nine: slowly returning

Boy Problems
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

#9: Slowly Returning

 

 

It’s the day of Soonyoung’s performance and Jihoon waits outside Seungcheol’s door, contemplating on whether he should be knocking or not. He rocks back and forth on his feet, his fist raising hesitantly as his other hand holds onto the two tickets.

 

 

The door suddenly flies open and Jihoon stumbles back in surprise. Seungcheol, who stands at the entrance, looks back in shock.

 

 

“Jihoon…?” Seungcheol’s tone is uncertain, wincing as if the shorter might start screaming at him. It’s been too long since they’ve properly conversed- Seungcheol busy with his music program and Jihoon skilfully avoiding the older.

 

 

“O-Oh, are you going out? I just arrived, um…” Jihoon trails off, awkward as he feels his body heat up. Of course, he chooses the worst time to ask him to the show. He has the worst timing ever.

 

 

Seungcheol stops before opening the door a little wider. “Actually, I was on my way to return Jeonghan’s notes. Do you want to join? I need to go grocery shopping after anyways.”

 

 

Jihoon feels a pierce in his heart at the mention of Jeonghan but he still nods. If it gets them back to their normal relationship, then Jihoon will take it.

 

 

“Sure! Let’s go,” Jihoon exclaims, a little too enthusiastic as he shoves the two tickets deep into his jean pocket. Bad timing, indeed. He can ask later; the show doesn’t start until eight pm anyways.

 

 

Seungcheol relaxes at his response before he smiles. “Okay, let’s take my car.”

 

 

The two males are buckled up and Seungcheol reverses until he’s onto the road. Jihoon can’t help but think of that Wednesday night where their noses bumped into each other. Jihoon remembers the way Seungcheol whispered his name before abruptly pulling away with a shake of his head.

 

 

Why did he do that? Jihoon wonders, his teeth biting his bottom lip.

 

 

“So, how’s your work placement?” Seungcheol suddenly asks as they stop at a red light.

 

 

Jihoon hums, his mind going back to where he made his unintentionally loud announcement about confessing. His cheeks flush at the memory.

 

 

“It’s fun, I guess. Some of the questions are a little boring, or repetitive. Soonyoung is really helpful. He has such a cheerful attitude. Sometimes I wish I acted more like him.” Jihoon plays with the compartment in front of him; opening and closing it.

 

 

“Soonyoung, huh?” Seungcheol nods from the driver’s seat as he turns. “So, no interesting calls?”

 

 

Jihoon thinks. “Not really.”

 

 

“I see.”

 

 

Seungcheol doesn’t ask for anything after that, and Jihoon doesn’t try strike up another conversation. The rest of the drive is in silence.

 

 

“We’re here,” Seungcheol declares as he parks the car.

 

 

Jihoon looks up from his lap and his eyes fall on a beautiful red brick house. Even the garden is fully blooming and beautiful; ranging from different types of flowers and colours. Not only does Jihoon envy Jeonghan’s looks, he envies his house and garden.

 

 

“He likes to garden; a lot. He’s big on making his things extravagant.” Seungcheol chuckles as he notices Jihoon gaping at the flowers. They walk down the pebble pathway before ending

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter