ten: unofficial plans

Boy Problems
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

#10: Unofficial Plans

 

 

Jihoon knows it’s time to ask Seungcheol to the show. The show will become his starter pack to returning back to what’s deemed “normal” to him before he breaks it with his confession.

 

 

The younger is nervous as he paces back and forth in front of Seungcheol’s door. His hands grip two bags of junk, whilst Seungcheol is heaving the rice bag onto his shoulder before unlocking the door.

 

 

“Are you okay? You look like you’re struggling,” Seungcheol asks, wearing a playful grin when Jihoon almost drops one bag. The shorter flushes at his teasing comment before kicking his shoes with a small huff.

 

 

“Shut up. I was spacing out,” Jihoon quickly excuses before moving into the door. He hears Seungcheol chuckling behind him and he bites back his grin. At least they’re slowly shifting back into what they were before.

 

 

They both head to the kitchen where Seungcheol lets the rice bag fall to the ground with a low groan and a loud smack. Jihoon chuckles quietly to himself as he pulls the bag onto the marble counter before stretching out his arm.

 

 

“I’ll probably regret this.” Seungcheol stares at the two bags filled with unhealthy junk.

 

 

“Don’t worry, I’ll eat it for you.” Jihoon grins as he opens up the cupboards. He begins by chucking all the ramen inside. His mind is occupied by the two tickets that rest inside his pocket. He knows he needs to ask soon because he checks the time and it's already five pm.

 

 

Seungcheol massages his arms before he moves towards Jihoon. “Okay, let’s unpack and we can figure things out later.”

 

 

Jihoon tenses at his words. What does Seungcheol mean by ‘figure things out’?

 

 

Seungcheol seems to catch the younger frozen and wears confusion before his lips shift into a small ‘o’. “Oh, I meant like figure out what you want to do later, unless you already have plans.”

 

 

“Oh.” Jihoon visibly relaxes before cursing at himself with heated cheeks. Why does he need to overthink everything Seungcheol says now? Damn it. “Right, since you said that…”

 

 

“You have plans, right?” Seungcheol guesses as he grabs the packets of gummies out of Jihoon’s paused hands. He moves to one of the taller cupboards and places them inside.

 

 

Jihoon smiles as he passes Seungcheol more food. “Actually, we have plans.”

 

 

Seungcheol shoots the younger a confused look.

 

 

“Are you busy tonight?” Jihoon casually asks as he closes the door. He puts the bags elsewhere as he waits for an answer.

 

 

Seungcheol looks back in surprise at Jihoon’s initiative to approach him. “Uh, yeah, I’m free.”

 

 

“Soonyoung gave me two tickets for his show he’s participating in and I was wondering if you wanted to come with me?” Jihoon’s voice is shy as he faces Seungcheol. He holds two tickets in his hand but keeps his head down.

 

 

He doesn’t catch Seungcheol’s faltering smile at the mention of his co-worker.

 

 

“Sure, I don’t mind.”

 

 

Jihoon feels ecstatic at his response and tells him that they’ll need to leave at seven-thirty so they can arrive at Soonyoung’s university by eight pm.

 

 

“Sure, what do you want to do now?” Seungcheol asks as they clear the counter and move the rice bag over to lean against the wall.

 

 

“Let’s go to your room for now,” Jihoon says with a small grin before skipping out the kitchen to his bedroom. Seungcheol follows behind with a slow pace.

 

 

Jihoon is a little more than excited because it’s been too long since he’s been in his house, and his room. His eyes shift towards the couch and television set as he moves down the hallway. Memories of their kiss flicker in his mind before he shakes them away.

 

 

The younger quickly moves to the shut door and turns i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter