twelve: confession

Boy Problems
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

#12: Confession

 

 

Seungcheol whips up a quick dinner consisted of ramen, snacks and chicken delivery. The older throws the remains of their dinner and looks over to Jihoon who busies himself with the television. He watches as the younger switches channels every now and then, trying to find something interesting.

 

 

Snacks from today’s grocery shopping scatter the coffee table as Jihoon throws a few gummy bears into his mouth, chewing thoughtfully as his eyes flicker back and forth from the flashing television to Seungcheol.

 

 

“There’s nothing to watch,” Jihoon groans, leaning his head back on the couch. His eyes flutter shut from today’s event, a little exhausted but content. He feels a shadow loom over him and peels his eyes open to find Seungcheol hovering over him with a sly grin. “What are you doing, Seungcheol?”

 

 

“You look cute,” the taller mumbles and is quick to press his lips against Jihoon’s before he proceeds to grab the remote from his hands. He watches as Jihoon shoots up from his position in shock.

 

 

The younger shoots him a glare, stumbling over his words. “Y-You can’t just d-do that! That’s the s-second time t-today.”

 

 

“I couldn’t resist.” Seungcheol is bold with his words and Jihoon feels blood rushing to his face at his small statement. He curses silently at his racing heart. How can someone just get him so flustered with three small words?

 

 

Seungcheol moves towards the television screen before he puts in a movie. The kiss is suddenly dismissed as the older explains how Joshua had lent him a few English movies to watch whilst he was on holiday in America just last year. He describes how Joshua had bought some with Korean subtitles.

 

 

The older settles beside the younger before his eyes are glued onto the screen as it goes through its opening scene. Jihoon feels the heat radiating from Seungcheol’s body as he thinks about the kisses.

 

 

“You’re in no position to kiss me,” Jihoon suddenly says, a little quiet but Seungcheol hears him.

 

 

“Who can kiss you then?” Seungcheol asks. Jihoon’s heart skips a beat at his question and he fiddles with the string of his hoodie. What does he mean by that question?

 

 

Jihoon nibbles his bottom lip, eventually replying. “Whoever I’m dating.”

 

 

Seungcheol only hums as he grabs a few more candies to eat before he faces Jihoon, the movie playing in the background. Jihoon leans back from the sudden attention and clears his throat.

 

 

“I’m really stupid Jihoon, do you know why?” Seungcheol begins. Jihoon can pick up a sweet smell from his breath and he exhales lightly. He only shakes his head, confused as to where this conversation is heading.

 

 

“I fell in love with someone. He may be short but he’s honestly the best person I could ever wish for. He knows me inside-out and stuck by me for so long. I just knew that he shared the same feelings as I did with him- it was pretty obvious, you know.” Seungcheol smiles teasingly, popping another into his mouth. Jihoon flushes, knowing that he was already caught back then. “I first noticed the secret stares and quick blushes back in high school. I thought it was weird but then someone knocked sense into me by literally locking us into some closet because a stupid game of spin the bottle.”

 

 

“Oh god,” Jihoon whispers, his mind moving back through high school memories. His cheeks are red and the temperature of his body rises as he thinks of the spin the bottle game he played back in one of the high school parties. “That was Seokmin’s idea.”

 

 

Seungcheol chuckles when he remembers. “Right, Seokmin was literally blowing up my ear just during the party. He told me that I was stupid for leaving a certain boy back at the kitchen because of some stupid fight.”

 

 

“Because you broke up with your girlfriend and I was angry with you,” Jihoon remembers. He remembers the way he screamed at Seungcheol for believing every single word that girl spat out. The fact that she accused him of being jealous of their relationship and trying to sabotage them. He remembers when she broke up with Seungcheol, mentioning him as one of the reasons why they couldn’t continue.

 

 

“I was stupid and oblivious about her too, I didn’t think she actually cheated on me for that P.E. teacher and arrogant jerk from the basketball team,” Seungcheol says, a little dazed as he thinks back. He’s silently thankful of Seokmin for lecturing him that night because he managed to save Jihoon from the creepy senior and got seven minutes in heaven with an intoxicat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter