six: stupid

Boy Problems
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

#6: Stupid

 

 

Jihoon curses.

 

 

He realises that he left his phone over at Seungcheol’s but he doesn’t want to go there. The younger contemplates on whether he should really go and visit him or not.

 

 

He ponders around the house as he thinks about the following Monday. Is it possible to wake up without an alarm? The boy scoffs at himself, knowing too well that he’d probably never wake up if he doesn’t get his phone back.

 

 

Eventually, Jihoon trudges out his home in a thick sweater and jeans. He shoves in his earphones to block out any unnecessary noise and walks in the cold evening night to Seungcheol’s home.

 

 

He doesn’t understand himself as he shoves his hands in his pockets. His fingers curl gently around the two tickets he received from Soonyoung earlier and his heart thumps loudly. Maybe he can also ask Seungcheol to join him whilst getting his phone back.

 

 

Maybe.

 

 

It’s not too far but is considered quite a long walk. By the time Jihoon does arrive, its already six in the evening. Jihoon is breathing heavily but he doesn’t waste time and moves up the small steps before knocking on the door.

 

 

He nervously waits outside. His fingers tighten and loosen around the tickets in his hands.

 

 

To his surprise, a male with long hair answers the door. Jihoon feels his voice being caught in his throat and his lips dry, his heart dropping too quickly.

 

 

“Jihoon, right?” the male asks with a smile.

 

 

Jihoon doesn’t smile back. He moves back and shakes him head before a small chuckle erupts from his small body.

 

 

“I’m so stupid,” Jihoon says before shaking his head at the confused male. “I’m sorry, I made a mistake.”

 

 

The small boy turns his back, his ears managing to pick up Seungcheol’s faint, “Jeonghan, who is it?”

 

 

Jihoon suddenly picks up his pace, his feet are moving fast and the wind is growing stronger. It whips his face and his nose and cheeks sting but he doesn’t stop.

 

 

He keeps running, running and running.

 

 

He runs from the confrontation of Jeonghan and Seungcheol’s relationship.

 

 

He runs from the fact that Seungcheol is drifting slowly.

 

 

He runs from his stupid feelings he has for Seungcheol.

 

 

He wants to shake it off so he picks up his pace, hoping the stupid rising emotions will release and get carried away by the wind. He runs so fast that he steps on his shoelace and flies down the street. He tumbles and rolls painfully before landing on his back.

 

 

He looks up, knowing that there will be bruises, cuts and blood but he stays on the floor, staring into the sky. His breath is heavy and loud. The tears collect and move to the corners of his eyes before they travel down his face.

 

 

“I’m so stupid.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter