five: mistake

Boy Problems
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

#5: Mistake

 

 

Jihoon wakes up feeling under the weather.

 

 

He feels a small headache but it’s the heartache that’s hurting him. The younger shifts around in the bed, his eyes moving to check the time.

 

 

Seven-fifty-two in the morning.

 

 

He still has time to make it for work. Jihoon peels the blanket off him as he takes in his surroundings before last nights’ memories flash, still fresh in his mind. His cheeks are red from thought but his eyes feel a little teary.

 

 

Why did Seungcheol pull away?

 

 

The door suddenly opens and Jihoon jumps. His heart thumps rapidly in an irregular beat. The boy watches as Seungcheol comes in with a glass of water and a tablet of aspirin.

 

 

Seungcheol pauses when he sees the boy awake. “I brought you tablets. You have a hangover. Are you sure you’re able to go to work today?”

 

 

“Yeah.” Jihoon can feel his tears collecting and he keeps his head down.

 

 

Seungcheol puts the things on the bedside table. “I made you breakfast. I’m leaving now because I have to meet up with Jeonghan. Be careful at work today. Just go early if you feel sick.”

 

 

Meeting up with Jeonghan- Jihoon feels a pinch at his heart. “Okay.”

 

 

The door shuts and Jihoon squeezes his eyes tight. He feels the tears trickle down his cheek and he quickly sniffles as he sloppily wipes it away.

 

 

Seungcheol acts as if nothing happened last night- as if the memory has been completely wiped from his brain. He acts like it's any other day- he's still caring and warm but is blatant to last nights' kiss.

 

Why?

 

 

Seungcheol never answers from the first time.

 

 

Jihoon doesn’t ask again.

 

 

Jihoon sits at his computer, a little out of it, as he reads the new emails and questions. His fingers move slower, his energy languidly depleting as he reads the next question.

 

 

He slowly begins to despise these love problems. Nothing seems to answer to his problem.

 

 

It’s a cycle that’s repetitive and draining but Jihoon doesn’t complain out loud. He just wants answers like the rest of them.

 

 

“What happened? You look great today.” A sarcastic tone takes over and Jihoon looks up to find Soonyoung leaning above him. The smaller sighs and quickly flashes a tired smile.

 

 

“Hey, how’s work going for you?” Jihoon asks.

 

 

Soonyoung raises a brow at the topic change. “It’s good so far. I managed to get you two tickets for the show! It’s in a month so remember to mark your calendar okay?”

 

 

Jihoon smiles at the male’s overly-excited personality as he hands over two printed tickets. He grabs them, his heart sinking when he realises why he specifically asked for only two tickets. He planned to ask Seungcheol to join him.

 

 

Jihoon exhales loudly, is it even possible now?

 

 

“You should be happy, don’t give me that face. Now tell me what’s wrong. You know what, I’ll take you out for our love letter deliveries. They put me in charge today. I’ll request for you to join me.” Soonyoung smiles and pulls the boy to his feet.

 

 

Jihoon is silently thankful for Soonyoung trying his best to cheer him up. He follows the taller without a word.

 

 

Joshua approves of it, noting how dejected Jihoon’s been looking ever since his entrance in the office two hours ago. “Sure, but that means you’re going to have to deliver double. I want them done by today. If you work overtime, I’ll pay one-and-a-half.”

 

 

“Awesome hyung, thanks!” Soonyoung is cheerful and Jihoon silently wishes he could be like him.

 

 

“Let’s go. Our transport is a motorbike so you’re going to have to hold tight. I actually have a licence for this,” Soonyoung instructs as he hands Jihoon a side bag to wear with all the love letters sent in by the customers.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter