bonus chapter

Boy Problems
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Bonus: Seven Minutes in Heaven

 

 

Jihoon wore a pessimistic expression as he unwillingly trudged after his two friends; Seungcheol and Seokmin. Seungcheol led the group, however, he put up a cold shoulder to the shorter as he strode into the large house. Seokmin, on the other hand, stayed back with Jihoon.

 

 

The front door was left open for the guests to easily enter and exit. It was convenient but dangerous and Jihoon clicked his tongue against the roof of his mouth in distaste. His eyes scanned the front, red cups scattering the front lawn. Jihoon held back his disgust when his eyes landed on the two figures in the hidden shadows, ferociously eating each other’s faces as if the world was ending.

 

 

He felt a hand on his shoulder and turned to Seokmin who wore a bothered expression.

 

 

“Did something happened between you guys?” Seokmin asked when he eyed his two friends who didn’t bother acknowledging each other nor, exchange glances.

 

 

Jihoon felt his heart thud at the question and a mixture of emotion rising up. “His stupid girlfriend broke up with him and apparently it’s my ing fault. I didn’t ask her to cheat on him with two guys, did I?”

 

 

Seokmin winced at his choice of words; they were harsher than he expected. His eyes shifted to Seungcheol who wasn’t that far ahead. He noted how he tensed up, probably because his ears had picked up Jihoon’s loud voice. Seokmin braced himself for the upcoming drama.

 

 

Seungcheol turned 180o, facing Jihoon who staggered back from the sudden sharp movement. However, he kept his features under control when their eyes met.

 

 

“So you think you have the right to talk about our relationship?” Seungcheol snapped, infuriated at his friend’s attitude and Jihoon had the nerve to scoff in his face. The action had only enraged the older.

 

 

Jihoon shrugged, nonchalant at the situation. “It’s not my fault she decided that you weren’t enough.”

 

 

Seokmin stood on the side wincing. Jihoon’s behaviour was only putting salt on the wound, the atmosphere was thick and suffocating. He didn’t know what to do, he was conflicted between stopping the fight or letting Jihoon fight back.

 

 

He felt bad but Seokmin had to side with Jihoon with this one. He knew how of a girlfriend Yeonha was for Seungcheol. He remembered the way she acted without Seungcheol’s knowing. She had him wrapped around her finger- he was too oblivious.

 

 

“She didn’t cheat on me. You’re just assuming- don’t make assumptions about you don’t know,” Seungcheol said, his tone harsh and cold. His brows were furrowed and his frown lines were visible. It was clear that he was distressed and broken by the news of the break up and the fact that she may have cheated.

 

 

Jihoon’s jaw tensed at his words. He stopped the urge to roll his eyes at the older. He couldn’t believe that Seungcheol was siding with the cheating ex-girlfriend, rather than his best friend. “Well obviously, you don’t know your ex-girlfriend enough to figure out that she literally flirts with every guy she walks past, and she was cheating on you with, not one, but two guys.”

 

 

“Shut the up. She told me you were just jealous because you knew you couldn’t get into a relationship like I could. I’m sorry that you don’t have the best socialising skills or love life, but that didn’t mean you had to ruin mine.”

 

 

“And you believe her over your best friend since diapers? Come on, Seungcheol. She told you I sabotaged your relationship. Does it look like I would do that? Are you stupid?” Jihoon exclaimed, exasperated and annoyed at the fact that Seungcheol had to choose Yeonha as his first love and first girlfriend.

 

 

“This relationship was the best thing I had and you had to ruin it.” Seungcheol glared him down before storming off.

 

 

His words lingered in the air, leaving a bitter taste to the mouth. It was a pierce to Jihoon’s heart because his cold façade faltered and he felt a rush of emotions rising up again. His eyes grew glassy from tears and he was quick to wipe them away before Seokmin could say anything.

 

 

“, that was bad,” Seokmin commented, worry evident in his tone as he looked over to Jihoon. He knew how much the boy cared for Seungcheol but he also knew how Jihoon’s expressions weren’t the best.

 

 

Jihoon waved his hand in the air, trying to dismiss what had just happened. “Who cares, he’s going to realise how stupid he is and beg for forgiveness.”

 

 

Seokmin was uneasy with his friends’ dispute but he eventually had to let it go because Jihoon was stubborn and Seungcheol was ignoring them. The boy bit back his words because he was probably going to save it up to lecture Seungcheol later in the night.

 

 

“Go find your friend. Didn’t you say you came here to catch up?” Jihoon pushed Seokmin deeper into the crowd of teenagers and the boy shot him a concerned look. Jihoon shook his head with a small smile. “It’s okay, I’ll be in the kitchen.”

 

 

Seokmin disappeared along with Jihoon’s smile. The shorter found his way around students and into the huge kitchen. He eyed the multiple tubs of drinks- probably some concoction of fruit juice and alcohol but he grabbed a clean red cup from the package and poured himself a cup.

 

 

He downed it so quickly that he moved for his second. He felt the anger rising again and he tried to drink it away.

 

 

Stupid Seungcheol- he is so stupid. His eyes were tearing up again. How could his best friend do this to him? Was he really that dense? How could he believe Yeonha? Sabotage? Jealous?

 

 

Jihoon paused at the thought before he chugged his drink. He refilled it and wiped his lips. He scoffed at the situation.

 

 

Jealous? Fine, to be completely honest he was jealous; jealous at the fact that Seungcheol was paying more attention to Yeonha than him; the fact that Seungcheol doesn’t come to his house on Fridays’ for their weekly hangout- just the two of them; the fact that Jihoon found himself become insignificant in Seungcheol’s life.

 

 

Jihoon missed their close friendship and Seungcheol was indulging himself with his relationship. Seokmin mentioned something about being more than just best friends, maybe he grew feelings for the guy but Jihoon laughed it away.

 

 

Feelings for Seungcheol? No way, that can never happen between them.

 

 

Jihoon felt his fingers tighten against his red cup as his breathing went heavy. Feelings? No- but it might be a crush, Jihoon had to admit it. His cheeks were flushed and he was a little out of it.

 

 

He may have a crush on Seungcheol but it’ll be over so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter