Assasin-dentally in Love

Namsong Series

Song Minho was convinced that the universe was conspiring in an effort to get rid of him but it seemed that just taking him out was no fun and wanted more entertainment value so universe sent it in a form of a person, an angel of death.


The first time Mino nearly escaped death was when he was on his way to the cafeteria after the last class of the day ended. He was humming along to his favorite track that was currently playing when he saw a football flying towards his direction.

Thankfully for his quick reflexes by doing a large side step to avoid the guy that running backwards at that moment, Mino avoided an elbow poke to his eyes. 


“Oh my god I am sorry! I totally missed you. Are you okay?” The guy asked worriedly scanning Mino up and down as though to check if he was hurt.


“No I am fine but if I was being honest I am hoping to die before the exam rolls around.” 


It could have been the way Mino’s voice sounded matter of fact with the tinge of sarcasm or the fact that the sun was directly shining into his eyes so he could not quite make out the person that nearly rammed into him. All he knew was wearing a varsity jacket over a white shirt, must be a jock.


The way he reacted might have been a warning to the Athletics Guy because he took a step back in caution before mumbling an apology again. However, before Mino could answer someone must have called him as Athletics Guy turned back at the sound giving Mino a chance to escape.     


As Mino made his way back to his apartment, he could not help but to whip his phone out to send a text to the group chat “Wild & Young”…


~~~~~~~~~~


Mino : Guys… I nearly got taken out today… 


Yoonie : Only this can happen to you…


Gamer : It was only a matter of time… 


Hoon :  Why did they fail to take you out today?


Mino : What kind of  friends are you?! 


~~~~~~~~~~

The next time it happened which was barely a week from the first encounter, he literally almost fell on top of Mino but this time was different because he was under a tree blocking out the sun so he could get a good look. 


Lo and behold it was the Athletics Guy that fell from the higher branches nearly on top of him leaving a rustle of leaves that rained down between them. 


So Athletics Guy looked better than the hazy image because up close he could see the facial feature and Athletics Guy sort of have the elegant feel  and his body was toned but not overly muscular which Mino found it strange that he could be a jock. 
But who was he to judge anyway. 


“OH MY GOD I AM SO SORRY… I can explain I swear… I have a photography assignment about nature in the campus so I thought it was a good idea to take a picture from the perspective of a bird and I lost my balance.” He explained while sweeping the leaves off his hair. 


“I did not ask.” Mino answered in a flat tone which startles the guy a bit.


“Have we met before?” 


“No we have not and I am late for class.” Mino answered before he ran off.


Well, it was true that he was already 15 minutes late for class but he could concentrate for the lecture because he kept thinking how it was insane that one could look this good with just a white shirt and ripped skinny jeans. It just made him bite the pale milky skin… 


URGH! Athletics Guy was going to be the death of him… Damn for being so cute!


~~~~~~~~~~

Mino has no idea if it was universe erse way of toying with him because it kept sending him a super adorable angel of death to kill him but somehow he just barely avoid annihilation at the very last second somehow.


Just like how once he was heading back after studying in the library until late so he had to detour his way out since most of the main exits were locked up already. Of all the people to see, he stood rooted at his spot at the hallway as he watched Athletics Guy breakdance as though he was performing on stage with thousands of audience instead of an empty hallway. 


Damn it… even his singing voice was good…


Apparently, Athletics Guy was not only sporty or into arts but he also danced and sing?! He was starting to defy the notion that he was the stereotypical jock that was only good at that one thing…


Mino decided to stick his body as close to the wall as possible as he attempted to move as silent so as not to startle the boy that was doing some hip ing movement before ending with pop. Mino swore he felt scandalized. 


Seriously, was that how young people dance these days? Is that even allowed? 


He decided that he would just ignore the way his hair was clinging onto to his forehead, how his shirt was sticking to his body or the way the collar of his shirt being a little stretched out flaunting his super bitable collarbone.


 It was a sinful sight yet at the same time Mino wondered if Athletics Guy only had one shirt because each time he saw him it was that same bloody shirt. 


Things were seemingly going well until Athletics Guy decided to drop down for a body spin and his feet nearly swept Mino from under. Thank god he had the sense to jump up to avoid the long legs but somehow he still landed on his . 


“I swear to god I thought I was the only one left.” 


“Library, Mid terms” Mino muttered as though these two words were able to explained everything. 


“Hey! Aren’t you the one under the tree and the other times before?”


“NOPE! Wrong!” Mino exclaimed before he stood up. 


“But…” 


“What is the track that you were rapping to?” Mino was suddenly curious because he sounded really good doing it. 


“BTS – Not today” He answered looking confused at the sudden change in topic. 


Yup, not today… He was not going to get killed. Not today…


~~~~~~~~~~

Mino: Someone or anyone… please call the cops… 


Hoon: Is this about the guy that has been sent to assassinate you but keep failing somehow? 


Gamer : Mysterious Guy?!?! I NEED DEETS NOW! 


Yoon : There has been this guy that Mino has been meeting and each time he very nearly kills him but he can’t say much cause he is adorable…


Gamer : Wow I never knew Mino had kinks! 


P.O : I did, Jinwoo… Saw it from a mile away that Mino had kinks…


Mino : I never seen anyone so clumsy but why does he needs to look so cute doing it? 


P.O : OH MAN MINO HAS GOT IT BAD… 


Gamer : ASK HIM OUT!


Hoon : He won’t cause he thinks he is straight


~~~~~~~~~~


Exams came and went. They all did pretty well and decided what better way to celebrate than to buy soju and crash at Mino’s apartment. After all, his apartment was the only one that could fit everyone since campus dorms were as small as . 


Jinwoo and Seungyoon did not join them since they wanted some couple time together so it was just Seunghoon and P.O together with him at his place drinking their heads off. 


Mino was not sure if it was his fifth or sixth bottle of soju when he suddenly thought of Athletics Guy and now he could not seem to get it out of his head no matter how hard he tried. 


“No one… I mean no one should look absolutely so cute when trying to me.” Mino grumbled after another swig of soju. He felt his head getting really heavy so he puts his head down on the table and it was instantly all better. 


“Just ask him out already…” P.O asked apparently he was still sort sane. 


“No I cannot… I don’t think he is interested in boys… do you know what he did today? He nearly butterfly kicked me to … is there something he isn’t good at?” Mino muttered. 


“So he takes martial arts class?” Hoon asked curiously. 


“Mult- talented… Nice…  Please ask him out already… If you never getting the balls to ask then you will never know won’t you?” P.O questioned. 


“Hmmmm… God I swear he is just so effing adorable… But he needs to get a shirt… I mean why does he only have one shirt? I am going shopping tomorrow…” 


“You really need to ask him out… I want to know who he is…” Hoon all but slurred as he downed the rest of his bottle of soju.


“Maybe I should right?” Mino declared before standing up and climbing on top of the dining table and proceeded to black out. 


Morning came with a massive headache which reminded him why he should never drink so much soju. It was insane and he swore the sun was out to chew out his eyes. Somehow through their drunken haze, the three of them managed to stumbled into Mino’s bedroom because the three of them were lying haphazardly over his bed and snoring away.
He wanted to continue sleeping but the incessant ringing just would not stop and it was a while before he realized that it came from his mobile phone instead of his head. 


Sliding on the touch screen to pick up the call, Mino could not find the strength of any kind to mutter a greeting so he just opted to put the phone on his ear and waited. 


“Rise and shine my baby!” Jinwoo greeted sound eerily chirpy that particular morning.


“What do you want?” Mino grumbled fighting through the thick fog of sleep and headache.


“Are you going shopping today?” Jinwoo asked cheerily. 


 “No why?” 


“Oh well, anyway that was some rant you got going there. I got to thank P.O for it… Please take the hangover pill from the nightstand ya?” 


“Hyung! What are you talking about?” 


“Group chat, sunshine! It was so good that I had to watch it twice!” Jinwoo exclaimed before cutting the call. 


With a series of hurried taps, Mino managed to open up the group chat with a whopping 100 unread notifications from friends he will be unfriending in the next three minutes. 


P.O : (Video)


P.O : Enjoy this guys… one of the rare chance we get to see Mino bares his heart and soul! 


It was a thumbnail image of Mino’s head on the table that was 15 minutes long… Mino could feel the embarrassment creeping in like a wild fire. 


Gamer : WHAT A MONOLOGUE!!! 15 MINUTES OF GOODNESS 


Yoon : Move over Shakespeare cause Song Minho is in da house! But Mino is ok right? 


Hoon : I have no idea why he needed to go on top of the dining table but all is well! P.O and I carried him to bed and found the hangover pill to leave it on his nightstand… He will need it… 


Gamer : first and foremost before you die at his hands tomorrow, I would like to thank you P.O for your generous contribution to mankind. 


P.O : IKR… I am awesome! 


Mino could only grit his teeth at the stupidity of his so called friends. Even though they took care of him the night before, Mino still found the satisfaction to give the two idiots a feel of the pillow against thir faces. 


~~~~~~~~~~  

“I know have had a horrible experience once but it should not be stopping you from pursuing your own happiness.” Seungyoon advised as they both stared up at the menu when they entered their favoourite café. 


Jinnwoo was supposed to join them but he vaguely said he had something to do so it was just Mino and Yoon. 


“Why are you looking at the menu when you are just going to order an Oreo Cheesecake?” 


“You don’t know that.” Yoon retorted but the next moment he heard his friend placing an order with the staff for an Oreo Cheesecake. 


“Please Mino hyung just listen to me and just ask him out. I mean have you seen yourself in the mirror? You look so lovestruck when you talk about him even though he is murdering you 90% of the time.” 


Mino considered it and maybe it might not be a bad idea after all. Now it was just a matter to putting it across to a particular cute death angel. 


~~~~~~~~~~~


Mino was walking on the street after the café run with Seungyoon. When his phone pinged with a message from the chat. 


Gamer : SOOOOO… Hoon and I have been talking… 


Mino : So you ditched us to talk? 


Gamer : Shush! We are doing God’s work. 


Hoon : we have been piecing the clues together and we think we know who the mysterious guy is…


“Are you ting me?!” Mino exclaimed in the middle of the street and causing passer-bys to stare at him as though he had just grown a second head. 


Mino : Are you ting me right now?!


Gamer : We figured there can only be one guy who has did all the things you have been sharing with us. Plus he looks cute to we added one and one together. 


Hoon : (Image)


Hoon : And BAM!! YOU ARE WELCOME!


Gamer : Is the guy you have been crushing on the one standing in the middle? 


Mino immediately downloads the picture then quickly opening his picture gallery to view and enlarge the image. It was taken in on the dance studios on the campus. Seunghoon and P.O at both ends of the goup picture and the guy in the middle…. 


Yup that was exactly him…. 


Mino : What in the actual world…. 


Gamer : That is Nam Taehyun… He is in my graphic design class...


Yoon : I have hung out with him a couple of times since he is my partner for music productions module.. 


Hoon : He is in our dance class but in P.O's team not mine. He is the best of out that group 


P.O : I cannot believe Taehyunie is the one you have been pining over… Oh! Remember Hoon? He told us about this cute guy he kept running into. 


Gamer : OMGG… MiNO! HE CALLED YOU CUTE… WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!


Mino : How is it possible that everyone except me know him and I don’t? 


~~~~~~~~~~


It turned out that Nam Taehyun was a first year which will explain why Mino kept running into him starting this year. He was an arts major so it sort of explained his quirks. Somehow, Jinwoo managed to snatch Mino’s phone over to create Taehyun’s contact in his phonebook. 


So Mino had been lying on his bed toying with his phone all the while thinking if he should just bite the bullet and send the guy a text. 


Mino : Hey… I don’t know if you remember me but I would like to remind you that you have been trying on multiple attempts to end me so here is your chance to own up to them. 


It was after moments of dilemma that Mino decided to just bite the bullet and hit the send button before dropping the phone beside his head in embarrassment. It was almost instantly that his phone pinged with a reply. 


Taehyun : Oh … Are you mad? 


“Urgh nice try Mino…” Mino said in mock disgust. The message might have sounded really rude. 


Mino : No I am honestly not mad at all… 


Taehyun : Whew! I mean it was never my intention to take you out in the assassination kind of way.  


Wait does that he wants to take me out in the non-assassin kind out way? 


Mino : We should meet up and discuss how you can make it up to me


Taehyun : Good idea… how about tomorrow? I end at 3pm


Mino : 3.30pm at Sugar & Spice? 


Taehyun : Sure I will see you tomorrow then! 


~~~~~~~~~~


Mino arrived at the café at 3.25pm trying not to keep looking at his watch or look around to see if a certain angel of death was making his way over. 


“Hi Mino-ssi? I am Nam Taehyun.” Taehyun introduced with his right hand out ready with a handshake. 


Mino looked up from his game to see a Taehyun standing before him and for a moment he was dumbstruck by the vision of the younger guy but then he remembered he needed to be polite.


“I think we are way pass that stage, don’t you think?” Mino answered with a smile before taking his hand. 

Taehyun laughed as they stepped into the café and Mino swore to God that it was the best thing he ever heard in his entire life. He ordered coffee but Taehyun insisted he get something else because he was making up to Mino for all the failed attempts on his life. 


Mino did not realize he was enjoying his time so much and Taehyun was actually a very sweet person plus he is even more adorable now that they have gotten to know each other better. He was suddenly very excited about the future. 


“I did not realized that all my friends knew who you were except me.. . But you are bound to meet them so please whatever they say about me are lies.. I repeat… LIES…”


“Well, you might meet Bobby in the future,,, Please don’t  listen to his nonsense…” 


“Like what?” Mino was curious at what Taehyun might say to that friend of his. 


“Like how I called you as the cute bed head guy..." Taehyun admitted shyly and Mino melted.


“Time flies and it is already 7.30pm…” Mino mumbled as he took a look at his watch. 


“I don’t have anything planned… Do you want to grab dinner?” Taehyun asked shyly and Mino wish he could just die right there. 


“Sure, Let’s!” Mino agreed easily before they both stood up to head out. 


“You know… I just realize that I have not killed you yet today.” 


“Don’t jinx it, Taehyun.”


No sooner than the words left Mino’s mouth, Taehyun slipped on a wet patch on the pavement. He rushed over to hold the guy but Taehyun’s flailing arms somehow connected with Mino’s nose. 


“ it looks like I did ing jinx it… OH MY GOD… s! Are you okay?” Taehyun asked with his eyes wide with panic. 


It took a while realize that Mino was bleeding when he touched his nose and felt something wet.

He was definitely bleeding. 


“Oh… Right… Don’t worry… it is just a nose bleed. Looks like we have to do a rain check on dinner…”

Taehyun still looked so adorable flustered that Mino could not help but to pull the younger close to him so that he could kiss him on the lips. 


“You taste of blood…” Taehyun mumbled after they broke apart to catch their breath. 


However, before Mino could say anything, Taehyun leaned in to kiss him again. 


~~~~~~~~~~

Mino : !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Gamer : Are you still out on a date?  UPDATE US!! 


Mino : (Image)


Yoon : OMG ARE YOU OKAY? WHY ARE YOU BLEEDING?! 


Hoon : He took you out again didn't he? 


Mino : We are at my place now… Taehyun is asleep after movie… I don’t have the heart to wake up cause he looks so adorable sleeping…


P.O : Man you are whipped! Have you guys kissed? 


Mino : OBVIOUSLY!! 


Gamer : !!!!!!!!!


Mino : !!!!!!!!!!!!! 


~~~~~~~~~~  


Taehyun fell asleep just as the credits rolled. It was definitely an exciting evening with movie and another round of nose bleeding halfway through the movie which caused Taehyun to fly into another round of panic.


He did not have the heart to wake the younger guy up so Mino went to take an extra pillow and a blanket and tucked Taehyun more comfortably as he slept on the couch. He was awake at his own bed for a long time as he ran through the day’s happening unable to believe that Taehyun was real, true and sleeping on his couch but Mino did eventually slept at 2am…


“Mino? What time is it? ” Taehyun mumbled which had Mino awake in a sleepy haze.


“It is still too early to be awake, Taehyun-ah” Mino answered sleepily.


“I am going to head back. Thanks for letting me stay over.” 


Mino rolled over so that he was closer to the door and patted the space on the bed which only made the younger stare.


“There is enough space on the bed. You can just sleep here. Do you want to stay?”


“Yeah I would like that.” Taehyun answered before walking over. 


Mino felt the bed dip with Taehyun’s weight as the younger guy scooted under the covers to lie down next to him. Unable to control, Mino rolled over so he could wrap his arms around Taehyun, savoring the feel of Taehyun in his arms. 


“Well, this was a long date and we are will on it.” 


“Yes it was and I don’t want it to end.” Taehyun mumbled before burying his face into the crook of Mino’s neck.


~~~~~~~~~~  


Gamer: You know I just realized that Taehyun and Mino had been dating the past month and a half and we still have not added him into the chat… 


*Yoon added Taehyun into the chat*


P.O : TAEHYUNIE!! 


Taehyun : Hi guys! 


Hoon : Welcome to Wild & Young!


Taehyun : Yeah I am really sure it is going to be wild here… I am looking forward to getting to know you all better


Mino : Don’t believe a word about what the say about me…


Hoon : BELIEVE ME... BELIEVE US!!


Gamer : Taehyunie! Let’s hang this weekend at my place… We can game and have boy talk! 


Mino : What the … he is barely here for 5 minutes and you are asking my boyfriend out to hang? 


P.O : Oh ya before I forget… Taehyunie… There is this video of Mino that you need to see…  I SWEAR YOU WILL LOVE THIS!


*P.O had been deleted from the group*

~~~~~~~~~~

hihi back with a fluffy one before the final part of blurred lines.... please enjoy and have a happy friday!