eleven: performances

Boy Problems
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

#11: Performances

 

 

The boys leave Seungcheol’s house at seven-fourty-three, a little late but the older reassures the younger.

 

 

“Don’t worry, I know a shortcut.”

 

 

Unfortunately, that ends up being the wrong turn and Seungcheol is now stuck in traffic where there is no left turn and has to drive a little further down before turning into a smaller street before returning back to where he originally started.

 

 

Jihoon fidgets in his seat, anxious as he stares at the time. The digital clock shifts and Jihoon feels his heart dropping further lower.

 

 

“Seungcheol, you should never trust shortcuts!” Jihoon exclaims as he anxiously waits in the car. They’re currently stuck in a red light and he doesn’t know when Soonyoung is performing so he’s nervous. He doesn’t want to miss the performance or else he’ll feel bad.

 

 

Seungcheol glances over to the younger. “Sorry, I swear I had it right. One of my friends goes to this university and I took this exact shortcut.”

 

 

“Are you sure because it seems like we’re getting further and further away from the university. I don’t want to miss Soonyoung’s performance either.” Jihoon groans as he stares at the red light, silently hoping it’d turn green already. He eagerly wants to meet Minghao, the famous boyfriend Soonyoung’s been telling him about.

 

 

He’s also on the same performance team.

 

 

The car finally moves and Jihoon cheers a little too loudly. Seungcheol is laughing at his reaction and makes the right turn before they’re eventually on the road to Soonyoung’s university- the right road.

 

 

Jihoon is finally relaxed, texting Soonyoung that they’ll be a little late and they’re absolutely sorry. The latter texts back saying that he’s performing after three more acts so they need to hurry their asses.

 

 

“Quick! Three more performances and it’s Soonyoung. We’re screwed,” Jihoon moans silently as he glances at the time. He tries to calculate how long it’ll take for them and how long a performance is- which he doesn’t exactly know but he guesses.

 

 

“Ah! I know a shortcut!” Seungcheol’s voice is excited and bright when his eyes land on this small alleyway. Jihoon slaps his shoulder in disapproval.

 

 

“Don’t bull with me, I’m not risking it,” Jihoon snaps but Seungcheol doesn’t listen. When Jihoon moves closer to take over the steering wheel, the older takes the chance and kisses Jihoon on the lips. The younger falters immediately and Seungcheol successfully turns into his shortcut.

 

 

“W-What, that’s n-not fair! You c-can’t just do that to me…” Jihoon’s voice grows quieter as he feels his body heating up and his cheeks flushing a deep shade. This isn’t supposed to happen, not again, but Seungcheol isn’t fazed and continues driving.

 

 

“I told you! We’re here!” Seungcheol declares from his seat as he parks quickly. Jihoon snaps out of it and stares outside, relaxing when he sees the university in his line of sight.

 

 

“Thank god,” the shorter mumbles as he gets out. Seungcheol is already out and locks the car when Jihoon stumbles out. He catches him and steadies him. Jihoon jumps at the contact, stiff when he feels their fingers interlocking and they walk down the street.

 

 

Jihoon is blushing but he doesn’t protest. Instead, he cherishes it but he still feels restless. Seungcheol is relaxed as he swings their hands back and forth with a big smile.

 

 

They enter the university and walk through the hallways, with Seungcheol as the guide seeing that he’s been here before.

 

 

“This should be it,” Seungcheol says as they arrive at large double doors. Jihoon pushes it open and lights blind him almost immediately. He notices how the lights move around the stage with flashy style. “We’re pretty late. Come on, let’s find our seats.”

 

 

Jihoon drags Seungcheol to the middle of the crowd to their assigned seats, grabbing a pamphlet from one of the volunteers, and they get comfortable before Jihoon flips through the paper. He scans the pape

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter