two: love advice

Boy Problems
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

#2: Love Advice

 

 

Jihoon hasn’t spoken to Seungcheol since the realisation hit him. He can’t help but feel too flustered or nervous whenever the taller comes up to strike a conversation, which Jihoon immediately ends with a lame excuse.

 

 

It’s a Saturday and Jihoon is working from nine to five- a full work day and the smaller is on his lunch break, along with Soonyoung who sips from his soda.

 

 

The other talks passionately about his project at his university- he’s been told he has been chosen to perform for some special annual show.

 

 

“…and now I started on my choreography. It’s still in the process of making. I’m performing with three other guys, one of them is my boyfriend, from the same department- we’re all fusing our ideas together. It’s the most fun I’ve ever had and it’s my final year at uni!” Soonyoung grins, biting into the company’s provided sandwich.

 

 

“Sounds fun.” Jihoon smiles weakly. He feels a little guilty for tuning out his words but Seungcheol just happens to be a reoccurring thought in his mind.

 

 

“Do you want to watch us perform? I could get you tickets, maybe bring a friend or two,” Soonyoung suggests with excitement. His fingers are clasped together, his eyes are sparkling and his sandwich discarded on the plate.

 

 

Jihoon can’t help but think of Seungcheol when Soonyoung mentions it. “That’d be great, let me know about the details and I’ll double-check my schedule.”

 

 

“Awesome,” Soonyoung says, his eyes flickering to the screen on his phone before sighing, “And my lunch break is over. See you in a bit- I’ve been selected to assist a love expert. I think they’re going to make me answer and give advice from the top of my head.”

 

 

Jihoon watches as Soonyoung cringes at the thought before chuckling. “Good luck, they got me into the seat for the next four hours. I’m going to be answering emails and questions sent online.”

 

 

“I don’t know which one is better.” Soonyoung’s features contort into a tired expression as he disposes the remains of his sandwich. “Catch you later if I can.”

 

 

Jihoon is left alone to enjoy the remaining thirty minutes of his lunch before it hits one in the afternoon. He needs to go to floor six and sit down for the next four hours- exciting, Jihoon thinks with sarcasm.

 

 

Lunch break is finally over.

 

 

Jihoon makes his way to the elevator and goes up two floors. He exits with a small sigh as he rubs his face.

 

 

“Lee Jihoon?” a woman’s voice breaks into his thoughts and Jihoon straightens.

 

 

Jihoon glances over to the sophisticated woman, dressed in her formal attire consisting a pencil skirt and a cream blouse. She holds onto a clipboard as she scans Jihoon.

 

 

A small smile forms. “Follow me. I’m sure they’ve explained what you’re here to do, right?”

 

 

Jihoon nods, no words coming out and the woman gestures him to the glass doors.

 

 

“This is where we gather workers to answer emails. It’s especially busy and demanding on weekends so prepare yourself. Joshua will guide you to your seat.”

 

 

Jihoon thanks the woman silently and heads inside to find a tall male waiting at the entrance.

 

 

“You must be the intern from the university. Just follow me, you just need to answer and click next and answer. Use the book if you need guidelines on advice. Work quickly because the lists do pile up, especially on weekends,” the male, Jihoon assumes is Joshua, instructs as they move down aisles.

 

 

Jihoon watches as people are flipping their books, fingers moving up and down pages and keyboards as they answer to love dilemmas.

 

 

“Here you are, have fun, don’t stress too much.” Joshua pats Jihoon on the shoulder before disappearing.

 

 

Jihoon sighs, signing into the computer with the I.D. provided by the company. He’s immediately hit with the first question and he can’t help but feel exhausted already.

 

 

Hi,

I’m eighteen and I’ve fallen for my friend. She’s really cute and popular with the guys so I’m insecure. What should I do?

12fallenboy

 

 

Jihoon moves his fingers to the keyboard, typing whatever that comes up into his head.

 

 

Hours are passing by and Jihoon is getting the hang of it. He learns to type fast and not stall with advice, short and quick is the way. He’s almost finished with the provided list and he can’t help but feel a little proud at himself for working at such a pace.

 

 

Jihoon notes how some of the questions are almost similar to his current situation.

 

 

He forms his own questions.

 

 

Should he be confessing? Would that break their friendship apart? Usually it's friendship over love, right? Does Seungcheol like him? Does he even see him in that way? How would he react? Would he feel disgusted?

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter