standing only a few feet away from him, with hand also held a glass of drink. Jaejoong frowned at the way the man looked him. He felt uncomfortable under that fixated gaze.

Seemed knowing the other was annoyed; the man threw a big-warm smile at Jaejoong while hand lifted up his glass in a cheer gesture.

Jaejoong slightly turned to look away, not replying the smile or the gesture of ‘hye’ the man sent him.

This was why he hated to go to someone’s party where he didn’t even know anyone. He’s not the type that knows how to be jaunty or mingles with crowd. He just came because of Changmin had asked him for the company, to attend his homeroom teacher’s party. And now, seemingly he was been left behind as the sight of that younger boy was nowhere to be seen.

“Are you alone?” Jaejoong jumped at the sudden voice by his side. He fidgeted a little, as found the man had already stood near him. He didn’t even notice when the other came, as eyes still kept searching for hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter